Top Gear Show/Site Suggestions

I had this idea a few days ago:

The next big 4WD car you have, bring it over to North Carolina (USA), and take it down NC12. It's a road down the Outer Banks, Beach on one side, sound on the other. There is some great scenes, and there are tons of miles of national seashore beach you can drive on - and some of it would be a good challenge to any 4WD car, Cape Hatteras area in particular. A few friends and I are planning a bike trip down this road - it's about 115 miles from the Virginia boarder to Ocracoke - which is a great little village - no bridges to it, only accessable by ferry, private boat, or plane.

Oh yeah, and if you do come - call me so I can come watch!!!

They could go to some less known track and do atest, or a show there. I recomend Grobnik, Croatia :mrgreen:

grobnik_pista_mala.jpg

1062534279336_b_grobni.jpg

or maybe not such a good idea, becouse the infrastructure is not all that great. Damn politics, we could have had an F1 race :cry:

It did host the Motorcycle WC in the 80's I think.

[sinz said:
]Test the Saleen S7 TT and the SSC Aero.
The Saleen does not leave the USA so how can they get one, also why would they want one. and the SSC Aero is just :yucky:

BTW :welcome:

STi Nut said:
[sinz said:
]Test the Saleen S7 TT and the SSC Aero.
The Saleen does not leave the USA so how can they get one, also why would they want one. and the SSC Aero is just :yucky:

While the car may never be sold in the UK TG still reviews cars that will never even be sold anywhere as we've recently seen with the ProDrive P2. The basis is that the product of the engineering behind it is reason enough to show it to viewers who will undoubtedly be interested. The claims made by Saleen and SSC about their respective cars, if true, should put those cars in the same type of category. I think if a show and magazine as popular as TG wanted to get their hands on a Saleen (I've read that Clarkson has already driven an S7) for a segment I don't think it would be all that much trouble for them. When clarkson tested the Ford GT he went to Detroit and again to Laguna Seca in California to attempt his NSX/PS2 challenge so it's not as if traveling is out of the question. Most people who watch the show will never be able to afford half the cars they show anyway. It's all about the chance to see them put to the test in TG's unique style whether the cars turn out to be rubbish or not.

Besides, can you really have enough supercar segments? :p

STi Nut said:
ty :)

Just had a great idea.

Test driving eachothers personal cars!

Hammond playing with Mays perfectly aligned air vents.
May bitching about Clarksons skip.
Clarkson taking Hammonds freshly washed "yougurt commerical" off road so he has to wash it again.

EDIT: typos

I can imagine it now!

May in the Jeremy's XC90
Hammond in May's Boxster
Clarkson in Hammonds Morgan

:)

Great idea!

i know this isn't a thread for show suggestions, but rather a webmaster asking for suggestions on the website. however, i can't help myself.

i would love to see more american cars in the show. the world thinks the corvette, viper, and ford gt are our only modern speed machines. that's sooooo far out of whack! there are all kinds of mid-major players in the usa who could compete with the best the world has to offer, and at much cheaper prices.

for one, i can't believe the SALEEN S7 (they've got twin turbos now too) hasn't been on the show yet. that is absolutely mindboggling to me! i know that the manufacturers play a role in what cars are presented on top gear as much as the show. however, steve saleen (founder) has said numerous times that he would put his cars up against anyone. i hate that the saleen uses a ford powerplant, but that car is phenomenal!

here are some other american muscle that should definitely be in the show:
shelby cobra
shelby series 1
panoz esperante (4 trims, i think)
panoz aiv roadster
MOSLER MT900S (street), MT900S Photon (in-between), MT900R (not road legal) - this car especially needs to be put in the show. the street version could compete, if not beat, the carrera gt, enzo, zonda, mc12, and ccx on the power lap and it only costs $195k (us). the best thing about this car is that it is chevy-powered :thumbsup:, not ford-powered like saleens. mosler also markets this car as the first to be "100% designed in cyberspace". every facet of the conceptualization, design, and development was done on computers. the idea wasn't ever even doodled out on a note pad.

032920061601025824.jpg

032920061601033328.jpg

032920061601046642.jpg

032920061601037536.jpg

032920061601050799.jpg

032920061601046707.jpg

032920061601066361.jpg

http://www.caranddriver.com/roadtests/10768/road-test-review-2006-mosler-mt900s.html

those cars would shut jeremy up in regards to what he normally has to say about american cars.

Jamesd said:
I can imagine it now!

May in the Jeremy's XC90
Hammond in May's Boxster
Clarkson in Hammonds Morgan

:)

Great idea!
Hehe, the last one you mentioned there has actually happened. Episode 7, Season 3. It's great! :mrgreen:

i don't know about the uk, specifically, but all the cars i've listed are sold in europe. and considering that a) each are built to order, so it's not the same as a major manfucaturer making a business decision to exclude sales in certain markets; b) us standards are more strict than british standards, i think it would be safe to assume the cars are available in the uk.

on top of that, top gear has reviewed cars explicitly not evailable in england.

Please give us a song listing. I don't think there would be any legal issues, but there are still a few songs that are unknown.

I know it is probably shockingly expensive, but the Veyron race from Italy to London was better than many movies, I would love to see more stuff like that.

Also, stuff like making the boat cars and the like is great.

Keep it funny and fun to watch and the show will go forever!

Everyone loves the 'race' episodes where viewers are whisked off to new and exotic destinations. Well, there's an easy way to do just that: have James, Jeremy and Richard enter the Gumball 3000 Rally.

I'm sure having three television presenters spending days at a time in one car would provide enough enterainment in itself, but there's also the potential to thoroughly test the car being used. It seems like quite a punishing test for car and driver.

Again, send them off to the Gumball 3000 Rally! I think that would be a fantastic episode!

As international travel doesn't seem out of the question for the team (judging by Clarkson's recent trip to good 'ol USofA) how about a trip to the colonies? The team could head down to Australia and show the rest of the world some of the car's that we get exclusively here (Like the Ford Territory Turbo, HSV's offerings or Elfins range of cars).

I know we don't have the most sophisticated car industry but most of the RWD cars we make are bloody fun to drive.