[Spy] 2007 Audi R8 (Audi's first supercar)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made In the USA said:
youngwarrior said:
Every publication was stating that the S3 will have 260hp. I always stated 260-270hp, its got 265hp so I win.
I hope your being sarcastic, because if not, then this is just plain sad.

youngwarrior said:
Still doubt me? :lol: :mrgreen:
Umm...yes I do. You act as if what you posted is stone cold facts. I especially like the fact that you didn't link your sources, trying to create the impression that you have some secret source out of Ingolstadt, but alas I will.

youngwarrior said:
Dont argue with me about audi's I will always be a step ahead of you.
Do you really think "Iceman" is a good source?

youngwarrior said:
Nice try but audi have just redisgned the 1.8T

[color=red said:
my source[/color]] Audi will present two new engines this fall. The first one will be a 1.8 TFSI and the second one a 2,8 lt V6 FSI with a system of variable valve timing (called ValveLift).

The Valvelift made it's debut in the engine of the Audi Roadjet Concept, whose 3,2 V6 FSI was able to develop 300 hp at 7.000 rpm and 330 Nm of torque at 4.500.
Funny, this is word for word what Yanis posted here at vwvortex.com with a link to this Eurocarblog.com article

youngwarrior said:
[color=red said:
my source[/color]]Audi has announced a new 1.8-liter turbo engine for the A3. We talked about it a couple of weeks ago, together with a 2.8 V6 FSI ValveLift, but now it's official: 160 PS; 250 Nm of torque; top speed of 220 km/h; 8,2 seconds from 0-100 km/h and a price about 500 ? higher compared to the A3 2.0 FSI.

This new turbo-charged engine will probably be present soon all over the Volkswagen-Audi Group's brands. According to Autoweek.nl it should become the base engine for the new TT.
I love how your "source" is verbatim this eurocarblog.com article

youngwarrior said:
[color=red said:
my source[/color]]the engine block will be based on the one of the US Jetta but most likely with 2.6 litre volume becorse it will also be based on the Audi 5.2 litre V10 FSI engine (FSI cylinderhead, piston's + rod's)
The mentioned power of the new 5 cylinder FSI turbo engine is 350 hp.
"AU-297" say that it will be called the TT-R and not TT-RS anymore.
There are corridor talks that say that the TT 265 hp 2.0 litre FSI K04 turbo will be called TT-QS (Quattro sport) and a TT 302 hp VR6 FSI TT-S.
Also there will be a base FWD TT with a 1.8T FSI engine with 170-180 hp by the end of 2006 and a 2.0T FSI Quattro (200-220 hp) early 2007.
I found this exact quote here the 11th comment on a Spanish TT fan site. It looks to be partially cut a pasted from Iceman's post fifth down here at tt-forum.co.uk(you will need to register for tt-forum.co.uk to view the threads). And going by the name "AU-297," (not only the model # for the MKI Audi TT, it is also the screen name of a member of various Audi forums) it is probably the same "Hans" and "AU-297" from the audiworld.com and vwvortex.com forums or one of the other forums in that family. By the way, head over to here at audiworld.com/forums, and you can see what "AU-297" thinks of one of your "sources," "Iceman"
AU-297 said:
When I was in the U.K TT and RS6.com forums and he was claiming to have a designer sketch of the Mk2 TT (about 9 months ago, give or take). I called him out on it! As all he did was flip out a A3 sportback designer sketch and photoshop it to a coupe. People actually believed him. To this day people at these forums actually believe he has a inside source!

youngwarrior said:
[color=red said:
my source[/color]]There is even a possibility that there will be two 5 cylinder turbo engines in the pipeline for the TT

1) 2.5/2.6 litre R5 FSI K03 turbo 280 hp. (small turbo low boost)
2) 2.5/2.6 litre R5 FSI K04 turbo 350 hp. (bigger turbo higher boost)
Well this looks to be the work of Iceman third post down the page here over at RS6.com

Does anyone else see a pattern forming?

Oh do you want to know where "Iceman" recieved his info about the 5 cylinder engine try here...
[url=http://www.tt-forum.co.uk/ttforumbbs/viewtopic.php?t=63501&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=high+boost&start=0 said:
Iceman tt-forum.co.uk[/url]]A Guy on German Motor-talk say that his mate working by Audi "Technische Entwicklung, abteilung Aggregate-Fahrwerksaufbau"
is bolding together 260 hp 5 cylinder engines for the new TT.
Also a stronger 340 hp version is in development but not yet approved hey say.

Hans.
...So he heard it from a guy, who heard it from another guy. That is rock solid. :roll:

But this is where is gets real sad real quick...
youngwarrior said:
[color=red said:
my source[/color]]2.5 litre 5 cylinder Tech Highlights.

The 2.5-liter five-cylinder is developed by the same man who designed Lamborghini's thrilling V-10. Unfortunately, the 2.5-liter is not the Gallardo's V-10 cut in half.
Neither is it simply Audi's familiar four-cylinder cast-iron block with an extra cylinder tacked onto the end.
In fact, all three engines are part of the same extended family, as indicated by their shared 82.5mm bore and 92.8mm stroke.
The five-cylinder approach was an easy, inexpensive way to provide more displacement. Besides, Audi has plenty of experience making five-cylinder engines smooth and reliable.
To minimize the increase in length caused by the additional cylinder, Audi engineers moved the drive chain for the overhead cams from the front of the engine to the back.
This move also prevents torsional vibrations in the crankshaft from affecting valve timing.
That change also makes it possible for the new engine to use one Lamborghini part?the aluminum-alloy 20-valve cylinder head found on one bank of the Gallardo's V-10.
This greatly improves the engine's breathing combined with variable intake-valve timing.
Your source must get around, first on eurocarblog.com, then to various car forums around the internet, and now all the way to Car and Driver report on the new Jetta :lol:

youngwarrior said:
[color=red said:
my source[/color]]The new generation Audi TT will be soon offered with an optional diesel engine, according to Automotive News. Although there is no official statement it is believed that the engine used will be the brand bew 2.0 lt TDI with 170 hp output. Both DSG and manual gearboxes will be available.
I see we threw in some more of copying verbatim Yanis's thread over at vwvortex.com with a link to Leftlanenews.com article

What a nice pattern you have. Why are you trying to be so secretive about what you know and from where you know it? Why not post links like everyother normal person here does? Why the need for people to think you have some sort of backroom knowledge?

By the way, here is a free hint, if you want to try fooling people again, you should edit what you quote more carefully, leaving things in such as "according to Automotive news" and "According to Autoweek.nl" are huge hints that you are full of shit.

And yes I do still doubt you. Although I have found there to be quite a bit of talk out there of the possibility of a new top of the range 5 cylinder turbo engine, until more information is released and from more offical sources, the rumors and talk about the new engine will be just that...rumors and talk.
[url=http://forums.audiworld.com/tt2/msgs/1003.phtml said:
AU-297 at audiworld.com/forums][/url]John... this is Iceman... he fishes around the net and claims he has a inside source...when in fact he has nothing but a bunch of assumptions. The UK guys and the RS6.com guys listen to him... but in reality he just recycles info and claims it as his own. Sad.
Funny how you are doing the exact same thing...sad indeed. :no:

:lol: How long did that take you :lmao:

1. I dont go to vwvortex
2. I have no idea who iceman is.
3. Thanks for the euro carblog link, didnt know about that site and now I have some nice new graphs.
4. Do you know where car and driver got that info from? Its called a press release straight from VAG :lmao:
5. You still havent proved me wrong, I proved you wrong, (I dont know what your are arguing about now) on that audi is developing a 2.5 5cyl engine for the TT and that the 2.0T FSI is NOT going to be the base engine in the TT. :lmao:

Really you havent proved anything, and my word on audi's>>>>you word on audis. :mrgreen: :lmao:

^ :lol:

okies, stop flaming about that macho bs-hatch that probably never will be out like you two claim. consentrate on the sporty R8 and it's TT-on-steroids-look and it's possible engines.

youngwarrior said:
:lol: How long did that take you :lmao:
Google will set you free. Copyed and pasted each of your quotes and wouldn't you know it they all came up.

youngwarrior said:
1. I dont go to vwvortex
Well...either you do or your highly touted "sources" does, because what you quoted and what was posted are word for word.
youngwarrior said:
4. Do you know where car and driver got that info from? Its called a press release straight from VAG :lmao:
Nice try but the Car and Driver article has an author, "Greg N. Brown", who if you pressed any of the links to the rest of the pages of that Car and Driver article would find he works for C&D and when you Google him you will also find that he is a automotive journalist and correspondent for various websites, Edmonds, NewCarTestDrive.com, etc... He may have gotten his stats and figures from VAG, but you or your "source" plagiarized him word for word what he published. Either way, you tried to pass off the tech highlights of the new Jetta engine as the the tech highlights of a new engine Audi is developing...oh...I mean your "source" did...sorry about the mix up.

