[08x08] July 30th, 2006

I was looking foward to the wife/girlfriend test. :(

But I liked the episdoe, though the Van bit was wierd. Just redid our old van that someone gave to us, (Nice one with TV's, recling seats, the back seat even turned into a bed!), and total'ed it Thursday. But overall good EP, loved when he flipped it over!

The episode was ok, the best part was the van challenge at the end of the show.

But somehow i just knew that Hammond's van would roll over. :lol:

DMX said:
at the end Credits....

Presented by...
LEE clarkson
WAYNE hammond
TERRY may

..did i miss a joke

Just "typical" van driver names I guess... Although I'd have gone for a "Dave" myself.

M15 is top - Currently working out how to make my tacho needle do the colour change trick :)
And as soon as Hammond said he'd try a Scandi flick I thought "he's gonna roll that"... lo and behold :thumbsup:

The Noble review was good. And it's a cool car. But it looks like the suspension is quite soft, it rolls a bit during cornering. The van challenge is alright, when Hammond rolled the Super Carry it was pretty funny. Too bad this is the last ep of the series, I'm already looking forward to the Autumn's season. Thanks VUK for all the hard work this season. :thumbsup:

Relatively soft suspension isn't always a bad thing - on track you can get away with making it really stiff, but on a normal British road you need some give otherwise the tyres spend half their time flapping about in the air! Would be nice to see some real-world reviews of it. The missus said if I won the lottery and got that she would respect me more than if I got a 911. Ferrari's already banned for being too footballer :)

trust jeremy to choose the fastest van :lol: my dad has a transporter, but not the sportline version :(

the "white" (despite richards van being blue) van challenge was the highlight. i loved the way jeremy used tape hold the new door on :lol:

& i want a rolls royce 101EX - who doesn't? oh yes.... jeremy

Not a bad episode, but seemed a bit strange for some reason - the flow of the show seemed a bit 'off'.

Can't believe Hammond Scandinavian flicked that thing... predictable result really... and damn funny (since they were showing it I assumed he hadn't been hurt). Rest of the challenge was good, but previous challenges have been a bit better.

Noble M15 - hell of a car, I just wish I could like the styling around the rear...

Of course an 'average' TG episode is still bloody great television. Thanks for the season TG team, VUK, Viper et al, roll on October!

the first bit was boring, but the white van challenge :lol: :lol:

martineb72 said:
I especially liked the Captain Slow tailgating, or lack there of. The challenge really rescued the show.

-4 000 000 points :lol:

My god the white van challenge was great! I was a bit dissapointed that they didn't do something like going from a to b with fuel etc, but still pretty damn good. I liked the roadie thing, was quite interesting. M15 review was great too.

-3,999,993 :)

White Van Challenge was hilarious, especially loading the vans. "That didn't break... that did..." "James took an unusual approach with his illegal immigrant, and employed him".

I quite liked the first van thing, mainly because you could tell they'd screwed it all up. And Pete Townshend not taking any crap from Clarkson. ANd Hammond stealing JCs line.

JC was right about that Rolls though. If he thinks its vulgar, it must be vulgar. Jensen Button got a harsh-ish ride, but it was all in good humour. You could tell he really wanted to beat the Stig as well. Would have done so but for his minor off.

Looking at the van challenge flip, it would have to be real. You can see hammond moving his hands around trying to correct it or something like that :p

If anyone has a long memory, that Rolls Royce was on Top Gear as a Convertible! It was the episode with Jordan and the cheap car challenge; the Roller they featured in 08X08 is, by comparing the two, the hardtop version.

I guess Hammond was right in saying that Rolls would build them, even though the company said otherwise.

Mmm, Jordan. I need to go watch that episode again. :lol: <3

Viper007Bond said:
Mmm, Jordan. I need to go watch that episode again. :lol: <3

Yes, she has LARGE....tracts of land. [/montypython]

Noble M15 great car, could have used a more direct comparison with a 911 though. Especially since Hammond has a 911.

Yeah, I was kind of hoping they would drag race the M15 vs. the 911. They didn't even mention it on the power board.

Who was that fellow doing the Top Gear Survey voiceover at the end?
The typical BBC voice-over guy, as far as I can tell. No idea exactly who it is, though.

fantastic episode although i don't have much of a british accent and it was sort of hard for me to hear through the whole way of the convo in the reasonably priced car..

white van challenge - the best~!!! i showed it to my sis and she laughed like hell...hahaha
although did u notice that may's van had like 6 matresses in it during the tailgating...probably clarkson and hammond did that on perpose and maybe may didn't relise or pretended to...

fantastic episode. couldn't wait till the next season
oh yah - michael gambon was damn funny too. had a recap LOL