Lens Flair

^ who are you , why do you have shadows avatar and there is 1 pic per day rule

thats not shadow's avatar, its just very similar. ;)
but the one pic per day rule should be obeyed, even if the pics are very good. :)

wow everyone has been posting some great action pics.

Voodoo... how did you do that camero shot?

I know I'm degrading the quality of this thread by posting pics... but hey... I dont care, i moved and i needed to show it.

http://img54.imageshack.**/img54/2246/hslcpc6.jpg
My Medical school. University fo Wisconsin - Madison.

AxlxA said:
Voodoo... how did you do that camero shot?

camero shot?

Assuming it's the last photo I posted, I sat in the back seat of the C4S and leaned out and to the side setting the camera a bit low and the lens at 10mm. You need to hang on real tight to the camera though, you don't wanna drop $1400 worth of kit. I think the results were worth it though. I got a few good ones.

lben said:
mattv: What kind of plane is that? It's quite short and stubby.

It is a Commonwealth Aircraft Corporation CA-13 Boomerang from WW2

The shot was taken from ground level with a 300mm (480mm equ.), so I guess that he was quite low.

I have about 200 other shots including 4 FA-18s flying in formation.

Here is what it sounds like

http://www.boomerang-flight.com/flypast.mp3

Matt

The panning turned out quite well flamingice! Careful though, it gets addictive :)

And it's almost a new day so here is a quick change of pace (I'll get back to the rest of the porsche photos later :p ):

IMG_1368_DxO_raw.jpg

^ :thumbsup: I like it

V0od0o, damn that is f*/?˘ckin cool dude!! :shock:

voodoo.... did you have a polarizer on that wide angle?

Dude, it seems like hte last ... many shots... where done with a wide. You make me sick! Now i have to come up at $700 to buy one.

Been practicing photoshop a bit lately and thought I'd finally get this picture done as I had intended in the first place. It's composed of two exposures, one for the rocks at the bottom of the picutre and one to correctly expose the sky and city. Quite pleased with the results.

Vancouver05.jpg

AxlxA said:
voodoo.... did you have a polarizer on that wide angle?

Dude, it seems like hte last ... many shots... where done with a wide. You make me sick! Now i have to come up at $700 to buy one.

Thanks guys! That's on top of Mount Si, a few miles from here. A 4 mile hike up (4100 feet elevation) and then around 400 feet of rock climbing gets you there. But it was worth it, I was looking down at the city and saw a chopper flying! I am used to looking up to see choppers, it was so cool.

Yeah I had a polarizer on it. I rented it again this weekend for a hike and the porsche shoot.
Don't feel bad, I still have to come up with $800 myself to buy the lens + lens hood + polarizer (the 77mm polarizer is around $100 :cry: )

Shadowness said:
Great pic ArosaMike, perfectly exposed and I like the composition too. Awesome photo :thumbsup:

Thanks :) After reading a load of stuff about CS2 I'm trying to experiment with Bracketing and pan shots. The photomerge on CS2 is a massively impressive tool. Gonna take some shots of Birmingham over the next couple of weeks. Will experiment with some tilt and wierd angles. Let's hope the weather holds out though!

Great picture of the mini too btw :) Works really well in B&W