Anyway, I am tired of this, each quote from your "source" is copied straight from various web forums, I don't know why you are trying to doubt that fact. Whatever dream world you want to continue to live in, by all means stay there. As for me, I am done with trying to have a reasonable conversation back by credible information, which you have provided neither.

I actually had the pleasure of seeng this car hee in arizona. it was probably hot weather testing. I saw it the one time i didnt have the camera.... goddammit.... the things you see when you dont have a camera. It was parked next to a new TT (also disguised) at the macaroni grill of all places... I guess audi test drivers are hingry sometimes too.... It was especially stange cause ive never seen a test car here before and havent since (may 20th or so). Any way thought you guys maybe a little interested.

Fine, I'll bite...
youngwarrior said:
maybe its my source that leaks the info young man? ;) :D
What is the color of the sky in your world?

This eurocarblog.com article and Yanis's thread over at vwvortex.com link the Autoweek.nl and leftlanenews.com articles respectively, as their sources for the information they posted which you quoted verbatim as your "source." Who do you think you are fooling?

By the way, do you even read what you quote before you copy and paste it?
youngwarrior said:
[color=red said:
my source[/color]]Audi has announced a new 1.8-liter turbo engine for the A3. We talked about it a couple of weeks ago, together with a 2.8 V6 FSI ValveLift, but now it's official: 160 PS; 250 Nm of torque; top speed of 220 km/h; 8,2 seconds from 0-100 km/h and a price about 500 ? higher compared to the A3 2.0 FSI.

This new turbo-charged engine will probably be present soon all over the Volkswagen-Audi Group's brands. According to Autoweek.nl it should become the base engine for the new TT.
"We talked about it a couple of weeks ago...." So your "source" talk a couple weeks ago about it too, also linking another eurocarblog.com article and then leaked it to eurocarblog.com who then published it word for word, yeah that makes sense. :roll:

youngwarrior said:
[color=red said:
my source[/color]]The new generation Audi TT will be soon offered with an optional diesel engine, according to Automotive News. Although there is no official statement it is believed that the engine used will be the brand bew 2.0 lt TDI with 170 hp output. Both DSG and manual gearboxes will be available.

I've have mentioned this before, I guess you choose not to read that part, but here it is again; to fool people you really should have deleted what is highlighted in orange, those are big hints that your "source" isn't a source at all, he/she/you recycles what others publish, gather a bunch of assumptions (that others have made) and then claim you have a "source"...pathetic.

You guys are obviously too hardheaded to ever convince each other, and the rest of us can obviously draw our own conclusions from your original posts (or more likely don't give a damn in the first place), so that means you are arguing and making ridiculously long posts for....

(drumroll)

..... NOBODY!

As SL65 said, just cut it out already.

The rest of us want to read about what people think about the R8 without sifting through your random arguments about the so called source for info about an engine that isn't going in the R8 in the first place.

Guys, your arguement is fitting you both for this position:

http://img207.imageshack.**/img207/6599/youwinfz6.jpg

Don't bother making another, long, drawn-out post again because I will delete it ;)

This is the Audi R8 thread and no competeing members are going to ruin it for normal members.

lol I cant wait for the R8, only over a month to go now. They better make that 600bhp bi turbo version like the audi boss promised. Also audi say that the final version will be sportier, than the concept. :thumbsup:

Okay now I'm going to attack you, not Made In the USA - When did Audi say that the final version will be "sportier" than the concept?

lol I read it somewhere. Looks like im gonna have to dig up yet ANOTHER article. Why is it so hard to belive? And why would I make it up?

No you don't need to dig up 'yet another article' because I, unlike Made In the USA, will take your word on it, dispite you being far from what generally consider being a 'reliable source'.

You should, at minimum, make reference to where ever you're getting material from regarding these claims you so often make. That way, people can take you seriously when you state something and you won't get into all this drama in the future.

Anyway - back to the R8..... :roll:

youngwarrior said:
lol I cant wait for the R8, only over a month to go now. They better make that 600bhp bi turbo version like the audi boss promised. Also audi say that the final version will be sportier, than the concept. :thumbsup:
Concepts are supposed to be extreme so I'd be suprised if the final version is more sporty, but I'm not gonna doubt what you've read.

i hope the R8 interior will look half as good as the concept's

http://img333.imageshack.**/img333/3064/lm05sy7.jpg
:woot:

but i know it's going to look nothing like that

peter3hg2 said:
youngwarrior said:
Concepts are supposed to be extreme so I'd be suprised if the final version is more sporty, but I'm not gonna doubt what you've read.

Yeah thats usually the case but I think because we saw the concept a couple years back audi would have to make it sportier to keep interest in the vehicle. Lets hope they havent ruined it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.