war on terror on israel

asphotos

Car(s)
MY07 Silver Subaru Outback
Israel bombs Beirut airport
Israeli aircraft have bombed Beirut International Airport, expanding its campaign against Lebanon's Hezbollah guerrillas holding two Israeli soldiers captive. All three of the airport's runways were rendered unusable in the air strikes and as a result the airport was closed, a senior Lebanese aviation official said. www.cnn.com 13/7/06

This is an act of international terrorism, innocent parties from all over the world use this facility, international airports are not for bombing. This is no different from those plane's being flown into those building's you americans get so worked up over. (2 wars and tens of thousands dead years on, was the outcome of that action) When will america declare a "war on terror" on israel? Or does it have two agendas and 2 sets of "international law?"

you claim to be the "world police"

America's the drunk, borderline retarded, drunk, half blind, trigger happy, corrupt, split personality police.

You'd get better justice by setting loose a million polar bears, attaching lasers to their heads, and poking them with sticks.

In other words, I don't expect any rational approach.

(not a slight to individual Americans, but to the foreign policy and those that agree with it)

Israel blockaded air and naval access to Lebanon, an army spokesman said. The army said Beirut's Rafik Hariri International Airport was being used by the Hezbollah to transfer weapons and supplies, a claim denied by the group's spokesman Hussain Nabulsi by phone from Beirut. The air force destroyed a Hezbollah television relay station.
from here

another:
The Israeli military confirmed it had struck Beirut airport, saying the facility is ?a central hub for the transfer of weapons and supplies to the Hezbollah terrorist organization.?
from here

asphotos, you must be like the tenth person on this forum who proves to me he doesn't know shit about the situation here in israel. you live like 10,000 miles from here and you base your opinions on what you read on the news.
please check your facts before you start making opinions.

osabros said:
asphotos, you must be like the tenth person on this forum who proves to me he doesn't know shit about the situation here in israel. you live like 10,000 miles from here and you base your opinions on what you read on the news.

I'm guessing that you're not standing on a hill looking down on everything as it happens. In other words, you're probably hearing things from the news too, and I'm guessing the Israeli news media is not exactly the most objective (not that US news is).

Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
osabros said:

I'm guessing that you're not standing on a hill looking down on everything as it happens. In other words, you're probably hearing things from the news too, and I'm guessing the Israeli news media is not exactly the most objective (not that US news is).

i may not be looking at everything, but i can garentee i'm hearing much more accurate data then anyone else in this forum. a neighbor of mine has been called to serve in lebanon, and i think hearing directly from him what's happening is a lot more reliable than the news.
besides, the news you guys hear is, for you, news from overseas. you hear only a tiny bit of everything that's happening around here. and even in the things you hear about some of you don't check your facts(example: refer to tranceshakeel's note in this thread, and how he was saying the kidnapped soldier was in gaza when he was kidnapped, when in fact he was inside israeli borders. and tranceshakeel also showed he hasn't heard about kassam rockets and the tension buildup in the area over the past 11 months)

osabros said:
Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
osabros said:

i may not be looking at everything, but i can garentee i'm hearing much more accurate data then anyone else in this forum. my brother has been called to serve in lebanon, and i think hearing directly from him what's happening is a lot more reliable than the news.
besides, the news you guys hear is, for you, news from overseas. you hear only a tiny bit of everything that's happening around here.

The least objective source I could possibly conceive of is a soldier involved in the fighting. Would you believe what was happening from a soldier on the other side of the conflict?

So 1 kidnapped soldier justifies killing civilians?
2 kidnapped soldiers justifies to go to war against another country killing again thousands of civilians?.

If Israel was smart they would Negotiate and realese thousands of civilians they got in the prisons.

Israel are Terrorists.
They get away with anything they do and if someone question them they fall back on the Holocaust.
But we are the victims bu hu.

It doesn't give you the right to massacre thousands of civilians.
It doesn't give you the right to take others land and kill anyone who doesn't want to leave.
It doesn't give you the right to blow up powerplants just for fun.
It doesn't give you the rights to target practice on civlians.

When will the rest of the world wake up and have the balls to tell Israel to stop killing Innocent civilians.
Stop terrorising other countries.

You think we Dont know what happens cause we aint living there.

I read every day reports from Lebanon and Syria and Palstine from people who moved there from Sweden and they tell what really happens.
Israel is a fucking bully who is allowed to do what ever it wants.

This war will escalade and I hope Syria and Iran joins in and wipe Israel from the face of this earth.

Here is a WAR lesson for our Israel friend.

Lebanon attacked a military target and took prisoners.

Israel calls that "Kidnapping" and a "terrorist act".

Whafuck?

That's war.

Israel is taking civilian hostages, bombing a school or voting station...THAT is terrorism.

If I were you I would pack my bags and move out from Israel.
Cause soon Israel will be gone.

Iran Syria Jordan and other Arabic countries are discussing right now if they should help Lebanon and Palestine out.

I hope they do.
Israel fucked with Lebanon and palestine for so many years now and got away with it every fucking time.
If ANY other nation would do that USA would bomb them to death.
Just like with Serbia.

But when Israel does it it's alright.

Israel did it to themself and I really really hope that the Arab nations will all help out to Take Israel out.

How do American taxpayers feel about money being deducted from their paycheck to fund the Israeli military? I read that the US funds the Israeli military $20,000 for each Israeli citizen.

Think about it on a fundamental level. The money you earn is being taken from you without your consent to fund a foreign military.

This, my friends, is one hell of a flame-baiting thread... it's not going to end well

^-- Like that whole situation unfortunately :eek: It really sucks my ass to see that shit happening!

Scud said:
So 1 kidnapped soldier justifies killing civilians?
2 kidnapped soldiers justifies to go to war against another country killing again thousands of civilians?.

If Israel was smart they would Negotiate and realese thousands of civilians they got in the prisons.

Israel are Terrorists.

They get away with anything they do and if someone question them they fall back on the Holocaust.
But we are the victims bu hu.

It doesn't give you the right to massacre thousands of civilians.
It doesn't give you the right to take others land and kill anyone who doesn't want to leave.
It doesn't give you the right to blow up powerplants just for fun.
It doesn't give you the rights to target practice on civlians.

When will the rest of the world wake up and have the balls to tell Israel to stop killing Innocent civilians.
Stop terrorising other countries.

You think we Dont know what happens cause we aint living there.

I read every day reports from Lebanon and Syria and Palstine from people who moved there from Sweden and they tell what really happens.
Israel is a fucking bully who is allowed to do what ever it wants.

This war will escalade and I hope Syria and Iran joins in and wipe Israel from the face of this earth.
you sound a lot like president ahmadinjad when you say that :| will you send "scuds" on us?? not very surprising with your "interesting" name, i bet you probably admire Saddam Hussein, and like the majority of the palestinians go partying in the streets after israelis are killed.

you wanna flame me more?? go on. i'll reply to you when you want to start a civilised debate about the situation.

hokiethang you were right....

osabros said:
you sound a lot like president ahmadinjad when you say that :| will you send "scuds" on us?? not very surprising with your "interesting" name, i bet you probably admire Saddam Hussein, and like the majority of the palestinians go partying in the streets after israelis are killed.

you wanna flame me more?? go on. i'll reply to you when you want to start a civilised debate about the situation.

hokiethang you were right....

This is called an ad hominem attack, which means instead of attacking the point the other person is trying to make you are attacking the person.

Scud is also stating some points without evidence.

Please fellas, debate the issue. 8)

And those of you who are afraid of flames, grow a pair will ya? :lol:

Ignore Scud, the guy's a Nazi, I imagine he doesn't like Israel too much.

But rather than calling Israel the terrorists, how about we start pointing the finger where it belongs. Do you have bad short term memory or what? Who illegaly crossed borders and kidnapped soldiers? Sure as hell wasn't Israel. Let's start pointing the finger at these religious loonies, before it's too late. They already control Palestine, we saw how fucked up that turned out to be. Imagine an Islamic Egypt or Syria, not nice. Arabs will go out in the capitals and shout Jihad and asking for their countries to invade Israel, how about you go out and protest against the people who caused this whole mess.

These muslim groups have never done a good thing in their lives. It's time to get rid of them once and for all. They're the only barrier between arabs and peace.

Towards Beirut, yes. Towards the south, no. You have to remember that the Lebanese government are a bunch of pansies that are afraid of HA, so either they're going to stand up for their citizens and do something by condemning HA, or they're going to sit by as Israel destroys Beirut.

What I want to happen is for Israel to go after Syria, who are behind all of this. The biggest puppet-master is Iran, I believe, which is even more infuriating for me as an Arab. Too bad I don't think Israel will do anything about Iran, Syria though, go after them.

Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
This is called an ad hominem attack, which means instead of attacking the point the other person is trying to make you are attacking the person.

Scud is also stating some points without evidence.

Please fellas, debate the issue. 8)
never knew doing that was called a hominem attack. anyway my point is if scud wants to talk about it he should put up claims, explain why he thinks so, and then we can debate his opinion. my impression was that he just wants to cuss, not discuss.

back on the thread:
firecat said:
Wouldn't you consider the response disproportionate?
i think that the responses are so extreme because you need to remember we're dealing with areas that we have no control over. if in nablus a soldier was kidnapped we'd use all the mossad contacts in there, get the soldier, assassinate some baddies, and it's over. unfortunatley since we left gaza we don't have enough presence in the area, as far as i know we're seriously lacking in forces that can track the soldier/get rid of some terrorists, and in intel. which is why we need to use the less accurate air force so much.
and i also think that a reaction like this was inevitable. we know for sure that the palestinians in gaza haven't been resting since the disengagement: the terrorists within them have been working hard at rebuilding everything we've been destroying when we were there: kassam laboratories, explosives reserves, weaponry factories. we knew that they're accumulating all that weaponry for a reason, and we were waiting to see if they'd provoke us. and when they did, we seized the opportunity to destroy the terrorist facilities without fear of world criticism. that also may explain the extremeness of the response.

Basically Israel goes to war against Lebanon because the Hezbollah has captured two Israeli solidiers? This is not the appropriate reaction for a civilized country. Nobody cares if Israel attacks the Hezbollah in the South, but bombing the whole infrastructur and killing innocent civilians is certainly not right. The Lebanese themself might be grateful for that.
We shouldn't forget that the government of Lebanon has been democratically elected.

I hope that the rest of Europe will follow the example of Chirac and criticise Israel for these actions. They simply have to understand that they overreacted this time.

How so? The Lebanese government should be the ones controlling its borders. It hasn't done anything to regain control of the south, which means that HA are their representatives down in the south by default. The Lebanese government are the ones that allowed HA to do this, and over that, despite the outcry from the Lebanese people against HA, the government refuses to condemn the kidnapping and do anything about it.