Possible new Host: Sabine Schmitz

Possible new Host: Sabine Schmitz

• Total voters
How about Jodie Kidd? She wrote an article for the Times Online driving section to fill in for Jeremy once I believe.

Shes competent enough, used to being on camera, and loves cars -- would seem to be a likely cannidate if you ask me.

JK -- Cool dude. Loads of style. Used to being on camera, also seems likely.

Jasruler said:
How about Jodie Kidd? She wrote an article for the Times Online driving section to fill in for Jeremy once I believe.

Shes competent enough, used to being on camera, and loves cars -- would seem to be a likely cannidate if you ask me.

JK -- Cool dude. Loads of style. Used to being on camera, also seems likely.
For all you know Jodie had a ghost writer do the article for her. It isnt unheard off.

Even Jeza must foul up a video review once in awhile

Jay Kay would be a cool temp for JC.

He knows his cars, he loves to drive his cars (wasn't his Enzo already needing new tires?), and he seems like a very cool guy from the interview.

Plus his music rocks.

Terry Wogan, I bet he could get a car to powerslid perfectly, plus he is the "Speed King" so should give pretty comprehensive tests of the cars. :p

Rowen Atkinson would get my vote however, but's he would probably turn it down or be doing something else.

..Jimmy Carr maybe?

Anyway, we are talking about a couple of cars, why not have one celeb test one car...

And who knows, maybe good ol' Jezza is good enough to drive in 3 months...

Buba

Buba said:
And who knows, maybe good ol' Jezza is good enough to drive in 3 months...

Buba

Exactly. By then Sabine should contribute by some 'Tiff Style 5 Miles Burning Sideways Show'. (I miss the man so much.)
I recall seeing her in Auto, Moto & Sport episode, sliding M bimmers. And boy, oh boy, she made me smile. :burnrubber:

Sabine is not natural with the camera, she's agressive all the time I guess but what we really want is a cool clean review, good fun and lots of witty comments. Not GOGOGO!

i wouldn't mind sabine being part of the show, she has a really interesting personality.

But it would be tough to fill JC's shoes, for anyone. Hope he can stay on to present.

Sabine now got her own motors TV show in Germany called "DMOTOR". There are also the testdriver "Tim Schrick" and the quite logical guy "Carsten van Ryssen". The whole show reminds me a little bit of TopGear. In the first episode Sabine races in a Landrover Discovery against a montain bike in the city of Wuppertal -> like James May did it in spain in one episode.

They also do car tests on a little airport testrack and on the N?rburgring Nordschleife ;-)

Sabine being on Top Gear might not be too far fetched. Besides the few TG episodes she was in, the German episode of 'Clarkson Meets the Neighbours' featured her.

A few people mentioned Jay Leno and I got to thinking: wouldn't he be perfect if the US version of Top Gear ever becomes a reality?

Yet all things considered, I think TG is perfect with three presenters. Four would just be one too many.

djrickd said:
Sabine now got her own motors TV show in Germany called "DMOTOR". There are also the testdriver "Tim Schrick" and the quite logical guy "Carsten van Ryssen". The whole show reminds me a little bit of TopGear. In the first episode Sabine races in a Landrover Discovery against a montain bike in the city of Wuppertal -> like James May did it in spain in one episode.

They also do car tests on a little airport testrack and on the N?rburgring Nordschleife ;-)

Is that show available somewhere? I wanna check it out :)

It cant be worse than Das Rasthaus....

edit: Nevermind, found it.

update: Too bad there is no seeder and we are all stuck at 92%

^ Yeah, I'd like to see that too. I like Sabine.

Oh, and the Clio vs Mountain Bike was in Lisbon, Potugal - not Spain. ;)

damnit...that show runs on "D MAX"...whatever rubbish nowhere available pay-tv channel that is...

I think its better that she does a tv show in her own country, because some people find it difficult to listen to her with that accent.

yeah...even i find that difficult. :lol: