Lens Flair

llpc60 said:
you people are going insane

:lol: Thanks llpc60, for clearing that up. I have been having some trouble getting objects lined up perfectly since I got the DSLR, but apparently that's not one of them. I'm getting better at it though.

rootrider said:
if yours was taken from Vancouver then that's Mt. Baker.. the northern most large mountain in Washington's Cascade's. The mountain in my photo is Mt. Rainier.

Yep, mine was of Baker, didn't realise your was Ranier. My bad.

Here's one for today, I already posted this in a different thread, but I don't know if most people saw it, so here goes.
IMG_1561.jpg

well.. we can't see Mt. Baker from Tacoma ;)

here's another from the same trip, though on a slightly smaller scale :)
DSC_4739.jpg

Josty is back! Stick around man :thumbsup:

And why do I lose the email notifications for new posts all of a sudden every few days?

Edit: Not to self: Do not repost images :bangin:

v0od0o, didn't you post that one a few pages back?
I'm guessing you're burning the DVD - properly...? :)

And Hi Guys! Finally got time to get back on here! Caught up on the 8 pages of photos I missed, nice work everyone!

Well, since I was last here, I've managed to attend a Hill climb event a few weekends back and the DTM race at Brands Hatch yesterday. The DTM was pretty good, the supporting races better! Very hot day too...
Anyway, I'm not gonna have much time now either (very busy at the moment) but will try to post some images up. Here's the first; a stunt biker called Carmichael (can't remember his first name - doh!). Damned fences in the way - need to see if I can get a press pass, even though I'm not press or a photographer! :)

Oh yeah, new car but no good photos of it yet... :(

(Oh and before anyone comments, yes... the dust and dirt is still there. :( But I think it's lens now as well as sensor! :? )

lol did I? I thought I checked and couldn't find it...
hehehe I'm at work and don't have my laptop with my photos on it so I just posted whatever I found already uploaded on imageshack.

Edit: I'm stupid, I did post it before.

And what's the car?! Congrats!

v0od0o said:
And what's the car?! Congrats!

I know it probably doesn't belong in the Technology thread ( :p ) but it is kinda a new toy, so:

See here

(Will put it in the 'what's your car?' category when I have time, and a better photo!)

An off at the track day with the Toronto Subaru Club yesturday at Fabi track at Shannonville.

Jostyrostelli said:
Overheat said:
seems very pixellated too - not sure if that's the camera or just the quality you saved the file at (or perhaps just my eyes). I guess my main criticism is that it lacks vividity, perhaps it's simply the subject that's a little too lifeless or could be camera settings.

Anyway, welcome back to fg ;) Post some more photos, the guys in this thread are amazing at getting one pointed in the right direction and you'll be producing mind-blowing photos within a few weeks, fingers crossed :)

Thanks alot FBC, Mancs and Overheat!

You're right, I'm just an amateur and I'm constantly looking for interesting shots and I find them but they seem to lack something every time.

And yeah it's pixelate because I resized the image and I think the quality went down with that. But maybe it's Imageshack who resizes as well.

I haven't taken that much shots that I think are good enough to show but here's what I shot this morning with a diafragma of F8, something like that. Liked the effect.

http://img396.imageshack.**/img396/5606/final0wb.jpg[img][/quote]

Definitely better - My main criticism would have to be that there's a little too much foreground. It's nice that the picture is quite clearly split up into foreground, focal point and background though and the focal point is quite sharp, though the subject is perhaps lacking somewhat. Not sure if I really have the credentials to criticise your work mind, it's been a while since I've actually posted in my own thread and my work has been lacking somewhat compared with the community.

http://img80.imageshack.**/img80/6461/vfts4ev.th.jpg

reminds me of this lotus modified Lada they made on Top Gear once ^

Just my floor lamp:

IMG_0277_resize.JPG

Overheat said:
Jostyrostelli said:
Overheat said:
seems very pixellated too - not sure if that's the camera or just the quality you saved the file at (or perhaps just my eyes). I guess my main criticism is that it lacks vividity, perhaps it's simply the subject that's a little too lifeless or could be camera settings.

Anyway, welcome back to fg ;) Post some more photos, the guys in this thread are amazing at getting one pointed in the right direction and you'll be producing mind-blowing photos within a few weeks, fingers crossed :)

Thanks alot FBC, Mancs and Overheat!

You're right, I'm just an amateur and I'm constantly looking for interesting shots and I find them but they seem to lack something every time.

And yeah it's pixelate because I resized the image and I think the quality went down with that. But maybe it's Imageshack who resizes as well.

I haven't taken that much shots that I think are good enough to show but here's what I shot this morning with a diafragma of F8, something like that. Liked the effect.

http://img396.imageshack.**/img396/5606/final0wb.jpg[img][/quote]

Definitely better - My main criticism would have to be that there's a little too much foreground. It's nice that the picture is quite clearly split up into foreground, focal point and background though and the focal point is quite sharp, though the subject is perhaps lacking somewhat. Not sure if I really have the credentials to criticise your work mind, it's been a while since I've actually posted in my own thread and my work has been lacking somewhat compared with the community.[/quote]

I know what you mean, that's exaclty what I was thinking, I wanted there to be a rose or a nice tullip in the focal point to have just one main subject.

My dog yesterday. The full picture is quite nice and sharp, can't see it on this one really.

[img]http://img136.imageshack.**/img136/6844/finalgear17hp.jpg

He probably needed to stand up for this photo :)

More optical mediia abuse
IMG_0196_r.jpg

Jost

I <3 your dog. :lol:

Captured this yesterday. Thought it was quite atmospheric :p Still loving my Portrait lense! Really suits my style I think ;)

http://img144.imageshack.**/img144/53/bowling3jm.jpg