F1:Hungary

I really HATE F1, but this was a very interesting race. If i were Alonso, i would kill everybody in the pit :) .

i like exciting races ...but this was too much *faints*

Now that was a proper race! More overtaking than in the last few seasons put together.

And way to go Button!!!

WHat was Schumi playing at when he cut that chicane and then didnt let De La Rosa past. He deserves some sort of penalty.

Crazy ass race. Schumacher ended up looking like a complete twat keeping those tires on a completly dry track. Add to that that he was much faster then anything else out there once it got even remotely dry and you understand just how stupid it was.
Was very cool seeing Button finally win his first race ,especially after his appearence on TG and all the crap JC gave him 8)
By far the best F1 race I've seen lately,or ever I think for that matter. Kimi's crash alone was for the books with his rear left tire going about 2 inches from Liuzzi's head...
God that was a fun race.

peter3hg2 said:
WHat was Schumi playing at when he cut that chicane and then didnt let De La Rosa past. He deserves some sort of penalty.
One could argue that he was forced, which is probably why he didn't give it up after the fact. Either way it doesn't really matter, considering he didn't finish the race.

Mercury said:
Crazy ass race. Schumacher ended up looking like a complete twat keeping those tires on a completly dry track. Add to that that he was much faster then anything else out there once it got even remotely dry and you understand just how stupid it was.
and pitstop would take ~30/40 seconds, then MS would have been 5 or 7th anyway. Or keep the tires and defend your position and finish 3rd or 4th :)
Tactics ;)

FireFox said:
Mercury said:
and pitstop would take ~30/40 seconds, then MS would have been 5 or 7th anyway. Or keep the tires and defend your position and finish 3rd or 4th :)
Tactics ;)
Point was , that Schumi was really going at it when it got dry setting lap times around 1~2 seconds faster then everyone else. If he were to switch tires in time (about 13 or 14 laps to the finish) and keep that pace going, he would easily be 4-5 if not higher up the rankings. Maybe De La Rosa would be out of reach but Hiedfeld was very possible for a 3rd place. I just saw it as a completly moronic act of a man who believes he's a god on a race track. I really wanted to see him close the gap to Alonso a bit more cause it's been a long time since we had a proper photo-finish to the championship between 2 very good drivers.

Yeah, but how the heck are you supposed to know that... It could have easily started to rain again, and that would have been a completly different story...

Yeah! Good job Button! Finally!! :thumbsup: My jaw dropped to the floor when I saw the wheel nut from Alonso's car fly off. Then Michael drops out of the race with only 3 laps to go?! No one could've written a better script! It really seems fated that this year's championship will be decided right down the the wire at the very last race.

Robert Kubica looked pretty good as well. I'd be a little worried if I were Jacques Villeneuve.

Mercury said:
Point was , that Schumi was really going at it when it got dry setting lap times around 1~2 seconds faster then everyone else. If he were to switch tires in time (about 13 or 14 laps to the finish) and keep that pace going, he would easily be 4-5 if not higher up the rankings. Maybe De La Rosa would be out of reach but Hiedfeld was very possible for a 3rd place. I just saw it as a completly moronic act of a man who believes he's a god on a race track. I really wanted to see him close the gap to Alonso a bit more cause it's been a long time since we had a proper photo-finish to the championship between 2 very good drivers.
Unfortunately, even as great as Schumacher is, I don't think he's developed a psychic ability to accurately forecast the weather quite yet. It could have started raining again very easily and completely screwed him, whereas staying out would've guaranteed him a 4th place finish at the worst (had the car held together).

As for driving like a twat, his tires were beyond dead, and who knows what was going on with the mechanicals of the car, so to call him a twat for legitimately holding off de la Rosa as long as he did is just moronic. He was driving for position and points, and ultimately the championship, to say he should just move over is just... Fuck it's just dumb lol.

Villeneuve had already said that he will no longer be racing in F1 (not really injured anyway)..

This came from Mika Salo (commentator on the finnish tv and a good friend of Villeneuve)

Wow, what a race, amazing what a bit of moisture will do... Though I'm not a big JB fan, great to see him take the win.

BTW - Alonso went off due to a drive shaft failure, nothing to do with his pit crew.

skaternick said:
peter3hg2 said:
One could argue that he was forced, which is probably why he didn't give it up after the fact. Either way it doesn't really matter, considering he didn't finish the race.

Hitting Fisichella on purpose a few laps before wasn't very elegant, either. Sure, he blew his own front spoiler, but that's not how a World Champion should behave :thumbsdown:

Anyway, Schumacher and Alonso have reason to be disappointed, but at least it wasn't their fault they had to retire. Kimi threw away the race by his own hand. I think he's got his mind more on the following season than on the current one, and that doesn't look good for McLaren. On the other hand, I'm happy that De La Rosa managed to score a second place. And of course, congratulations to Button. It was about time :)

Liuzzi slowed down mid corner all of a sudden which is why kimi ran into him. he went and apologised to Mclaren already during the race.

Kimi was also supposed to let Pedro pass so he was looking at his mirrors in that corner to see where Pedro is overtaking him.

So at the end of the day still Kimi's fault but there were midigating circumstances...

Hitting Fisi on purpose? He was on a tight inside line and the front end washed away from him, try watching the race next time instead of playing favourites. I really don't think he'd intentionally rip his front wing off across Fisichella's rear tire, and if you think he did, then you really need to rethink some things.