How the Republicans will maintain power

Momentum57

worships the 2010 Prius like a god
DONOR
Car(s)
It's A HONDA! Clarity Plug In Electric
Strategic News Cycle Political Tactics - As I am sure you know gas prices are plummeting falling from a high of 3.34 a gallon in my neck of the woods. To forecast I have included a chart showing national averages, mind you an average is just that so there are higher and lower prices.

http://img172.imageshack.**/img172/9341/testgaschartkf5.th.png

In my estimation the national average will drop back down near 2.10 with in the next few months. With midterm elections imminent and democrats using short play tactics this could play a big role in the decisions of average Americans. As elections draw nearer watch the news cycle more closely, blue sky economy and Mid-Eastern threats with be the theme.

I don't need any fancy charts. I know the republicans will maintain power because the democrats are losers.

:lol:

The Democrats should have had the last election, all they had to do was find a canidate that alienated fewer people than Bush. And they managed to run the only people who didn't fit that condition. :bangin:

Blind_Io said:
The Democrats should have had the last election, all they had to do was find a canidate that alienated fewer people than Bush. And they managed to run the only people who didn't fit that condition. :bangin:

That's because if Kerry had won in 2004, Ms. Clinton couldn't run in 2008.

My point is that the Democrats ran the people with the most left-wing voting record instead of appealing to the moderate majority. Kerry should never have been nominated in the first place. Almost anyone in the democratic party (other than Kennedy) would have been a better canidate.

If they put Hilary up there they'll have binned it again. Personally, I'm hoping for a certain republican candidate, because I don't see much of anything worth hoping for on the dem side, and there won't be a 3rd party worth a hoot.

zenkidori said:
If they put Hilary up there they'll have binned it again. Personally, I'm hoping for a certain republican candidate, because I don't see much of anything worth hoping for on the dem side, and there won't be a 3rd party worth a hoot.
I wouldn't be surprised if the primaries for the presidential election wither the candidates down to two lousy ones yet again.
Without taking a closer look (since I'm not allowed to vote anyway), I'd like to see someone like John McCain become president.

zenkidori said:

Check this out, you may be interested. www.catoinstitute.org

At this point in time I really don't f**king care who gets elected, all I want is for some problems to be fixed both domestically and internationally. This country is in such bad shape, we need fixing.

I'm hoping the dems will run Mark Warner, the governor of Virginia. He's one of the few dems who can get in touch with the south and he's done a decent job. He's also got good credentials and a decent amount of experience.

Jacobfox said:
I'm hoping the dems will run Mark Warner, the governor of Virginia. He's one of the few dems who can get in touch with the south and he's done a decent job. He's also got good credentials and a decent amount of experience.

Yeah, if they pick him, i'd vote for him. I voted for him when he was governor here, and I voted for his successor (Tim Kaine). I think though that Mark Warner isn't partisan enough for the Democrats, because instead of fighting with the Virginia senate, he actually worked with them to solve problems.

I'd also likely vote for John McCain if he were to run again. I'd be happy with anyone in the middle because the political polarization is getting to be sickening.

jayjaya29 said:
At this point in time I really don't f**king care who gets elected, all I want is for some problems to be fixed both domestically and internationally. This country is in such bad shape, we need fixing.

Amen

The Democarts will not win control until they make up their damn minds.Then again, we're just voting for the lesser of the two evils every four years...

Republicans only card left they can use is 9/11.

They used up all their others cards and people seen through their lies.
So as you noticed so far they are using scare tactics they talk about Terrorists and mention 9/11 all the time.

That's it.

Vote for Bowman if you want a true American up there who will fight for your rights.
www.bowman2006.com

Scud said:

So as you noticed so far they are using scare tactics they talk about Terrorists and mention 9/11 all the time.

That's it.

Vote for Bowman if you want a true American up there who will fight for your rights.
www.bowman2006.com

You are quite possibly the LAST person I would take advice for voting from, especially with your "colorful" history here...

If either party figures out the fact that people want a Centrist government, they will win... Unfortunately the people running the political parties are dumb and won't actually pick someone who isn't an extremist (as was the great Kerry/Bush battle of 2004). I don't want an ultra conservative, and but I especially don't want an ultra liberal...

Scud said:

That's it.

www.bowman2006.com

How about you move here, gain citizenship, and then you can suggest to I and other Americans whom to vote for, mmmmkay?

hokiethang said:
You are quite possibly the LAST person I would take advice for voting from, especially with your "colorful" history here...

If either party figures out the fact that people want a Centrist government, they will win... Unfortunately the people running the political parties are dumb and won't actually pick someone who isn't an extremist (as was the great Kerry/Bush battle of 2004). I don't want an ultra conservative, and but I especially don't want an ultra liberal...

You nailed it right on the head. Most Americans are not political, and would vote Centrist. Sad. My dreams of a Libertarian government will probably never come to be.