Lens Flair

No, no, no, NO!
One photo per day, please!

Edit: New page, gotta have a photo

http://img154.imageshack.**/img154/8928/img0567hp8.jpg

cheers for backing up the thread rules VooDoo :)

And Monkeymax - I loved reading your story. I never really knew how the motor show exhibitor things worked, I just presumed that you had to know about it previously and then enquire about showing your car. So, do they just send you a letter? Were you surprised? Tell me more! :)

http://img208.imageshack.**/img208/8333/carshowphoto6mp8.jpg

Overheat said:
cheers for backing up the thread rules VooDoo :)
They got us this far them rules :cheers:

Skoshi; thanks for reminding me the technique is called vignetting. My mind is not what it once was! :? :)

Overheat said:
And Monkeymax - I loved reading your story. I never really knew how the motor show exhibitor things worked, I just presumed that you had to know about it previously and then enquire about showing your car. So, do they just send you a letter? Were you surprised? Tell me more! :)

Well, kinda wierd. I went to the Japanese Auto Extravaganza last week (JAE 2006) with the MR2 - my first meet with the club since buying the car. I ended up being guided to a spot right in front of the club gazeebo (just due to my timing) sandwiched in between an orange specially restored Mk1 and an almost mint sky blue early mark 1 (B reg). Pretty much the best place! (And my car, though she looks very clean in photos, does have the odd scuff mark here and there).

Anyway, event organizer comes over and sees me getting stuff out of the car. It was then very much a case of "Nice car - it's in very good condition! You've just bought it haven't you? We've got a couple of spaces left on the Mk1 display area at Silverstone next week - fancy coming? We could do with a red T-Bar!" ... to which my answer was obviously a definate yes!
And that was it - no letter! (Though I'd imagine the Aston Martin/Ferrari club members and the like will get a proper letter)

As for was I surprised - extremely. There were definately better Mk1s around last week, but it just seems that due to the timing of the Silverstone Classics weekend, not everyone could or wanted to go to this as well. So in reality, I was probably very lucky.

Even more so this morning as I got to do a parade lap around Silverstone with the old girl! :D That was well worth getting up damned early for!

The only disappointment was that it was much quieter today than yesterday in terms of the static club displays. But the racing was fantastic today (better than yesterday). Imagine 30ish 1960s & 70s F1 cars. Racing. Properly. Fighting hard. And I was sat on the grandstands at Priory facing Luffield. Amazing.
Oh and there was the period this morning where I got myself into the pitlane and was stood on the pit wall while the F1 cars were practicing! :D
Followed by the Le Mans classics preparing behind me (what a sound!!!).
Not to mention all the other classic cars that were raced!

I'll definately be going back next year - Mk1 club place or not. And I highly recommend it - it's a great day/weekend out if you love cars.

This is where my car was yesterday (the second one - the red one) and it was right up the front today so whenever I saw it there were people having a nose around... which was rather cool. :) I finally have a car that isn't embarassing (but unfortunately she's garaged up again for the next couple of weeks)...

So psyched up!

Anyway, took a whole bunch of photos but haven't had a chance to download today's photos and haven't been able to sort through many of yesterdays photos. Gotta be up for work in 6 hours so can't hang around.

Here's one - went for an action shot this time for a bit of a change. It's not my favourite, but my favourites all seem to be static shots so far!

Whew, that was a long post!!

Well, 'Night

Edit: Yeah, unfortunately there doesn't seem to be anywhere you can get a clear view of the track (i.e. without the fence) except on the pit wall. So any action shots will likely have the fence in front :(.

your MR2 pic is very nice, despite the modified one blocking my view of your nice red one :p

thanks for the story - I love reading about these things. Really interesting stuff, I hope you get invited to more shows, sounds like you really enjoyed it :)

http://img149.imageshack.**/img149/8789/ggbridgeanglezx4.jpg

COMMENTS PLEASE!

^ ditto, too much angle :(

Axlxa: The sky looks neat and the bridge has nice shades of red. The water looks green and dirty though, and the angle hurts my neck..

//Edit:

Let's add a picture..

OZracing.jpg

lol.... what's wrong with you guys. I wanted to do something unconventional and all you are telling me it's too "out there."

Well I liked it and I wanted to make a V with the bridge/horizon and it worked.

Okay new day new pic:

I had used my creativeness and combined the first two image's subjects into one photo!

http://img275.imageshack.**/img275/557/stiwidetx2.jpg

Today is the last day i get to use this wide angle. So i had to go out to have a little fun.

I would have liked to see more light on the cars side, it's pretty much underexposed on the right and blown out on the front..

As for the bridge shot, everyone has seen those mad tyte angles before, the reason no one uses them is because they don't look good.

axlxa, nice wide angle, I like it and I like the lighting too. And CoolYota - you must be proud of how that turned out - very beautiful :)