• Old intro + new studio design

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New intro + new studio design

• Don't care

• Total voters

niccce

Ok, it's quite clear for me that the below looks most like whining and there's nothing i can do with it ( the show ) afterall. Nevertheless i would like to have your opinion at least, leave alone someone from the production team taking this into account. Kindof disclaimer that is.

So. The latest 8 series was a change for the worse in my opinion, let's hope it'll lead to breathtaking series 9.

Overall negative trends :

1] lack of news, quite some blatantly made up jokes during those. Witnessing for tg, there actually were not that many car news, but most car magazines still managed to do well. I wonder if testing some accessories would help, like they did before.

2] lack of car tests, but there actually were not that many new cars.

3] lack of cool wall, no extra walls like crock/future classic, do we want it in uk or not ( bins ), etc

On the plus side :

1) as regards the challenges, most of them were brilliant, but there was "too much" overall feeling, features need precise time balancing.

2) radio show bit - brilliant.

3) Camerawork and picture quality get better and better. I fail for words to describe how good it is time to time. Better than many professional dslr stills.

then top gear dog - i really see no point. but it doesn't annoy me at all, i don't really care :)

and finally some poll.

i think we already had something about this, but anyway:
in the old TG you got a feeling that they were a bunch of yobs that broke into some hanger and took over the nearby airstrip to turn it into a race track. with the new one it just feels too organized, it's lost a lot of the feel the old format had. TG has grown up, and that's not a good thing.

The new intro is better. Reminds me of the old Top Gear intro. So a blend of past and present. Honestly though, I don't people criticising the lack of reviews. There were only one or two episodes of teh last series that felt lacking (caravan holiday and one other, can't remember). Seems like most everyone is making too big a deal over nothing really.

One thing folks, you dont watch top gear for a proper car review/road test because they are rubbish at it! You watch top gear for the hilarious factor. For a proper road test watch fifth gear

New intro + old studio design

AZZA said:
One thing folks, you dont watch top gear for a proper car review/road test because they are rubbish at it! You watch top gear for the hilarious factor. For a proper road test watch fifth gear
I wouldn't say they are rubbish. They produce very very good reviews just possibly with a few too may personal opinions for a proper review.

I can't really tell a very big difference between old and new studios. I know there are displays around, but...

Viper007Bond said:
New intro + old studio design
x2, the new intro rocks but the new studio feels like they're trying too hard.

The old studio was too dark compared to this new one... personally I like it when I can see more on the screen than JC and his bald spot during the news. :bangin: :woot:

what exactly is different about the new studio? Its a little bit bigger and has the Toyota and Mini and some other things up on pedestals....anything else? Because I honestly couldn't tell that much of a difference really.

bwkrupp said:
what exactly is different about the new studio? Its a little bit bigger and has the Toyota and Mini and some other things up on pedestals....anything else? Because I honestly couldn't tell that much of a difference really.
It is brighter. 8)

Well as for the intro+studio I rather like the new ones. As for the show, it certainly lost some of it's old charm...nothing I can really put my finger on as I don't care about proper reviews when it come to TG,but as Jazza puts it...it's that X factor that is still there, but it shines much less these days.
Maybe it's because it's all scripted :shock: *insert bash here*

The new intro looks like the intro from Cowboy Bebop, and thus precludes me from disliking it in any way. 8)

I like the old intro but the new studio is nice with all the past cars they have destroyed or bastadized.

omarmakki said:
I think both the intro and the new studio are much better and up to date.
However, what I don't like is the HUGE number of the audience. I think that they are way too much!
If they hadn't made it bigger the wait for tickets would have grown stupidly, its already at 2 years.

I think there trying to be like FG with the whole orginised thing, its lost abit of its old charm, new intro is good though

New intro and new studio, I quite like having the Hilux and Mini there as a reminder of how good this show can be. I feel that the content has waned a little bit this season though. Standouts were the Amphibi-car, the Catterham Challenge (although the ending was a tad sad) and teaching Captain Slow to drive.

Top Gear Dog - I don't see the point but it doesn't detract from the show. Visuals are absolutely stunning.

I don't care about the studio or the intro. But I do agree with some of the points mentioned. Its not that I want them to do serious road tests, but they imao have to do more than this season. The challenges seem a bit forced - maybe three four each season would be Ok but every show is a bit much.
And Iam bothered by Hammond trying to overshadow/being pushed by producers over JM. The parts in the show should be more equally distributed. Otherwise it was not a bad season, just a bit on the boring side. And I love Top gear dog - it so pointless it has a bit oh Flying circuss feel ;)

Mercury said:
Well as for the intro+studio I rather like the new ones. As for the show, it certainly lost some of it's old charm...nothing I can really put my finger on as I don't care about proper reviews when it come to TG,but as Jazza puts it...it's that X factor that is still there, but it shines much less these days.
Maybe it's because it's all scripted :shock: *insert bash here*
I can give you an example. :p
In the caravan episode when James says something like "this car feels weird" Jeremy replies "Its a KIA.... it's not a good car."

Why? Why is it bad give us some other sort of an example thanjust words. A Top Gear test used to be more than boring words. :p