2008 M3 bodywork uncovered

It looks like they are hiding somthing on the rocker pannel/rear quarter - an air scoop perhaps?

I also like the taillights better - getting back to a more classic look. I think the lights on the models I usually see look like they were lifted off a Subaru WRX.

Overall I think it's better but still not the best BMW has built.

The bumper also looks like the guy tried some fully-sick jumps and landed awkwardly.

The front looks ok. The rear looks too generic like it came off a Honda Accord.

Why is BMW trying to copy the Japanese now?

Because people where whining so much about the 7-, 6- and 5-series

"Uhh, it's to new and radical looking"

Then they listened to the whiners and made the conservative 3-series models and the facelifted 7-series.
Now the whiners go:

"Uhh, it's to conservative and japanese looking"

It isn't easy being the BMW design department.

I think they should have just looked at their record sales when the radical models came out and stuck to the plan.

Back on topic. The downward arch on the frontspoiler dosen't really play well with the rest of the front :(
The rear spoiler looks unfinished, or not entirely exposed

Actually this is getting back to the classic BMW styling lines which the Japanese started to copy several years ago. BMW went all nuts in the styling department because there were so many copycats.

you have it backwards, the Japanese are copying BMW.

conservative bmw fans, plz give up, bmw are never going back to pre-flame surfuring designs, start accepting reality. i loved the old cars too especially the E46 M3, but plz move on. go to a dealership and see some of these cars in person, its so much better in real life. just look at the details, it has so much more feel than jap bangers. look at the hideous IS doors, they just forgot to draw the doors...

this car looks the part when it has the proper wheels, the CSL wheels do not do it justice. good agressive car and it better take back the top spot from the new audi RS4.

why do they name it E92 in that thread title?

it's got the same chassis as the regular 3, right?

WANT ONE! in CSL Flavor...... can you put some mustard..... o yeah.. super size it please!!!

Wondering.. how come some of the pics dont have the side panel things that all the M BMWs have? In the first link theres a picture where they tired to hide it. but the other ones dont have that panel M badge. Im pretty sure those badges are on both sides not only the left side.

-Mojo-

new M3 = teh ghey.

/waiting to form a true, honest opinion when the car comes out.
//until then.... teh ghey.

bone said:
why do they name it E92 in that thread title?

it's got the same chassis as the regular 3, right?
maybe thats because its the coup? version.

^Yeah, but he still has a point. The old 3-series coupe and sedan had the same model code (E46)...

It could maybe be because they where playing with the idea of calling the 3-series coupe the 4-series, and therefor giving it a new model code.