Alfa Romeo 159

rboudewijns

Hello, I couldn't find a topic about the question I have. In the intro of the latest season ( 8 ) I saw a silver Alfa 159 driving on gravel. But I didn't see it during this season? Were did it go?

Thank you in advance for the replies.

they didn't show it in the program. :thumbsdown:

Thats not an Alfa romeo 159, it's a Brera. And the last series was number 8, the next one is number 9.

I don't know why they didn't show that segment, probably because of the World cup, they lost about four episodes because of it.

They will probably show it in the next series (number 9).[/u]

Ilpav said:
Thats not an Alfa romeo 159, it's a Brera. And the last series was number 8, the next one is number 9.

I don't know why they didn't show that segment, probably because of the World cup, they lost about four episodes because of it.

They will probably show it in the next series (number 9).[/u]

Indeed it was series 8 (I have adjusted it already), but it most certainly was an 159: look at the grille, which goes through untill the buttom of the front bumper. On the Brera it does not reach the bottom of the bumper. ;)

It seems they have some clips they never show. There is a clip where Richard sits in a small car (a Fiat Uno if I remember correctly) and is being shot at. They had it in the season preview two times, but they never showed it. I guess some clips just don't make it, because others fit better or are more interesting.

Regards
the Interceptor

I really hope to see the 159. It's the most beautiful piece of saloon I've seen since.. ever. :)

the Interceptor said:
It seems they have some clips they never show. There is a clip where Richard sits in a small car (a Fiat Uno if I remember correctly) and is being shot at. They had it in the season preview two times, but they never showed it. I guess some clips just don't make it, because others fit better or are more interesting.

Regards
the Interceptor

If they don't use the clips, why don't they spread them among the internet?

rboudewijns said:
the Interceptor said:

Regards
the Interceptor

If they don't use the clips, why don't they spread them among the internet?

That's another issue all in itself... Jeremy and the TG people have been very vocal on how they do not like the internet for pirating episodes/clips. One of the big reasons why on both TG websites there are only a handful of show clips.

I don't get it. If files from their site are other places, it's not like they lose any money. Actually, they get the stuff spread by other folks, so they save bandwith, and that way, the do save some money.

nomix said:
I don't get it. If files from their site are other places, it's not like they lose any money. Actually, they get the stuff spread by other folks, so they save bandwith, and that way, the do save some money.

Read Clarksons article from (I believe) 2 or 3 months ago. The problem, he said, is that people instead of tuning in at 8 on Sunday, will instead just not watch the program because they know they can miss it, and then when they want to watch it just go download it. Thus, the BBC starts losing viewers for the show, they lose money, and the show gets cancelled.

Being from the US I don't feel bad D/Ling the torrents because I don't get TG on my cable provider. You can damn well bet if I did I would watch it everytime to give ratings and only D/L the ep's just for my personal collection.

No Boss said:
nomix said:

Read Clarksons article from (I believe) 2 or 3 months ago. The problem, he said, is that people instead of tuning in at 8 on Sunday, will instead just not watch the program because they know they can miss it, and then when they want to watch it just go download it. Thus, the BBC starts losing viewers for the show, they lose money, and the show gets cancelled.

Being from the US I don't feel bad D/Ling the torrents because I don't get TG on my cable provider. You can damn well bet if I did I would watch it everytime to give ratings and only D/L the ep's just for my personal collection.
I agree. We get Top Gear at some occations in Norway, on the Government channel.

This mean that everyone who pays tax and has a telly (we pay licence fees to the channel), owns their very own part of the episode. Since NRK (the channel) is advertisement free, NRK don't lose money if we dl the episodes.

Actually, we have to download them, because NRK thinks that motoring shows are something we don't need more than half an hour of every week, when they're on at all, therefore they cut out half the episode.

I think it's a shame. We deserve to see the full episodes. And we have the right to, since "we've" payed for the whole episode.

nomix said:
I agree. We get Top Gear at some occations in Norway, on the Government channel.

This mean that everyone who pays tax and has a telly (we pay licence fees to the channel), owns their very own part of the episode. Since NRK (the channel) is advertisement free, NRK don't lose money if we dl the episodes.

I think it's a shame. We deserve to see the full episodes. And we have the right to, since "we've" payed for the whole episode.

Yeah, I guess most of Europe is that way. In the US, I dunno about how many others, you just pay a flat monthly fee to your cable/satellite provider and you get your service. No license... just plug, pay, and play.

Aren't the episodes sent in the US edited a bit? Remember hearing they limit a large amount of the british humor and some of the trashing of Americans and American cars, but I might VERY well be wrong there. :)

And about the licence fee, you pay it if you have TV(s) in your house. But you get commercial channels too, and you can get cable, like we do, if you pay. So it's sort of like the US, plus the fees. Eh, might be like britain and the BBC, but I must admit I don't know too much about their licence system. :)

nomix said:
Aren't the episodes sent in the US edited a bit? Remember hearing they limit a large amount of the british humor and some of the trashing of Americans and American cars, but I might VERY well be wrong there. :)

Ugh yeah they were.... and they were terrible. Some of the funniest bits would be hacked off, no news segement (sometimes the funniest bit of the episode), no guest segment (no biggy, i don't know who half of them are), and there would be no continuity. Like clips from different episodes would be taken and placed into a hat and picked out randomly.

I agree with some people that say "some TG is better than no TG", but the US version was such a cruel bastardization, it was not TG.

No Boss said:
nomix said:

Ugh yeah they were.... and they were terrible. Some of the funniest bits would be hacked off, no news segement (sometimes the funniest bit of the episode), no guest segment (no biggy, i don't know who half of them are), and there would be no continuity. Like clips from different episodes would be taken and placed into a hat and picked out randomly.

I agree with some people that say "some TG is better than no TG", but the US version was such a cruel bastardization, it was not TG.
That's awfull. Why exactly did they cut away the news and stuff?

nomix said:
No Boss said:
nomix said:

That's awfull. Why exactly did they cut away the news and stuff?

Well, from what I gather, in the UK and Europe commercials and adverts aren't required for every channel (I really have no idea, I'm just guessing that bit). But in the US, practically every channel has commercials as part of FCC regulations. Also the advert money goes directly to the network it airs.

So in order to make TG fit into the time slot, bits had to be deleted and cropped to cope with commercials. And to the best of my memory, I think the episodes were only a half hour long...

Same as we get. Feel like blowing up something. Anyone in?

why don't you guys download the recordings of the uk version, kindly provided by a well-known bloke ? i mean neither do i know 1/3rd of the guests but it's always much fun just listening to the conversation :D furthermore, every time there's a short "summary" story told about every person, just so you have a clue.
And the news bits. Boy oh boy were they ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT during series 4 and just good/very good during other series.