Need For Speed: Carbon

TechZ

Captain Internet
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
Audi TT '08 (Sold) S8 '02 (Sold)
Need for Speed: Carbon is the latest installment in Need for Speed series. Although it has yet to be officially announced, it was shown in EA's montage at Sony's E? 2006 conference. The story and features of this game are unknown as of now. It is the first NFS game set to be released for the PlayStation 3. From the previews, Lamborghinis and Porsches have been featured in the game. It is also evident that night time racing will make a welcome return to the series as some of the cars appear to have neon lights.

Gamespot article, with trailer. (thanks SlimJimGuyMan)

Not much of a clip, but here it is.

Its already wiki'd, here.

Ya, it's just a teaser. Saw it a week or two back.

Retard from NFS Forum said:
the short clip i saw makes me think that it's called carbon, cuz carbon dioxyde is the main ingredient, if i can say, of smoke. so, when there is smoke there is... what.... yes, u guessed it, DRIFTING.

I actually banged my head off a wall for that statement before quickly and quite sternly closing the tab.

It gets even worse Cosworth. :unsure:

Did actually anyone notice this? o_O

http://www.scvresources.com/highways/142_carbon_cyn_sign.jpg

OMG, looks like we may have a downhill drift game. We will see.

Say, if the S2000 is really in the game, maybe theyll get rid of ugly roof scoops, those really annoy me. Also a good thing cause i missed using it from UG1 (provided they dont use one with the convertible roof)

I'm liking the idea of Carbon Canyon, especially since that is a clue that the EA insiders are giving out. Carbon Canyon is a pretty wealthy area (exotics!), with many twisty roads.

Carbon:

Car-Bon

Car (automobile) - Bon (autobahn?)

The unknown car 1 (Turbo one That u might think its riced) that appears at the beggining of the trailer might be one of the most powerful and most exotic car that has been produced...

**EDIT**

I removed your 195 character url, use this instead:

http://tinyurl.com/nrykn

**TechZ**

I kept seeing Nissan Silvia when I saw that first car. S13 maybe?

Since the first time I saw it, I always think it is a Ford Thunderbird

:bangin:

It's called Carbon because most of this cars' parts are made of carbon fiber.

i wonder if they'll do something special in this one because it will be the 10th game in the NFS series.

It's called Carbon because "carbon" sounds like carbon fiber, and carbon fiber is XTREEME!!!11! TO DA MAX!!1!lol!!!1 If they had named it "NFS: Argon" or "NFS: Darmstadtium", it wouldn't have been as extreme.

There's going to be lots of rap music, loads of flashing lights, tons of product placement ("HUNGER DOESN'T HAVE A CURFEW! EAT AT BURGER KING, MOTHERFUCKAHS!!!1"), and I'll finally be able to live the dream of putting a massive drooping wing that's a foot too narrow on top of my Lamborghini that I plow into oncoming traffic mercilessly. They should have seen the neonz! Either way, I'm looking forward to this, hopefully. Yes.

EA gave some information in an interview for Official Playstation 2 Magazine.

The graphics will be improved slightly, the game will be a combination of Underground and Most Wanted. It has the customize options of Underground and the police from Most Wanted.

There will be lots of cars in it, between 50 and 100. Including Concepts and Prototypes. Also Porsche will return.

Next to the cars you also have the ability to make your own team, every character, including rivals have their unique skills and talents divided into three sub-categories: Tuning, Muscle and Exotic. So you now have the ability to specialize your team in one thing.

The guard-rails can be damaged, most of the locations will take place in canyons.

I wrote that in case you are wondering. ;)

Bundesautobahn said:
The graphics will be improved slightly, the game will be a combination of Underground and Most Wanted. It has the customize options of Underground and the police from Most Wanted.

erm....With the customisation of Underground and the Police of Most Wanted, won't that be like....Most Wanted?
:?

Peroduarocks said:
Bundesautobahn said:

erm....With the customisation of Underground and the Police of Most Wanted, won't that be like....Most Wanted?

Not entirely, Most Wanted had way less customizing options. Like Side Skirts, Lights, Doors.

Bundesautobahn said:
Peroduarocks said:
Bundesautobahn said:

Not entirely, Most Wanted had way less customizing options. Like Side Skirts, Lights, Doors.

True. Most wanted way less crap to put on the car.
What do you mean by "Porsche will return"? We already had Porsches in Most Wanted. Thanks for the info! :thumbsup:

Hmm, this game actually sounds quite good. I LOVED MW, but wished it had even most customization. :D

I hope that Clio Sport V6 will be in it. it was way too much fun to drive in MW, and IMO, with bodykit it was the best looking car in that game.

Elise better still be in it. I could kick the ass of any car with the Elise in MW.

Redliner said:
Bundesautobahn said:
Peroduarocks said:
Bundesautobahn said:

True. Most wanted way less crap to put on the car.
What do you mean by "Porsche will return"? We already had Porsches in Most Wanted. Thanks for the info! :thumbsup:

Thanks. :)

About the Porsches, i asked around on a other forum and they made the following comments, it still is a bit vague though...

I think it means that there will be a good number of Porsches.

and

Well, its bugging me as well. Its either EA did it by accident, or EA is about to plain screw up... or the info is plain bogus rumors spread around. Either way, there's got to be a logical explanation for whats happening.

I've been keeping this to the end. Remember Porsche Unleashed? Maybe they mean THAT kind of range of Porsche vehicles with just 20 more tuners/exotics. Honestly, the game would suck then. We won't know until more info comes out.

and

Well, sometimes when something makes absolutely no sense, I automatically assume its rumors (of course unless it is confirmed). That is the easy way out of situations like that. This is exactly like the "more Porsches since 2000" controversy going on in another topic, something that does not make any sense as Most Wanted already had a fair enough amount of Porsches.

Whatever site it is, it might just be seeking more traffic, by creating something up about a game we are completely clueless about its content.

... :?

The newest issue of Game Informer magazine has a cover story that reveals more about Need For Speed: Carbon. Need for Speed Carbon - apparently so called due of its relationship with "Carbon Canyon" in California, where racers often meet up to drive around very fast and probably "race for pinks" and the like - is due out on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii, PS2, Xbox and PSP this winter (no word yet on a PC release).

This game will be more about racing against others than last year's cops and drivers epic Most Wanted 2, according to the article. The game will also feature team racing with you and AI buddies in a car racing club as you try to not only win races but also win territory in the game's fictional city though winning races. Finally Game Informer suggests that Carbon will offer between 50 and 100 different vehicles, including those from Porsche

LINK