Montoya to go to NASCAR, with Ganassi

Aka said:
fbc, didn't you just confirm what matt shaw said?

what was your argument?

No, I was showing why I don't rate Ralf and why he's over-rated by Toyota. Also a handy demonstration of why Ralf should be out of F1 and Montoya deserves a place.

As a judge of your performance, beating your team mate is much more important than your finishing position in the championship as it removes the car & team from the equation. You can't just say 'well he's been in the Top 10 so that makes him a good driver' if he's being beaten by his team mates. Excluding Trulli, he's only beaten inexperienced team-mates.

I've already mentioned that he's overpaid and everything. I just want to people realize that Ralph is a talented driver, and truly does deserve to be in F1. Being a top 10 driver in a sport like F1 is a pretty great feat if you ask me.

^ I'm not saying he's not talented - hell he can drive an F1 car quickly, that in itself is an impressive feat. But I don't think he's shown enough form recently to justify his place.

And again - you can't say that just because he's finished in the Top 10 that he's therefore done a good job - you have to compare that performance against his team-mate.

Anyway, back on-topic, that hot-headed Columbian chappie...

Holy moly! Now that is surprising.

Pedro must be pleased as hell though. Getting a chance to prove himself like that.

:shock:

Didn't see that coming. Pretty clear now that JPM is deeply unhappy in F1 - I think it's terrific that he's putting his family and happiness ahead of being in F1.

Longer report.

I know half of you are probably going to hate me for this post...

It'll be interesting to see JPM in NASCAR. I know a lot of people feel it's "a waist of talent", but I disagree. The same driving skills that apply in F1 doesn't apply in NASCAR. It's a whole different world. In fact there was a F1 driver that went into NASCAR back in the mid-80's iirc, never placed in any race he started. The dynamics are completely different, and the skills needed are different.

Granted if he just keeps wrecking, then he'll be an unwanted face in NASCAR as well. Like I said in an earlier post. 2007 NASCAR season is going to be interesting. Toyota, Aero Packages, and Montoya, oh my!

As for the F1 driver I mentioned, I've been trying to find his name, but to no avail.