Official World Cup 2006 Thread?

And I thought they lost on penalties. :p

As flawless and stunning as the passing and precision of the Argentinian team might have looked, one had to note that it didn't result in a lot of chances for them. They dominated the middle field sure, but of what use is that if you can't get the ball in? Argentina looked like the better team for a good 70 minutes but at the end they found no way to penetrate the German defense.

I would call it a pretty even match with the aesthetics going to the Argies. But aesthetics alone won't get you the WC if your name isn't Brazil.

lol...Of course there are other things to look at. What I was trying to say is that Argentina starting making subs a little too late, and when they did make some subs...they were the wrong ones (except the goalie, no choice there). I think that contributed to them losing their lead.

apparently the english fans are world champions when it comes to drinking... (Source gq.com)

DRINKING GERMANY DRY: England's army of football fans is drinking Germany dry during the World Cup. Breweries have issued warnings that beer could run out before the final next week because of the huge amount that is being consumed by supporters. In Nuremberg, organisers revealed that 70,000 England fans who flooded the city drank 1,2 million pints of beer - an average of 17 pints each. City official Peter Murrmann said: "The English proved themselves world champs. They practically drank us dry." A brewery spokesman agreed: "It is incredible how much is being drunk but the hardest thing for the breweries is keeping up with the thirst of the English."

I think the Argentinians are now causing them to run out of tissues. :lol:

And the Italians are causing them to run out of drama instructors. :lol:

Well done to Germany, superb saves from Lehman, i can see them getting a place in the finals or in 3rd place

mautzel said:
Scene practically ouside my house an hour ago:

http://img267.imageshack.**/img267/3814/joy0mc.jpg

And I'm living in a suburb, not downtown - I've never ever seen something remotely similar before, atmosphere is just incredible at the moment, people celebrating on the streets everywhere!

Auf geht's Deutschland!
eieiei, da m?sse sich die sosseheimer aber noch en bissi mehr anstrenge. :D

ich war eben in hofheim, das war die h?lle...eine kreuzung im zentrum komplett dicht, deshalb stau in der ganzen stadt, tausende auf den stra?en. der absolute wahnsinn.
g16.gif

beim achtelfinale in bad soden das selbe...

anyway, the game was absolutely mindboggling. i have a bloddy sore throat thanks to 120+ minutes of excitement. thank god for herr lehmann...we're as good as in the final. the italians don't stand the slightest of chance...we've fucking beaten one of the very best teams of this years cup!

FINALE, OHOHO, FINALE, OHOHO!
g16.gif

I have to work tomorrow but I'm recording the two games. Is anybody able to watch them live?

ryosuke said:
mautzel said:
And I'm living in a suburb, not downtown - I've never ever seen something remotely similar before, atmosphere is just incredible at the moment, people celebrating on the streets everywhere!

Auf geht's Deutschland!
eieiei, da m?sse sich die sosseheimer aber noch en bissi mehr anstrenge. :D

ich war eben in hofheim, das war die h?lle...eine kreuzung im zentrum komplett dicht, deshalb stau in der ganzen stadt, tausende auf den stra?en. der absolute wahnsinn.
g16.gif

beim achtelfinale in bad soden das selbe...

Mal sehen, wie's Dienstag so zugeht :)

cvg said:
I have to work tomorrow but I'm recording the two games. Is anybody able to watch them live?

Only everybody.

I am soo rooting for England!!! :thumbsup:

I finally put a flag on my car:

http://img443.imageshack.**/img443/5066/unbenannt4bv.jpg

:)

The reason they're doing the anti-racism message is because last time the Portugese crowd was making monkey noises at the black players.

The real battle is the battle of the pretty boys....

Beckham vs C. Ronaldo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beckham5.jpg

3856504331.jpg