I need a new phone

^ Now there is some good advice... I have never heard of that M600 though...

Buba said:
3220 is sooooooooo entry level... After she had a P900 this is probably far from the list... Anyway, what have you bought mgkdk??

Sure it is entry level! I got one! :lol:
I just mentioned it because I am having a good experience with it and because of what she said:
mgkdk said:
I would like it to have a camera and the usual stuff but I don't need anything fancy like the one I have now.
And it doesn't matter if it can double as an mp3 player, I have one of those already and don't want to pay more for something I'm not going to use.

Anyway, I just envy you people. Technology takes ages and costs truckloads around here.

Just today I got a new 6280 to replace my W800i that died in the arse. I thought the shift up to 3G would be worth it. So far, it is. I love this phone, the camera is still 2.0 MegaPixel but it's better quality than the W800i, less grainy. the slidy thing is cool, but at the moment, it's novel, i'll have to see if it wears off. The music player integration is excellent, it's not really a music phone, but it does do music very well. Recommended!!

For a look at photo quality, go here

phone_modes_noflash.jpg

did you get it from three flying fridge?,

and Redliner, technology will cost truckloads where ever you go, but obviously in certain countries, a new N80 will cost about 2/3 of a Junior Managers salary. (e.g. Malaysia)

^^ nah, Optus

andyhui01 said:
and Redliner, technology will cost truckloads where ever you go, but obviously in certain countries, a new N80 will cost about 2/3 of a Junior Managers salary. (e.g. Malaysia)

That is true. To put things in perspective: Here a new N80 costs over $2.000. Average pay: $500.

mgkdk... just a heads up, went to test the K800i today at the store. It is an awesome phone, the response is very fast, no lag at all ( But don't trust me that much on this, I've been using Motorola for the past 6 months and boy do they lag), build quality is awesome, I believe its slightly smaller than the P900. The camera on the phone, lets just say we can officially take out the word phone and just leave it as the Camera. Menu hasn't changed much so easy to use. My verdict, 99.5% chance this would be my next phone, unless the M600i blows me away :D

M600i doesn't have camera and all that... Won't even bother to look at it, too much business...
I checked the 820 Samsungs that Cruzz posted earlier... Very kickass... Only 1.3 MP. but that's ok, as most people won't use it. Pretty thin and awesome display... I'd have a look for those...

Buba said:
M600i doesn't have camera and all that... Won't even bother to look at it, too much business...
I checked the 820 Samsungs that Cruzz posted earlier... Very kickass... Only 1.3 MP. but that's ok, as most people won't use it. Pretty thin and awesome display... I'd have a look for those...

I agree with you, but my current Motorola V3x has a 2MP camera and I've taken about 20shots with it since I got the phone in feb.

Yeah, the Chocolate is pimpin, there's a CDMA version here in the states, that got picked up by Verizon.

MixtriX said:
i just found the coolest phone ever. the lg k800 chocolate. the buttons are so cool - they are touch sensitive

yup... thats a nice phone, its kinda trying to be the RAZR of 2 years ago, but I doubt it will sell much. Plus touch sensitive buttons haven't been very good in my books :lol:

I got a Nokia N70 a few months ago; I waited for the price to drop, and for about $500CDN (I guess that's around $400US) I think it's priced about right for such a powerful phone.

P.S. I think the phone should be cheaper now, since it's been around for a year now

Anyone got opinions on Sony Ericsson's W800i? I am thinking about buying an expensive cellphone to double as an MP3 player, and I liked it...Today I looked at the Nokia 3250 also.

If you are under a budget, consider the 750s as well, since they are the same phones, but only with a different design and included mem stick... The W810i is the first to be really improved with a better display, although its the same resolution...
If 512 MB are enough, there is a W700 coming out, that's basically a 800 but only with 512MB stick instead of 1024...

And almost 2 months later.....

I just ordered the K800i :D they finally got it at the company I have my number so I could get it cheaper :thumbsup: I only have to spend a fixed amount of money the next 6 months.
So 4-5 days I have a new phone :banana:

mgkdk said:
And almost 2 months later.....

I just ordered the K800i :D they finally got it at the company I have my number so I could get it cheaper :thumbsup: I only have to spend a fixed amount of money the next 6 months.
So 4-5 days I have a new phone :banana:

I was really close to buying the K800i, but then I found out about the Nokia N73 so I'm waiting for that :D

Congratulations!
Enjoy your new toy. :)

Lots of friends of mine just got it or are in the process of buying it... Dunno, I'm still angry at SE for changing the memstick format! :evil:
I guess, I could have a replacement for my one year old 750i in a month or so...