[09x11] July 10th, 2006

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Discuss, assuming you've seen it. :)

This was better than last week but I think they try to cram waaaayyyy to much into one episode. They have more features than Top Gear as far as I can tell but they have 17 minutes less program to fill. I sometimes get the feeling that they just put stuff in to fill gaps.
Anway onto specific details. Missed the first 15 mins so can't comment on that till tomorrow.
I liked Toms review of the TT, very good as usual from Tom.
Didn't like Plato's review of the Brookes. What a cry baby. Whats the point in going to the windiest road in Britain to test a car then just complain about the lack of windscreen. Wear a helmet you pussy.
Liked Tiff's drifting bits. He looked shit to start with but always broke the car when he was just getting gud :lol:

Actually I found it to very poor this time. Vicky with lots of old people - very boring. Tiff hardly did any drifting but following a motobike was good, I really loved that part. Concept bit - totall rubbish. Well it could be because I don't get most of the art and them guys were looking for weird ideas. The rest was OK. Fifth gear is going down it seems...

I hate how Fifth Gear is about drifting. It seems very inusual to me. Top Gear plays around with cars, but they don't try and drift in every single car they get.

I don't see the point in burning up the tires to test a car.

It was an alright episode. The TT and the drifting was good, but the rest are forgettable. I don't get why they picked such a high lag car for Tiff? He usually drift cars with stock power, he doesn't need 590whp and all the lag that comes with it. I think he would do much better if they put him in a GTO (Holden Monaro). And it looks like his handbrake is not modified. I remember watching something about the RMR GTO, it modified the handbrake so it ativates the rear brakes (hydraulically), so it will lock up the rear wheel much better than a normal handbrake would. I think Tiff could've done much better in a different car.

It was an amazing episode! The bike versus modified X5 part should have gone on longer! Also the concept car where they were talking about the cool dashboard, is that from someone on this board?

ps:
Kebab gud said:
looks like tiff didnt know that handbrake + RWD car = drivshaft to hell ..
handbrake drifts are for n00bs and pussys.. and should only be done in FWD cars..

Every driver in the D1GP uses a handbrake, there are times when it's needed. So I have know idea where you got your info from.

Kebab gud said:
looks like tiff didnt know that handbrake + RWD car = drivshaft to hell ..
handbrake drifts are for n00bs and pussys.. and should only be done in FWD cars..

Erm.. Clutch + handbrake != driveshaft to hell

A much better episode. No stupid shoot out .. just a brilliant review from what appears to be a brilliant car. While I'm typing this there is a TT standing outside the house and I must say. The new one looks a LOT better.

Vicky's piece was boring as usual .. they should realy give her something else to do. Ecoracer bit wasn't realy necessary .. I would have preferred a complete (p)review or something in another episode instead of that tiny bit.

The drift part was awesome imo.. they actually competed in a race. Sure, Top Gear did something about drifting but that was different. I like Fifth Gear's approach. The Dakar bit was also good.

And about Plato's piece .. pfhh. A very cool car. If he says it's a good trackcar why doesn't he test it on a track afterwards? Could have been a good review but it just wasn't. That car on the n?rburgring .. grwww

Good ep - Vicki's S-max piece was great - enjoyed the first part, and then the OAP's just stole the show - good stuff. Don't know if I can take Jon Bentley seriously when he compares a car to an Elise though...

X5 vs biker was good, but Tom's TT review started out well, but then fell a bit flat - not as good as the previous reports he's done.

Congrats to jmb on his concept car making the final 50 and getting a special mention for the dashboard :clap:

"... I was initiating drift at 170 - 180 kays..." :shock: Impressed by that driver and the other top drifters? Oh hell yes.

As for Jason - mate, that's fine, you leave the Clubmans, Atoms etc to us. Plonker.

If Plato had taken that car to the Nurburgring then Guess what?

All the Top gear fanatics would have started to cry about how they copy TopGear.

Haven't watched it yet but will soon.

OAP is and Old Age Pensioner, basically anyone over about 65 who gets paid a pension.
MOT stands for Ministry of Transport, its the test every car that is three years or older must pass every year. It basically certifies them to be fit for the road. Think they cost about ?100 for the test nowadays.
If you fail your MOT then you can't drive your car on the road till it's repaired.

Hi, does anyone knows, what is that music when the audi tt is being reviewed - starting exactly @15:52

Scud said:

All the Top gear fanatics would have started to cry about how they copy TopGear.

People whine (me included) every time Fifth Gear copies something from Top Gear. But that's (in my case) always because they fuck it up. They lack originality ... . Besides, testing it on "a bendiest" road has already been done by Top Gear. Or was that the most dangerous road .. or the bendiest road in Scotland or something. Anyway, I would much rather have seen someone take that thing to a track. It is designed as a track car and should therefore be tested ON a track. I would not mind Fifth Gear shooting a review on the N?rburgring at all.

Spo0Bo said:
Scud said:

People whine (me included) every time Fifth Gear copies something from Top Gear. But that's (in my case) always because they fuck it up. They lack originality ... . Besides, testing it on "a bendiest" road has already been done by Top Gear. Or was that the most dangerous road .. or the bendiest road in Scotland or something. Anyway, I would much rather have seen someone take that thing to a track. It is designed as a track car and should therefore be tested ON a track. I would not mind Fifth Gear shooting a review on the N?rburgring at all.

umm yea now yr just tryin to find a reason to rag on fifth gear, it was Tiff who tested the cayman S on the most dangerous driving roads in britain ( maybe scotland). The only roads that ive seen Top Gear test fast cars on is the ile of man :mrgreen:

fbc said:
Good ep - Vicki's S-max piece was great - enjoyed the first part, and then the OAP's just stole the show - good stuff. Don't know if I can take Jon Bentley seriously when he compares a car to an Elise though...

X5 vs biker was good, but Tom's TT review started out well, but then fell a bit flat - not as good as the previous reports he's done.

Congrats to jmb on his concept car making the final 50 and getting a special mention for the dashboard :clap:

"... I was initiating drift at 170 - 180 kays..." :shock: Impressed by that driver and the other top drifters? Oh hell yes.

As for Jason - mate, that's fine, you leave the Clubmans, Atoms etc to us. Plonker.

congrats to jmb :)

Most Boring episode everrrrrrrr but did u notic tiff walking to and BMW M6 in the drift bit? but still booooooooooorrrrrringggggggggg