"Do you kill Iraqi children?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no illusions about the horrors of war, and I am certainly not in favor of war except as a last resort. I disagree with the decision to go to war in Iraq but that decision has been made and there's no taking it back. So now that we're there let's try to find some good that can come of it. I'm not saying that these are good reasons to go to war, but I am trying to find the positive here. There will be some good that comes of this conflict if we let it.

As for the pinpoint weapons, you've again missed the point even though I've explained it a couple times, please go back and re-read what I already posted. I'm not in favor of using these munitions, but if we are going to drop bombs lets use this techology to minimize civilian casualties. Remember who is using schools and hospitals for military operations, it's not us.

My indifference is not towards those in the war zone, it's towards the ignornant comments posted here. Someone said that the US has the most horrific prisons anywhere in the world. There was no souces cited, no reaoning to back up the opinion - that is what I was attacking. If this is what get's your knickers in a knot then maybe this thread isn't for you.

I guess I'm disgusting for wanting someone to justify their opinion before I accept it as true. That's fine with me, I assume then that you just believe everything that is written - or are you going after me because you disagree with other things I have said? I have taken a moderate position. I oppose the war. I'm not willing to condem all soldiers as "baby killers and rapists" - that is an extreme position, and an impossible one.

This what you bring? Your petty annoyances at my dismissal of a ludicous and unsubstantiated position? Excuse the hell out of me for critically analyzing people's posts in a political debate.

Go center your Chi or something.

Un-Dee said:
Blind_Io said:
*audible shrug*

Sorry, but if you're talking out of your ass then I'm going to call you on it. If there was a well thought out rational train of thought there I would have addressed it, but there wasn't. At least I make an attempt to explain my reasoning and back up my opinions, tranceshakeel is just tossing around groundless and false accusations. They don't deserve anything more than "back it up with facts or shut up."

If it's only borderline insulting I guess I need to try harder. Perhaps some comments about maternal heritage?

I originally planned to stay out of this thread but it just makes my hair standing on end.

WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?

Seriously, instead of insulting everyone who doesn't agree with your weird opinions, maybe go out in the garden and throw stones at playing kids or something. I can't believe the complacence you are showing here. That is a first in human history.
I don't bother talking to people who are of different opinion or even straight impolite, but talking to you I have to say: People like you really deserve being in a war some time, having bullets flying around your fat ass and then talking about how great it is and how superior american weapons in general are and boo-ya. I can't believe people are sitting on their desk chairs at home showing such a bucket of self-justice, showing no respect at all for human life and telling everyone else how to take on a discussion.

You sir, are disgusting.

Do yourself and a your country a favor and THINK about what you're saying really means. You will find a lot more friends in the world if you do.

I dont see a problem with what Blind Io is saying. He has good reason to be upset - generalizations about the profession his family has performed for some time, and every time he posts a cogent response to something someone has said, all he gets back is a snide remark with about 10% truth behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.