tiff vs stig

tiff vs stig

• Total voters
I think the fact that Tiff works for Channel 5 would almost guarantee that he isn't the Stig.
Who's quicker? Tough call. Tiff has been a grand prix driver, but I think most of his experience is with endurance races. So while he's definitely quick, he's perhaps more accustomed to conserving a car and driving it consistently. The Stig definitely drives more like a rally driver, so far as I can tell. He's very much in control, but he seems pretty aggressive with the wheel and throttle.
I'd have to say the Stig is quicker, but I'm not 100% convinced.

Very true Gerhard,

But for those exact reasons I think Tiff is faster. The rally-style of driving may look fast, it usally isn't.

Gerhard said:
I think the fact that Tiff works for Channel 5 would almost guarantee that he isn't the Stig.
Who's quicker? Tough call. Tiff has been a grand prix driver, but I think most of his experience is with endurance races. So while he's definitely quick, he's perhaps more accustomed to conserving a car and driving it consistently. The Stig definitely drives more like a rally driver, so far as I can tell. He's very much in control, but he seems pretty aggressive with the wheel and throttle.
I'd have to say the Stig is quicker, but I'm not 100% convinced.

how are the channel 5 people supposed to know who the stig is? if tiff was the stig, and managed to film in between 5th gear, how would they know? also, part of being a proffessional is being able to adapt, wether it's for a time attack or a long endurance race. also, just because stig is aggressive doesn't mean his skills are in common with a rally driver. plenety of race car drivers can drive aggressively for a time attack so that's not somthing exclusive to him. i didn't vote, because i haven't seen an objective test between the two, nor have i seen them race together, that is if they are different people.

tiff is not the stig,

there was a post somewhere that told you the Stig's name and his bio...

but, if he was... that would be a really cool/weird twist!

:)

All you guys that talk like Tiff is a driving god do realize that you can count his GP races on one hand, and he's never won at Le Mans, right? He went from F1 to GroupC/FIA GT to touring car - that's as bad as a downhill a racing driver can get. In fact I can't think of any prestious title he has won (not even BTCC). Some F1 experience, been around sports car racing a long time (but no titles) and played touring cars for a while - guys like this are a dime and a dozen in the racing circles. Heck you can buy your seat and be as accomplished as Tiff, if you have a deep pocket. Yes Tiff drives pretty good for a presenter/road tester, but in the racing circles everyone and their brother can do that.

BTW looking at the way the new stig drives, I don't think he was an open-wheeler racer. If I had to guess, he was probably a rally driver or possibly a sports car driver. Rally drivers are generally very good at taking a less-than-perfect car with road tires (in other words, stock production cars) to its limits, whereas road racers only do well with sophisticatedly set up cars. And I do think rally drivers > 98% modern open-wheeler drivers.

road racers only do well with sophisticatedly set up cars? you know the first part of your post sounded good, but the second part just sounds like your talking out of your a$$.

STIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGY!!!! :oops: :mrgreen: