STIGS!!!

mojo_786

Car(s)
Mazda Protege
Hey,

I was watching one of the old TG episodes and the old stig was doing the lap. So i was wondering wat were the differences between the two stigs? and wat if its the same guy under the outfit?

All i know/think so far is that the old stig only listened to songs, and didnt try learning foreign lanuage whlie doing the test lap.

Thats all i know so far, let me know if u guys spotted any differences/similarities.

Btw im sorry if this topic was already posted.

-Mojo-

last one is quicker around the track and I dont think they choose what to listen, its been planned by other people.

Differences:

Old Stig was I think called Perry McCarthy (or something)
while the new Stig is unknown (could be several people)

and the new one is faster in a Murcielago on a dry track than the old one was in the wet.

new is stig is actually several people. remember the f1 cars (that where testdriver) and the stunt with the snowbike in the winterolympics (was a guy from there).

also i believe that many car manufactures send their test drivers with their supercars to be tested on the TG track.

Please use one of the existing threads concerning the STIG and its various incarnations... Lots of people will be happy to share their Insider Info ( ;-) ) and theories...

:welcome: Ozodis, its nice to see more and more Germans here...

What about the Koenigsegg (whatever) CCX episode? That's a bit weird if one of Koenig's people said (dressed as the stig) "Yeah it needs downforce we need a spoiler, be back later"

When the stig wrecked the CCX

they didnt say ALL of them were company people, now did they? besides, one of the TG people could have thought of it, and they just said the stig said it. there are a shiteload of possibilties.

Ozodis said:
new is stig is actually several people. remember the f1 cars (that where testdriver) and the stunt with the snowbike in the winterolympics (was a guy from there).

also i believe that many car manufactures send their test drivers with their supercars to be tested on the TG track.

then why does the stig have the same style everytime he drives around the track?????

Ringo Shells said:
they didnt say ALL of them were company people, now did they? besides, one of the TG people could have thought of it, and they just said the stig said it. there are a shiteload of possibilties.

Yes, ofc not all of the "stigs" arnt company drivers. I reckon its a guy who does most power laps and stuff, and if its a special car, the company bring their own stiggy. ;)

I think it's quite rare that companys bring their own stig.. Of course, for Formula1 cars, and other real special cars, like the DBR9, the racing teams probably would want to have their own drivers go around the track.. :)

But about the Renault F1 car on the track.. It's widely known that it was Kovalainen that drove it back then, but did he take the same line as the stig? If so, then he took a different line than any of the other F1 drivers that have appeared on the show..

Ozodis said:

Actually the snowmobile-guy was from Sweden..

Karoug said:
Ozodis said:

Actually the snowmobile-guy was from Sweden..
In house Stig would not have been that mad/daring/experienced with snowmobiles - choose your own thought.