Need help distinguishing a Ferrari Testarossa

wooflepoof said:
Thats like saying the 550 and 575 are the same car

No it isn't. You're trying to tell me that a 512TR isn't a Testarossa. Just look at the pictures you posted. It indeed is. They're the same basic car except the 512 has minor changes, whether it be new wheels, mirrors, or a retuned motor.

It's the same case with the 360/CS and the 550/575. Yeah, they're different but not in the way you're inferring. They're not brand new cars.

Tobias said:
wooflepoof said:

No it isn't. You're trying to tell me that a 512TR isn't a Testarossa. Just look at the pictures you posted. It indeed is. They're the same basic car except the 512 has minor changes, whether it be new wheels, mirrors, or a retuned motor.

It's the same case with the 360/CS and the 550/575. Yeah, they're different but not in the way you're inferring. They're not brand new cars.
Im trying to say its not CALLED a testarossa. the 512TR was unveiled at the LA autoshow in i think '92 AS the new 512TR not the new testarossa

edit: I even said myself all they changed was the powertain, looks and wheels. they still decided to NOT call it "the new testarossa"

wooflepoof said:
Tobias said:
wooflepoof said:

Im trying to say its not CALLED a testarossa. the 512TR was unveiled at the LA autoshow in i think '92 AS the 512TR not the testarossa
No one fucking said it was called a Testarossa, I don't think we're illiterate enough to not be able to read the badging on the things. All we've been saying is that they're all technically Testarossas under the badges.

Christ... Sometimes I wonder about people.

skaternick said:
wooflepoof said:
Tobias said:
wooflepoof said:

Im trying to say its not CALLED a testarossa. the 512TR was unveiled at the LA autoshow in i think '92 AS the 512TR not the testarossa
No one fucking said it was called a Testarossa, I don't think we're illiterate enough to not be able to read the badging on the things. All we've been saying is that they're all technically Testarossas under the badges.

Christ... Sometimes I wonder about people.

Tobias said:
amdforever said:
This is a 512 TR, not a Testarossa.

It's still a Testarossa, albeit an updated version. TR stands for Testarossa.

^it looked an awful lot like he was calling it the testarossa, not 'techinally a testarossa under the badge'

Ok, fine. The car isn't a Testarossa. It's a brand new "TR." I'm sure the the letters "TR" have no significance at all. They don't stand for anything.

Tobias said:
Ok, fine. The car isn't a Testarossa. It's a brand new "TR." I'm sure the the letters "TR" have no significance at all. They don't stand for anything.

512TR :)

well, then i dont see why they would abbreviate testarossa to TR if they didnt want people to say "TR" or see it as a not new car

EDIT: btw we've been calling itr the 512M it should be the F512M

512M
1970-Zeltweg-512M-bis.jpg

Guys, no offense, but you've all answered my question. No need to argue anything here. I just wanted to know about the mirror issue, and you guys have answered me. Really. Whether it's called the Testarossa, or the 512TR, it doesn't really matter. As long as it's a Ferrari then it's good!! (I was just wondering how could a guy in his early-mid-30's be driving such a nice and expensive car :x :p )

the 512M was a very weird looking Ferrari. It takes a bunch of different styling cues from various other Ferraris and just throws em together

http://img214.imageshack.**/img214/4831/1995ferrari512mfalrlx0.jpg

This is the dumbest thread in Finalgear history.

Seriously, step away from the computer! ;)