Stop being girls. This is driving fast.

No Boss said:
Wait.....when were we being girls?

When were were going less than 300km/h

I've only ever gone a max of 250 km/h :( I'm such a girl

No Boss said:

Well most of your sig looks pretty female to me... And if we aren't the secret girls into cars foundation I'm gonna eat my thong. I mean, I want a title, but I won't admit that I'm a girl, because "not a dude" is a no-go...

Buba said:
No Boss said:

Well most of your sig looks pretty female to me... And if we aren't the secret girls into cars foundation I'm gonna eat my thong. I mean, I want a title, but I won't admit that I'm a girl, because "not a dude" is a no-go...

Yeah well...uh... beer's for chicks!

And "Buba"... sounds like your overly pushing the fact you're a "guy".

/gonna go drive my Micra.

M3lover said:
If they are real, then don't forget that the speeds shown are indicated speeds. On some cars the speedometer can be quite inaccurate...

True true, especially at these speeds. Many people read the tach and then use gear ratio calculations to make a better approximation of the true speed.

I think BMW's are notorious for having the indicated speed higher than the actualy speed.

flamingice said:
M3lover said:
If they are real, then don't forget that the speeds shown are indicated speeds. On some cars the speedometer can be quite inaccurate...

True true, especially at these speeds. Many people read the tach and then use gear ratio calculations to make a better approximation of the true speed.

I think BMW's are notorious for having the indicated speed higher than the actualy speed.

I know most cars are usually about 5kph quicker on the speedo than it actually is... I've tried it before with a few cars and a GPS system (GPS is pretty much as accurate as it can get to measure right away in a moving car), seemed like it kept displaying it as 5kph slower... maybe manufacturers do this so people won't get those stupid tickets where you were 12kph over the limit...

ArosaMike said:
BlitzR said:
Thats M3's redline is still at 4000RPM

Occurred to anyone else that's the startup routine? The red line is at 4k till the engines warmed up!
Occured to me as well.

M3lover said:

they are about +-4 to 5% off at high speed

Aka said:
I recall on my Dads Ford Focus that if you hold the tripometer reset in, you can goto a function that swings all the needles through their full motion, looks neat. I wish my car did that everytime I started it. You could probably do that to take a picture like this, then take a picture again with all the needles where they should be, then splice the picture together.

Mostly I say this because having someone stick a camera between your steering wheel while you're doing 400 km/h is retarded.

Edit: lol fixed a stupid error... odometer reset....

yeah well... but from all the bad quality pics, i'd assume they are taken with cellphone cameras or something, the passenger prob took the pic of the speedometre.

fake or not, i think its pretty cool that the a road car like M5/M6 can do 330kph and still not revving into the redline

No Boss said:

when everyone drives slower than 200mph :lol:

andyhui01 said:
flamingice said:
M3lover said:

I know most cars are usually about 5kph quicker on the speedo than it actually is... I've tried it before with a few cars and a GPS system (GPS is pretty much as accurate as it can get to measure right away in a moving car), seemed like it kept displaying it as 5kph slower... maybe manufacturers do this so people won't get those stupid tickets where you were 12kph over the limit...

anecdotally i have heard that US DOT will fine manufacturers if their speedos read low (ie you are going faster than the speedo reads) so manufacturers err on the high side (ie you are going slower than the speedo reads)

havent ever found confirmation of this, but it sounds plausible.

MadCow809 said:
they are about +-4 to 5% off at high speed
the speedo will never show -5% because its in fact mandatory that the speedo shows a higher speed than whats actually true.

due to the fact that with slightly different sized tyres, the speedo would have to be recalibrated everytime you change tyres in order to show the true speed, they always read a bit too much.
as long as its too much its allright, because you won't get fined fir driving a little too slow...but imagine speedos would show a little less...lots of people would get caught speeding and then the manufacturer would have to pay for the fines because he supplied the speedo that showed less...

that "old bugatti" one isnt really going that speed. the EB110 could never go 400kph, the S version topped out near 220mph which is around 350kph.

bartboy9891 said:
that "old bugatti" one isnt really going that speed. the EB110 could never go 400kph, the S version topped out near 220mph which is around 350kph.

maybe it was riced up : p :lol:

^ :lmao:

ArosaMike said:
BlitzR said:
Thats M3's redline is still at 4000RPM

Occurred to anyone else that's the startup routine? The red line is at 4k till the engines warmed up!
It isn't. Please read what I posted before about this.