Fookin' French!

an elephant can swim,
and a gorilla is a type of monkey

you're probably right about bats, forgot about them

wooflepoof said:
mamels (besides monkeys, giraffes and men), dogs can swim,
elephants, bats, gorillas...
...French people... :p

swek's right, though, this isn't something you can blame all Frenchies on.

Why not? I blame the French when I can't find my keys.

So thats whose keys these are!

Could someone call France and get my keys back?

IVIaster said:
Blind_Io said:
Why not? I blame the French when I can't find my keys.

I always blame the americans for that :p
SOme reason I always blame female genitalia which is a bit weird...

I'm not sure what to say. If it's illegal than of course the fisherman should be prosecuted for it, but than if the bait works, brilliant! Cats and dogs are not viewed with the same standards outside North America. This news is actually from last year.

JoeBlo1 said:
Cats and dogs are not viewed with the same standards outside North America.
I assume you mean in some places outside North America, since there are plenty of other places in the world where cats and dogs are viewed with similar standards.

Besides even if it was legal, that doesn't make it morally right (and I know morality is subjective).

Vette Boss said:
I don't see how they can do that to the dogs. When I see a dog, it's seen as a furry and loving companion, not fish bait.

That's the thing, not everyone was raised to believe dogs are furry and loving companions. Not to say they should be mistreated but dogs aren't given the same status in some countries (either raised as pets or cooked to perfection in some Asian countries) :lol: . Those dogs probably shouldn't be used as bait as a result of legal and moral issues but I won't lose sleep over it.

Humans and animals are completely different. Animals are just that - animals - and they should never be considered equal to humans.

JoeBlo1 said:
Vette Boss said:
I don't see how they can do that to the dogs. When I see a dog, it's seen as a furry and loving companion, not fish bait.

That's the thing, not everyone was raised to believe dogs are furry and loving companions. Not to say they should be mistreated but dogs aren't given the same status in some countries (either raised as pets or cooked to perfection in some Asian countries) :lol: . Those dogs probably shouldn't be used as bait as a result of legal and moral issues but I won't lose sleep over it.

Humans and animals are completely different. Animals are just that - animals - and they should never be considered equal to humans.

I understand your point, and I don't consider dogs or any animal as human. But there are certain things which just aren't appropriate to do with animals. I would disapprove just as much if they were using pigs. Only humans are allowed to eat pigs. :p

JoeBlo1 said:
Vette Boss said:

Thing is though - it's people doing things like this that make me think humans are a lot worse than other animals...

JoeBlo1 said:
You're right, I have much more respect for animals. :lol:

ESPNSTI said:
JoeBlo1 said:

x2, and we should protect the animals from the beasts

JoeBlo1 said:

You are HERE:

http://img247.imageshack.**/img247/5836/phylotreebt9.gif

Humans are mamals and are part of the animal kingdom. Your dog wants steak.

bone said:
ESPNSTI said:
JoeBlo1 said:

x2, and we should protect the animals from the beasts

Well said :thumbsup:

I attended a reading by author Yann Martel (Life of Pi book) once and he mentioned something interesting about bullfighting in Spain. There are always a group of protestors (mostly Americans) who try to ban bullfighting because of its 'cruelty to animals'. As you know, a bull is impaled to death for fun by a matador. Yann Martel was ridiculing these people for protesting the slaughter of bulls for entertainment even when they had no problems eating hamburgers at McDonald's. This struck a nerve with me, because here are individuals against killing a few 'male cows' in front of hundreds of people but completely disregard the slaughtering of millions of cows behind closed doors.

People today 'anthromorphosize' their pets by thinking they are part of their family. That's BS.

JoeBlo1 said:
I attended a reading by author Yann Martel (Life of Pi book) once and he mentioned something interesting about bullfighting in Spain. There are always a group of protestors (mostly Americans) who try to ban bullfighting because of its 'cruelty to animals'. As you know, a bull is impaled to death for fun by a matador. Yann Martel was ridiculing these people for protesting the slaughter of bulls for entertainment even when they had no problems eating hamburgers at McDonald's. This struck a nerve with me, because here are individuals against killing a few 'male cows' in front of hundreds of people but completely disregard the slaughtering of millions of cows behind closed doors.

People today like 'anthromorphosizing' their animals and thinking they are part of their family. That's BS.
well put :thumbsup:

JoeBlo1 said:
Wouldn't you think that a (usually) quick death for a purpose (like slaughtering a cow), is rather different than slow prolonged death with lots of suffering only for the purpose of entertainment?
JoeBlo1 said:
People today 'anthromorphosize' their pets by thinking they are part of their family. That's BS.
Why? Should people view pets as inanimate property that they can abuse at will then?

I certainly anthropomorphize my pets, but a cow is not my pet, it's dinner. An animal as a pet indicates there is a relationship that exists, and having had 3 dogs over the years I certainly think that's true. When I call home I ask about the family, my friends and my dogs; and not always in that order.