D1GP Drifting Championship Silverstone (big 56k No-no)

ArosaMike

Resident Kart Racer
Car(s)
Mk5 VW Golf GTI, Aston Martin Vantage GT4 Race Car
Thought I'd go along to the D1GP Drift at Silverstone today and had a fantastic day. First proper time with my telephoto at a circuit too, although sadly I couldn't get to some the places I'd have loved to have been in (inside the final corner where you can get some awesome panning shots). Even so, I managed to get some pretty pleasing shots. Took a few with my new portrait lense too ;)

So...less talk, more pictures :D

D1GP001.jpg

D1GP002.jpg

D1GP003.jpg

D1GP004.jpg

D1GP005.jpg

D1GP006.jpg

D1GP007.jpg

D1GP008.jpg

D1GP009.jpg

D1GP010.jpg

D1GP011.jpg

D1GP012.jpg

D1GP013.jpg

D1GP014.jpg

D1GP015.jpg

D1GP016.jpg

D1GP017.jpg

D1GP018.jpg

D1GPP001.jpg

D1GPP002.jpg

D1GPP003.jpg

D1GPP004.jpg

D1GPP005.jpg

D1GPP006.jpg

D1GPP007.jpg

Love the photos ArosaMike.

What sort of a crowd did the event pull? Are people recognising drifting as a legit motorsport??

I can see what you mean about the skewed angle :p Don't particuarly know why I was in a slanty mood :p Not all the pictures are like that though. Half the problem is, that I haven't had enough time to edit them all yet! Here's a cool pan I just did ;)

LongDrift.jpg

It's a shame there was so much smoke around from the previous car :(

I didn't mean to knock the work as your pics are better than what I can do. That last pan shot is truely awesome.

No,no....really your criticism is welcome. I'd rather know truely what people think than have them just blindly say 'great'. I can totally see what you meant about the angle, and I agree :)

rootrider said:
you've never heard of D1? hmm..
yes, it's organized as a legit sport :)

Yes, I have heard of D1.
Yes, I know it's a legit sport.

However, being a legit sport doesn't mean it's gonna pull massive crowds, especially in a country more known for touring cars than drifting.

So, are people recognising drifting as a proper form of motorsport?

Nice pictures, agree with the tilting, it's maybe a little too much ;)