Steve Irwin aka "The Crocodile Hunter" is dead

Sad :(

I loved his shows when I was a kid

i was shocked when i heard it on the radio! And his kids are so young :eek: He seemed like a great guy, i saw him on the tonight show with Jay Leno and there was always an undeniable chemestry with him and Jay as well as the camera...he will be missed, God bless him :cry:

Yeah you might not agree with all the things he did but c'mon man, show some respect just for now :)

Sadly missed, he may have done some crazy things in his time but the work he has done as an environmentalist in the protection of endangered species should far outweigh any of it.

His charity Wildlife warriors worldwide is still going strong and raising money around the globe for animals.

Yeah he was crazy, but damn he was cool. I liked his shows, RIP

:( R.I.P.

jimmymac said:
Sadly missed, he may have done some crazy things in his time but the work he has done as an environmentalist in the protection of endangered species should far outweigh any of it.

His charity Wildlife warriors worldwide is still going strong and raising money around the globe for animals.

I don't see it like that, David Attembough was a enviromentalist he filmed thousands of hours of beasts in the wild. Steve Irwin on the other hand was primarily an entertainer thats what pple know him for and thats why you watched his shows. Who names a child after a dog it speaks volumes in my book.

zaybxcwd12 said:
I don't see it like that, David Attembough was a enviromentalist he filmed thousands of hours of beasts in the wild. Steve Irwin on the other hand was primarily an entertainer thats what pple know him for and thats why you watched his shows.

Does David Attenbough own thousands of hectares of natural rainforest around the world (including in the Amazon) just so it can stay a rainforest? One of Irwins passions was to stop the devisation of our rainforests and the only way to do that was buy them and leave them. If that's not conservation what is? He made millions of dollars doing what he did, but gave millions back to help the environment, he was very passionate about it too and that showed, it wasn't a front for the camera, that was him and for that I was one of his biggest fans.

He had every corner of his life in order, his best friend was his wife, he was a loving father, his best mates worked for him and he made millions doing what he loved, and with these millions was able to help do his best to protect our environment.

If you don't like him it's no big deal more power to you, but is there any reason why you have to keep posting your dribble in this thread?

I take offence at that.

1 - I never said I didn't like him, I watched his shows as well and found him to be entertaining
2 - Dribble hmmm.........so you consider playing with a crocodile brave like more important than storming a beach or life saving that my friend is not dribble.
3 - I have a 2yr old and 6 month baby and I am not going to pit them in with a wild reptile to pull to peice if I am not a loving father in your book for not making them "Croc Savy" then call social servies and see how far it gets you.

zaybxcwd12 said:
I take offence at that.

1 - I never said I didn't like him, I watched his shows as well and found him to be entertaining
2 - Dribble hmmm.........so you consider playing with a crocodile brave like more important than storming a beach or life saving that my friend is not dribble.
3 - I have a 2yr old and 6 month baby and I am not going to pit them in with a wild reptile to pull to peice if I am not a loving father in your book for not making them "Croc Savy" then call social servies and see how far it gets you.

I don't care that you take offence..

1. So why take the piss in a thread to commemorate his passing?

2. No but did he ever say he wouldn't storm a beach? He is more Australian than 90% of Australians and that means defending this country if he was ever called apon - much like me. Luckily he was never asked to, he just made shows on catching crocodiles which made him famous around the world.

3. I would trust my kids in a croc pen with him more than in the back seat of a car with you driving, I'll tell you that. I have no need to put my kids in a croc pen, neither would you, but his kids are going to grow up around crocs, snakes and spiders so shouldn't they learn about them? maybe at a few months old is to soon, but one mistake seams to be enough for you to slag him off, instead of focusing on all the good things he's done.

Really sorry to hear what happened to the guy. A really great man in many respects. Sure, he may not have helped to win some great war, but that doesn't make him less of a man. And to be honest, with the whole crocodile and kid thing, I don't think there's anyone I would trust more in that situation than someone who has been working around Crocodiles their whole life, like, you know, Steve Irwin!

Anyways, my prayers to his family and friends. Crikey, Steve, crikey.

I agree taking the piss was a little tackless. I was pointing out that it was not dribble it is fact like it or not.

"I would trust my kids in a croc pen with him more than in the back seat of a car with you driving,"

I strap my kids in the back seat of a car 5-6 days a week and I am the 1st to admit that it is proberbly the most danger I put them in, am I happy about it no but it has to be done. What you are forgetting is that driving with children in your car holds a purpose to get from one destination to another it has to done. What purpose is it to put your child in with Crocodiles, I am sorry but "croc savy" don't cut it. Even by some miracle a 4 month old child can get "Croc Savy" why do it in front of the camera and with a crowd put simply to use his child as a prop to entertain and is wrong no matter how much icing you put on the cake.

May I ask why someone or something bad happens always on the forum someone has to say something against the person who was dead? Come on respect the guy.

I for one feel really bad. :cry: I liked him, and to think I love stingrays too...

zaybxcwd12 said:
I agree taking the piss was a little tackless. I was pointing out that it was not dribble it is fact like it or not.

"I would trust my kids in a croc pen with him more than in the back seat of a car with you driving,"

I strap my kids in the back seat of a car 5-6 days a week and I am the 1st to admit that it is proberbly the most danger I put them in, am I happy about it no but it has to be done. What you are forgetting is that driving with children in your car holds a purpose to get from one destination to another it has to done. What purpose is it to put your child in with Crocodiles, I am sorry but "croc savy" don't cut it. Even by some miracle a 4 month old child can get "Croc Savy" why do it in front of the camera and with a crowd put simply to use his child as a prop to entertain and is wrong no matter how much icing you put on the cake.

Stop... Enough...

If you want to discuss the parenting skills of someone who was just killed, start a thread on a different forum.

It's sad that it happened, but at least he died doing what he loved, and hopefully his family will continue his environmental preservation work.

NAIDANAC A said:
May I ask why someone or something bad happens always on the forum someone has to say something against the person who was dead? Come on respect the guy.

I for one feel really bad. :cry: I liked him, and to think I love stingrays too...

Maybe it's the need to be different....who knows.
I didn't like the guy or the show, but I agree that he was a great ambassador for Australia and for wildlife.
RIP.