Official "I Got My GT4" Thread!

I need to wait like one more year!!!!! :censored: hahahah or get a 2cond JOB!

Playing this game with the Driving Force Pro and playing it with the PS2 controller is like night and day. Have to go back to basics now.

anyone else got this in their email/been able to sign up for it? an online version of gt4 is being beta tested now! :shock: i got this invite at about 7pm, tried signing up for iit by 10pm..and what'd you know? registration was already closed!!

http://img142.imageshack.**/img142/3128/gt4online8zw.th.jpg

POWERRR!! said:
anyone else got this in their email/been able to sign up for it? an online version of gt4 is being beta tested now! :shock:
Thats awesome but I dought it'll stray LFS loyalists from their game...

Hey! I just saw this thread and wanted to add that if you need to know anything about the Gran Turismo series, I'm your man! I've been playing it from the beginning (GT1), and I've played every single part to death. :burnrubber:

Regards
the Interceptor

POWERRR!! said:
anyone else got this in their email/been able to sign up for it? an online version of gt4 is being beta tested now! :shock: i got this invite at about 7pm, tried signing up for iit by 10pm..and what'd you know? registration was already closed!!

http://img142.imageshack.**/img142/3128/gt4online8zw.th.jpg

DAMN! One year + one day bump has got to be a record of some kind ...

haz

btw, has any of you tried/joined the 300mph club? yeah, it's unrealistic, but fun as hell. my slowest car in the club is 300ZX, and fastest is 3kGT, or GTO as brits and japanese would call it. fastest cars are race cars, naturally, topping out almost 370mph.

oh, and if you feel bored, ask about a challenge and i'll invent something.. or then you could go to GTplanet and check out thread called 200 A-spec pt club. :)

Leonidae said:
btw, has any of you tried/joined the 300mph club? yeah, it's unrealistic, but fun as hell. my slowest car in the club is 300ZX, and fastest is 3kGT, or GTO as brits and japanese would call it. fastest cars are race cars, naturally, topping out almost 370mph.

oh, and if you feel bored, ask about a challenge and i'll invent something.. or then you could go to GTplanet and check out thread called 200 A-spec pt club. :)

Ive reached 300mph in a Frd Gt and 250mph in a M5, really cool

vRS said:
Leonidae said:

Ive reached 300mph in a Frd Gt and 250mph in a M5, really cool
the only way to reach over 300mph in those LMPs is to make them do wheelies. you cant do em like you could in GT3, but you can easily take the Toyota GT-one up to 340mph by doing a mini wheelie.

in a matter of fact, none of them are doing wheelies, since it's the rule that all four wheels has to be on ground. and it's been done with LMP's GT-cars and even some roadcars. for example, I was first one at GTPlanet to push Skyline GT-R beyond 300mph. now the record for GT-R is around 315 mph. top speed record is held by Toyota GT-one, 368mph if i recall right.

Leonidae said:
in a matter of fact, none of them are doing wheelies, since it's the rule that all four wheels has to be on ground. and it's been done with LMP's GT-cars and even some roadcars. for example, I was first one at GTPlanet to push Skyline GT-R beyond 300mph. now the record for GT-R is around 315 mph. top speed record is held by Toyota GT-one, 368mph if i recall right.
...how? i can stray past 300 in my Sauber C9, if i really really really push it i might get 305.

it needs quite much fiddling with suspension and downforce, but it's been done. speeds over 350mph are proved by video, otherwise, picture from session result screen is enough. I prefer streetcars myself, because Racecars are too unstable for my liking at high speeds, and the nose is more easy to keep down.

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=69076 this is the actual thread

http://www.freewebs.com/samssupercarsconcept/GT4/300mph.htm and this is the leaderboard.

there's quite a bunch of settings scattered on the pages. most of them work well, some have room for improvement. I could give you few clues too about the suspension. PM me if you're interested.