British International Motor Show *56k NO*

Y8tes

A brilliant day, wasn't too packed out since I went in the morning...

Provided you didn't want to get into the AM stand or the Toyota F1.

Some highlights:

Very Very cool!
P1010172.jpg

Gorgeous Saab concept car... I loved the wraparound windscreen. Anyone know what it's called?
P1010158.jpg

Bit ricer, but I can't wait for it to come out.
P1010178.jpg

Not as good looking as the phantom (also there) but still very impressive
P1010164.jpg

:evil: Monster! :thumbsup:
P1010152.jpg

Never seen one in the flesh before, very exciting!
P1010118.jpg

One of my favorites.
P1010115.jpg

In contest with the Speed 12 for most evil-looking car EVER
P1010103.jpg

*drool*
P1010182.jpg

Oh, and a bit of a nice surprise as well :mrgreen:

P1010133.jpg

P1010132.jpg

P1010131.jpg

Haha, they got the CamperSub back up, nice!

Nie pics, I'm going to London first thing in the Morning with a friend to go to the Motorshow :D

I noticed that Roller is the 101ex, I thought they had the new convertable there too?

The Saab is the Aero X concept. It is going to be built on the Sky/Solstice platform and the cars name will be the Sonnet. It will first be a 2 seater convertable and later a 2+2 coupe.

The whole front end will stay the same, than the rear also but it will be a convertable without the plane cockpit (unfortunatly). It looks the same but has a different door area because of the cockpit thingy.

Fenrir said:
I noticed that Roller is the 101ex, I thought they had the new convertable there too?

Naw, unless I missed it, there was only the 101EX and the Phantom there

Ah well :)

What sort of stuff was on sale? I have a feelin there's gonna be a large hole in my pocket tomorrow evening.

You name it. The stuff for sale was all in a back room behind the supercar paddock. Didn't get a lot of time to look around... I haven't got paid yet ;)

NAIDANAC A said:
The Saab is the Aero X concept. It is going to be built on the Sky/Solstice platform and the cars name will be the Sonnet. It will first be a 2 seater convertable and later a 2+2 coupe.

The whole front end will stay the same, than the rear also but it will be a convertable without the plane cockpit (unfortunatly). It looks the same but has a different door area because of the cockpit thingy.

funny.. Saab says it built on a one-off custom platform and it will never come into production..
og and builting a saab on a sky/solstice platform is pure BS.. saab will never have a RWD car

uh...ya they are its in the newer magazines around the states. Road and Track to be precies. Even if it is a one off custom platform doesn't mean they couldn't port it to something else. The never come into production part, ya thats the cockpit roof. There is already a Saab with rear wheel dive, its an SUV though.

Also if you google search "saab sonnet" the first link even states that the new Sonnet has be OK but it would be difficult to change the Kappa platform into FWD.

http://www.thesaabsite.com/sonnetinfo.htm

:woot: @ Cerbera Speed 12 and F1 (LM? GTR?)
its good to see that someone fished those atrocities out to put them on display :p

TG rules! :thumbsup:
and isn't the mclaren F1 there an LM version? they made only 3 LMs as far as i know.

I wish I was in Britain :(
If this show is on every year around the same time I'll surely plan to be there! :bangin:

Salar said:
Is that SLR dark grey? new colour?
SLR's are now available in heaps of colours. Merc changed it last year and gave customers lots of choice.

Salar said:
I've seen a white F40 in other pics. Awesome.

Is that SLR dark grey? new colour?

Kinda like this one?
P1010105.jpg

I really had to do a double take on that. First i saw it from the front and brain registered it as maserati MC12 colouring.

Oh, and the SLR was in a really really nice dark grey, I much prefer this to the normal silver.
P1010117.jpg