VW removes the driver from the equation

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
See signature
that would be perfect getaway machine. I think I'll have one applied into Golf R32, please. :lol:

I want a video of that.

Think of the benefits just to the testing process of a car. They can leave a dozen test cars running on a track 24/7 and just check what breaks first every so often :p

It's too bad that people will be wanting the "Self-driving Golf" and only be able to find a "Self-driving Rabbit".. We don't want a Rabbit! We want a golf!

Yet another buisness idea which my future car company can not use. Think, think!

I want to see tha politician/lawyer who will allow this kind of car on the road with other people. I would work if every car was a robot but even one car driven by a idiot will steer the whole traffic system to a halt cause the computer can not calculate what it will do next and therefore it isnt safe enough to drive

Handy for going to the pub, you drive there and the car drives back and everyones happy

GraemeH said:
I want a video of that.
I second that!

Oh, and I noticed this:

Blind_Io said:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=393401&in_page_id=1770
The Daily Mail said:
The remarkable car is the VW Golf GTi '53 plus 1' codenamed after the number '53' which Herbie carried when racing in his big screen adventures.

The GTi has electronic 'eyes'...
Now that Dr. Woo is back, he's gonna be pissed! :lol:

So freakin' cool! :thumbsup:

oliB said:
Blind_Io said:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=393401&in_page_id=1770
The Daily Mail said:
The remarkable car is the VW Golf GTi '53 plus 1' codenamed after the number '53' which Herbie carried when racing in his big screen adventures.

The GTi has electronic 'eyes'...
Now that Dr. Woo is back, he's gonna be pissed! :lol:
^ :lol:

Didn't even know he was back until I just checked his profile ;)

jayjaya29 said:
Pretty cool, but I'd rather drive myself.
Agreed, yeah, we all car enthusiasts so we'll prefer drive ourselves!

:bangin:
Where's the fun in that?
Unless, of course, you have your own racetrack, so you can fill it with "selfdriving" Golfs and drive one yourself...Gran Turismo in real life anyone? :wicked:

so the "Drivers Wanted" slogan is now moot?

Yeah. Who needs a driver, anyway? Have the car drive to work while I sit at home in my bathrobe sipping mojitos. Then at 5:00, the car can drive itself home, cut off some pensioners on its own and tailgate semi trucks while slamming on the brakes every 5 minutes and changing lanes erratically during rush hour traffic while I sit on my loveseat and watch reruns of Family Matters. Urkel is awesome!

Though vRS is right, it would be extremely handy for those looking to go drinking.

MasterEvilAce said:
It's too bad that people will be wanting the "Self-driving Golf" and only be able to find a "Self-driving Rabbit".. We don't want a Rabbit! We want a golf!

then change the nameplate on the back. the rabbit and the golf are the same car.

You guys are missing the point. People who enjoy driving would never buy one of these cars. However people who incessantly crash probably will. Which means the roads will be safer for all of it.