Cars ... movie

mmap said:
Evo7 said:
The English version gets Jeremy Clarkson according to The Sun :thumbsup:

And a wee german fella currenlty living in Switzerland... not so famous for acting as he is for driving around in a red car.

I take it you are talking about Schumacher. He is in the US version as well.

Well at least the version that I....acquired. :roll: Which I'm guessing is the US version as Clarkson is not the voice of Harv.

Roman said:
Redliner said:
Oh, and I hate ANYTHING dubbed with a passion.
Ditto on that.
The only thing is a cartoon isn't accurate to lip movements anyway so dubbing won't really be noticeable.

mgkdk said:
WTF, I just looked at the 2 cinemas closest to me and it doesn't get here till september first :( and it's dubbed, I hate dubbed movies, even if it is cartoons, they could atleast have both versions :cry:

We get it in Spain on the 7th of July. It will be dubbed (100% of films here are dubbed), but I'll definitely go watch it. One question for those who have seen it already: Could it be that Pixar has done the best car-themed movie ever?

The only thing is a cartoon isn't accurate to lip movements anyway so dubbing won't really be noticeable.

This one for the most part is. but slighly easier to get away with in this movie than FF advent children perhaps.

Guido is my hero

Janus said:
mmap said:
Evo7 said:
The English version gets Jeremy Clarkson according to The Sun :thumbsup:

And a wee german fella currenlty living in Switzerland... not so famous for acting as he is for driving around in a red car.

I take it you are talking about Schumacher. He is in the US version as well.

Well at least the version that I....acquired. :roll: Which I'm guessing is the US version as Clarkson is not the voice of Harv.

It took me a while to figure mmap was talking about Schumacher :blush:

WOW! Cars was amazing! Guido FTW! But as great as Cars was, it couldn't possibly beat the One Man Band! That was worth the $10 admission on it's own.

Koenig said:
But as great as Cars was, it couldn't possibly beat the One Man Band! That was worth the $10 admission on it's own.

Yeah I thought that was great. Very clever and funny.

And now dreamworks is probably going to make a movie called "vehicles" which will be hilarious but as a movie it'll suck.

Guido and Luigi are by far the best characters in the movie, PITSTOP! But the miata twins are quite good too. They did a great job casting voice actors for this, like Richard Petty and Darrell Waltrip. It definitely makes it sound the part.

Richard Petty was probably my favorite voice in the whole movie. and Tex. And luigi and Guido and that one old nascar car commentator..car

EDIT did anyone else find it ironic that the Fiat 500(luigi) was obsessed with Ferraris(since Fiat OWNS Ferrari)

BlaRo said:
*clicks the link and finds another to the NY Times review of "Cars"*
An animated fable about happy cars might have made sense before gas hit three bucks a gallon, but even an earlier sticker date couldn't shake the story's underlying creepiness, which comes down to the fact that there's nothing alive here: nada, zip.
WTF.gif

That reporter is definitely NOT a gearhead.

Jacobfox said:
Guido and Luigi are by far the best characters in the movie, PITSTOP! But the miata twins are quite good too. They did a great job casting voice actors for this, like Richard Petty and Darrell Waltrip. It definitely makes it sound the part.

Did you notice that Doc Hudson was voiced by Paul Newman, who is a racing driver?

Paul Newman Trivia from IMDB:

Says the sound he loves most is that of a V-8 engine.
Lives in Connecticut; has been known to race at The Lime Rock Road Circuit.
Owns half of the Champ Car (auto racing) team Newman-Haas.
Finished 2nd in the 1979 Le Mans 24hr race in a Porsche 935.
Robert Redford on Newman: "He has the attention span of a bolt of lightning."

I can't help but post one of his quotes:
"If you're playing a poker game and you look around the table and can't tell who the sucker is, it's you."

I just watched this movie yesterday, it was great :D but I couldn't help noticing it was alot like Doc Hollywood (I had read it was like it but I didn't think it was that much)
I just loved it :thumbsup:

mgkdk said:
I just watched this movie yesterday, it was great :D but I couldn't help noticing it was alot like Doc Hollywood (I had read it was like it but I didn't think it was that much)
I just loved it :thumbsup:

Yes, similar storyline....if Michael J. Fox was a talking race car. :lol:

I know what you mean and I thought the same thing (they even talk about it on the various IMDB pages for the movies), but this is a quite common storyline for movies.

Jerk does something that makes him wind up in small community, jerk hates community, jerk falls in love with girl and community, jerk realises the error of his ways, we all learn a valuable lesson.

Here is another example that I thought of off the top of my head.

Here On Earth

I "aquired" this film and thought it was great. Can't wait for the British version with Clarkson in it.

^^ same here, much better than I expected. PITSTOP! that was awesome!!!

it gave me goosebumps and if I was a girl id be in tears :lol: