TVR Sagaris vs. Ferrari F430

TVR Sagaris vs. Ferrari F430

• TVR Sagaris

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I have read reviews of F430 in CD (or was it RT) where they claim they got it to 60 in 3.4.

I like the TVR more because of its visual impact.

I am with zenkidori. I absolutely love Ferraris, but the Sagaris has an appeal to my psychotic side that makes me want it...
AND cars are more than 0-60 times and times around tracks.
Who knows? I have never drove those cars, but judging by reviews, the TVR seems to be more raw.

I think what our beloved Jeremy Clarkson said about the Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder applies here as well:

"You drive a Ferrari with a rather serious expression on your face. You drive one of these grinning like you technically may be an idiot...Sure, you're going to get people coming up to you saying 'hmm, you could've gone around that corner .oh oh oh three seconds faster if you'd had a Ferrari.' And I don't care!"

If you want to be all serious about going fast and talking about taking the proper racing line to shave off .001 seconds off your lap at Lime Rock Park, the Ferrari is a good match. But if you just want to have a laff going really fast, sideways, with your pants on fire, then the TVR's for you.

I dunno about that, he was giggling like a little bitch when he was driving the F430.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/84364/ferrari_f430/

"It's epic"
"Isn't anything less than spectacular"
"Oh my god!"
"Just staggering"
"Ahhhhhh I can't tell you how good this feels!"
"Very possibly the greatest driving machine ever made"

And other random orgasmic sounds, along with a healthy dose of sideways driving. Also, that whole review was done in 'Race' mode, which doesn't give the absolute potential of the car, that being only attainable in CST off mode.

As much as i like the Ferrari, but the TVR is a quirky, relatively cheap, lightweight rocket.
and according to clarkson the guy who did the suspension work was the same guy who did the suspension work on the Noble.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QCGhRHHvQYQ

that's the vid if anyone needs a reminder (he's got some orgasmic sounds in this one too ;) )

skaternick said:
I'm the one who's been having the discussion with him, I think I know what I'm talking about. We had been talking about nothing but speed, with him saying how 3.6 was faster than 3.7 so Sagaris FTW or whatever, and then I said the F430 is faster around a proper track so F430 FTW. Topic: Speed.
actually, we aren't talking about speed numbers. I'm not anyway. I was just pointing out that the Ferrari is officially in the 4s for 0-60 and the TVR is in the mid 3s range. Someone had stated otherwise.

I don't give a flying fuck about laptimes, it's going to be quick in either car, but I think the TVR would be more fun to drive, and that's the point really.

you buy a racecar if you want to go fast and make good lap times. I don't think I would ever enter that car in a serious race, so I couldn't care much less about how the Ferrari may or may not be faster, it's about fun, and insanity.

I love the Ferrari, no doubt, but between these two it would have to be the Sagaris. I mean, the Pirelli film really says it all..
It is so bad, in such a good way :mrgreen:

I'm not a race driver, so I don't really care which one could go faster around a track.

If the devil wears Prada, I would imagine it would drive the F430

skaternick said:
I don't have an obsession with interiors, but I'd rather my car not be falling apart while I'm driving it.

this coming from the guy who defends the Z06 :lol:

The sagaris is basically europes Z06 except we pay alot less for it.

skaternick said:
The Z06 interior doesn't fall apart while driving. There's a big difference between cheap-ish materials, and shit ass build quality.
But the roof falls off... :p

Really, the Sagars' interior build quality isn't bad, it was the Tuscan that 5th Gear drove where a knob fell off, and that was in a well used/abused press car. Pluss, those early cars tend to be smacked together much quicker and is therefore not on the same quality level as the product that customers will actually buy. There is also a very important point about the Speed Six and general reliability of TVRs, it changed dramatically with the mk2 version of the Tuscan as well as the Sagaris, add to that every car comes with a three year warranty.

Have you ever been in a TVR? I've been in a Tuscan in a dealership some years ago, and the quality and craftmanship that goes into the interior eclipses most other cars out there, there is high quality (hand...!) finishing to all knobs and swiches. There is also leather and alcantara everywhere, you'll find more plastics in a Ferrari... (Sagaris, Tuscan mk2, Tuscan Roadster) So going off at the TVR for it's interior is rather questionable at best, the styling might not be to everyones taste, but the quality/craftmanship is simply astonishing at that price level...

During the Top Gear review, there were body panels that looked ready to take flight they were flapping around so much...

But anyways, I'm rather sick of going back and forth about a car I'll never have a real chance to own (yay for North America), so I'm just going to stop here.

And for the record, I like the Sagaris (as I said a while back in this thread), quite a bit actually. If I already had an F430 in my stables, I'd gladly get a Sagaris to go along with it for those rather special days when I just feel like driving something...'different'.

skaternick said:
The Z06 interior doesn't fall apart while driving. There's a big difference between cheap-ish materials, and shit ass build quality.

so the roof off the Z06 doesnt fly off? The rear axle doesnt break? The Z06 doesnt suffer from wheel hop? The Z06 doesnt suffer from shit engine compnents? The Z06 doesnt attempt to eat its own cold air feed after a couple hard laps round a track?

And the sagaris is alot cheaper than that Z06.

Oh and the Z06 has just recieved a 5grand price increase for the next model year? Ask GM what improvemnets they have made on the car to justify this, and the answer back is...................... A bigger glovebox :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lmao: :lmao: :bangin:

youngwarrior said:
Oh and the Z06 has just recieved a 5grand price increase for the next model year? Ask GM what improvemnets they have made on the car to justify this, and the answer back is...................... A bigger glovebox :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lmao: :lmao: :bangin:

supply and demand, dude, supply and demand.

youngwarrior said:
Gotta have somewhere to put your beef jerky and your Quarter Pounders or whatever we fat, dumb Americans are supposed to be eating anyway. ;)

BlaRo said:
youngwarrior said:
Gotta have somewhere to put your beef jerky and your Quarter Pounders or whatever we fat, dumb Americans are supposed to be eating anyway. ;)

Dont forget sticks of butter and tubs of Lard-O brand lard. I hear they have ranch flavor now.