Worst US Cars of 2006

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
See signature
Consumer Reports (a non-profit consumer magazine) has listed the worst US cars of 2006.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13939015/

The list is available at the above link with details of each car. To get you started here are the most craptastic American cars of 2006.

? Dodge Sprinter van
? Ford Crown Victoria sedan
? Mercury Grand Marquis sedan
? Pontiac Grand Prix sedan
? Ford E-Series van
? Dodge Durango SUV
? Dodge Ram 1500 pickup
? Buick Terraza minivan
? Chevrolet Uplander minivan
? Pontiac SV6 minivan
? Saturn Relay minivan
? Saturn Ion coupe and sedan
? Ford Ranger pickup

I would like to see the 30 worst cars globally, to see which nation has the crappiest cars. My money is on China or the PacRim.

not me... i rekon india will top every other country

Worst US cars of 2006? All of 'em! :twisted:

Seriously, though, they didn't need to count all 4 of GM's shitty rebadged minivan lumps. Also, the Dodge Sprinter is supposed to be really good for what it is: a utilitarian van for plumbers.

Grand Prix? I kinda dig it, and I don't think it should have a spot on that list. I mean, surely the Chevy Malibu is worse? Or the Chevy Impala, or surely the Aveo!

My friend's dad just bought a new Ranger. Why?! Later, he decked it out with Grateful Dead stickers. Maybe that explains it. Also, couldn't they have chose another reason for the E-Series than air pollution? How about the fact that it's 20 years old?

And the Crown Vic rocks! Crown Vic or bust! :x

I am so pleased to report that I know none of these. We have our own crappy cars without having yours as well.

For those of you outside the US, what are the crappiest cars from your respective nations? I know the US does not have the market cornered on crap cars.

Living in Canada our crappiest cars are - surprise, surprise - the exact cars mentioned on that list.

BMWPower.lv said:
All american 'sport coupes' like eclipses with 'sporty brakes' who cost about 20k $ are rubbish :)

Hate to break it to you, but the Eclipse is by Mitsubishi, which makes it Japanese.

And the best cars of 2006 are Honda and Toyota right??

Please....

Just because it is American it is automatically crap. I guess they have never driven a GTP Grand Prix.

mautzel said:
(Okay, okay, I have to admit that the Ford Focus is quite well :) )

It's British, isn't it? :p

GraemeH said:
mautzel said:

the 2000-2004 model i'm pretty sure is one of the few "american" cars from the uk that isn't re-tuned (....much) from the european version

The Grand Prix is not THAT bad, the GXP model is nice looking and the brakes make it look fast...but it is not.

rjvracing said:
GraemeH said:
mautzel said:

the 2000-2004 model i'm pretty sure is one of the few "american" cars from the uk that isn't re-tuned (....much) from the european version

:D

And cobol74, you should know the Dodge Sprinter, because that's nothing more than a rebadged Mercedes Sprinter!

Un-Dee said:
GraemeH said:
mautzel said:

Nah, all of the European Ford models come from Cologne, at least they're being developed there.

Okay, though the "british" part wasn't the point so much as "not america" was the point, wherever they are developed :)

The Crown Vic is a good vehicle. One of the last full frame cars out there.

jetsetter said:
The Crown Vic is a good vehicle. One of the last full frame cars out there.
I can't stand it when old people buy the tan colored version ( :coplight: ). :p