F1 : 2007 calender

Devon

Car(s)
2008 MY09 Subaru Impreza RX
San Marino, Europe dropped for '07

30 August 2006

The FIA published the 2007 Formula One calendar on Tuesday morning. The San Marino and European Grands Prix have been dropped, while Belgium returns, making for a 17-race schedule.

The San Marino and European races were this year staged in Italy (Imola) and Germany (Nurgurgring) respectively - both countries that also have their own Grand Prix. The German round is now expected to alternate between Hockenheim and the Nurburgring, while the four-week gap in the calendar between Bahrain and Spain will doubtless lead to speculation that San Marino could yet be reinstated.

The Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne returns to its traditional role of season opener after moving to round three this year to avoid a clash with the Commonwealth Games. Meanwhile, the Japanese round will move from Suzuka to Fuji, the circuit which staged the country?s first Grand Prix back in 1976.

There are five sets of back-to-back races on the 2007 calendar: Malaysia and Bahrain in April; Canada and the US in June; France and Britain in July; Italy and Belgium in September; and China and Japan in September/October.

The full line-up is as follows:

Australia, March 18
Malaysia, April 08
Bahrain, April 15
Spain, May 13
Monaco, May 27
Canada, June 10
United States, June 17
France, July 01
United Kingdom, July 08
Germany, July 22
Hungary, August 05
Turkey, August 26
Italy, September 09
Belgium, September 16
China, September 30
Japan, October 07
Brazil, October 21

Source

Good to have Melbourne the season opener again :)

And I like back-to-back races....puts the pressure on the teams :evil:

fbc said:
Woot! Belgium's back!
It was on the calendar last year allso but... shit happens. I do hope they keep that race next year tho. Its a fantastic track and usually there are good races there... anyone remember 2000 Hakkinen vs. Schumi? Or the crash of 98 or was it 99 cant remember... :p

Many many beautiful memories from those races. :)

Hmm wasn't that Sato and Schumi thing in Canada at that hairpin? I might be wrong. But the Spa-Francorchamps curcuit is a great track! In 2005 it was raining so hopefully we'll have another wet track. I remember Ralf was in a good position for 3rd and then spun. Too bad.

ahhhh stupid! montreal is on the weekend of my birthday.. that sucks, doesnt look like i'll be going