I'm getting the Nikon D80!

hanasand

Despot
Just placed the order today on the brand new Nikon D80!

I probably won't get in before mid-september but hey, it's on it's way.
Ordered the Nikon SB-800 blitz (strong!) and a Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4.5 DC
as well as a 1 gb Sandisk Digital Extreme II SD-card.

Anyone else gettint the D80 ? I hear it's basically a D200 stuffed in a D50
case, which sounds to good to be true!

Planning on getting the Sigma 10-20mm later as well, has anyone had any experience with this lens?

Congrats! I wish it was available when I got my SLR, coz the D200 was just waaay to much! Yeh I hear its basically the main bits off the D200 in the D70 body, but with a lot better and more rigid build quality. I will look forward to seeing some pictures from it!
The SB-800 is an awesome bit of kit, you wont be dissapointed with that. I have one and it does everything you can think of!
I havent had any experience with the sigma wideangle lenses, im hoping to get either the 8mm or 15mm fisheye lens one day.

Re: I'm getting the Nikon D80!

hanasand said:
I hear it's basically a D200 stuffed in a D50
case, which sounds to good to be true!

That's a massive generalization, but whatever :).

The sigma 10-20 is a great lens, especially for the price!

Im jealous! I like my D50, but more to you for getting the D80! :thumbsup:

Shadowness said:
The SB-800 is an awesome bit of kit, you wont be dissapointed with that. I have one and it does everything you can think of!

For sure, I love my SB-800 and use it almost constantly, whether it be for indoor shooting or fill flash.

Ahhh, my D100 seems so old now, but I like it, it's got a real magnesium frame, not the plastic stuff in the d50 or d70 and all the imaging sensor bits are the exact same thing as the d70 and d50 so it's basically the same thing

hanasand:why you ditching canon? You had quite the nice rig of lenses with the 10d.