2006 Ford GT vs. 2006 Corvette Z06

*dives under desk*

Am I missing something here? :?

*Pulls up a chair and makes some popcorn*

I think there should be a law somewhere that states that nobody should be allowed to own both those cars, so a real comparison can never be done and Internet gearheads will still have something to argue about for the next few millennia.

Oh, and GT > Z06. Why? A GT drove past me the other day, and I nearly wet myself out of sheer coolness. A Z06 drove past a short time later and I thought, "Cool, a Z06" and did not wet myself.

Test over, GT wins.

BerserkerCatSplat said:
I think there should be a law somewhere that states that nobody should be allowed to own both those cars, so a real comparison can never be done and Internet gearheads will still have something to argue about for the next few millennia.

Oh, and GT > Z06. Why? A GT drove past me the other day, and I nearly wet myself out of sheer coolness. A Z06 drove past a short time later and I thought, "Cool, a Z06" and did not wet myself.

Test over, GT wins.
Au contraire. I saw a yellow Z06 in a school parking lot (in a handicapped spot, because Corvette owners are mentally handicapped! BA-ZING! :p) and said, "WHOA! A Z06!" as I ran up to take loads of pictures of it on my camera phone. A few months ago, I saw a GT in a Ford dealership and said, "I can't be bothered to stop." So Z06 > GT. :twisted:

Actually, I agree with you that GT > Z06, I just feel like being an ass, haha.

Sorry to interrupt your guys, but would anybody please be so kind to explain what this thread is about? Thanks! :bangin:

These two are comparable? I think, by now, I've seen both of them. I certainly remember seeing the GT. And that's just the thing: I remember seeing the GT. I remember when, where, how, why, and what it felt like to see that car. I also remember travelling around the main city centre near where I live and stopping at about three or four Ford dealerships just to get a look at the GT. For a Corvette Z06, I couldn't be bothered to do that.

I'm sure I've seen at least one Corvette Z06, and that's all I remember. Sure, the Z06 is a nice sports car, and I'm sure it would be a hoot to drive. But, the GT is so much more "just another fast car". The Z06 just isn't.

Actually, to clarify: the GT was in a Ford dealership, and I never could find the time to visit it. I expected to see the GT in a Ford dealer; after all, it's a Ford product! It just sat there, being photographed by some customers and ignored by the staff. Not a good place for arguably Ford's greatest sports car.

Yet the Z06 was outside, in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by boring Toyota pickups and random SUVs. It made the Z06 look sexy, when contrasted with the drab around it. The way you view something when compared to its surroundings can either improve it or make it look worse, and it was certainly true in this case.

Whatever, they're both awesome.

I don't get it. Wheres the comparison from the person who owns both?

Gophermuncher said:
A comparison by someone who actually owns both these cars :D
*chappelle* That's the most balla shit ever! */chappelle*... and yet; it's doesn't impress me as much as a 2JZ swap does.

http://img471.imageshack.**/img471/8845/2jzswaply0.jpg