Should Renault make a supercar?

Why do you think Toyota came up with Lexus, as with Nissan with Infiniti? Because even they themselves know that they can't convince people to spend upwards up to $80k on a Toyota. Perhaps if Renault came up with their own upscale brand, and distanced themselves from the fact the they're Renault... then just maybe they could pull it off.

I wish Renault would do another supercar - break out the old Alpine badge. I loved the A610.
alpinea610.jpg

Just a quick reply to add something, Renault will never make a Supercar (nothing to be compare with enzo, , cgt , slr) ,but they'll make a sportscar that's for sure .
Something in the price range of the 350z and with the same power probably .
I don't see Renault making a 200K euros car with a v12 and 600bhp in any near future , apart perhaps if it's a concept car like Peugeot did in 2004 with the 608 (they made a v12 out of two PSA V6)

triumph said:
Something in the price range of the 350z and with the same power probably .

You just gave me a horrible thought: Renault rebadging the 350Z as an Alpine. Please never let that happen.

You just gave me a horrible thought: Renault rebadging the 350Z as an Alpine. Please never let that happen.

Well I think this could partially happen.....they would still change the exterior shape of the car but not the chassis or the engine. Since the merger between Nissan and Renault, lots of platforms and engines have been shared.
for example you've got the Kubistar which is a Kangoo same thing for the trafic and master(ok those are utility vehicules)but If you get a closer look to the new nissan Note for example you'll see that it's a big modus.And every diesel engine in a Renault can be found in a Nissan.

But Nissan and Renault are not crazy they're not going to sell the exact same car and only change the name that would be a financial suicide for one of the two brand, again for example the Note is bigger than the modus so it's not aiming at the same customer as the modus(still both cars are very close in terms of design and platform and engines are the same)

I wish Renault would do another supercar - break out the old Alpine badge. I loved the A610.
alpinea610.jpg

Fast forward 6.5 years later...and many F1 Renault victories more...

Actually you were right! They did start reviving the Alpine brand, one year after you said it :)

Although it took some more years to actually produce cars. Actually they are still in design stage in cooperation with Caterham. So expect something amazing :)

Now maybe they should rename their F1 brand to Renault-Alpine-Caterham to get the best of all worlds.. Just saying...