PS3 Delayed for PAL territories

Janus

London, Wednesday 6 September 2006 ? Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) today announced that it would revise the launch date of its PLAYSTATION? 3 computer entertainment system in the PAL territories of Europe, Russia, Middle East, Africa and Australasia from 17th November 2006, as previously announced to March 2007

Source

IL BASTARDO!

Well I guess my grand will just have to stay in my bank account just a little bit longer. :cry:

No the first time Sony screws Europe over. I wonder when people will stop bending over to them.

"Sure Mr.Sony, I'll buy your overprized console since the games look fantastic." "Oh, those were all render movies, well I take your word for it that the final product will look exactly the same." "It's getting delayed? Oh, for the sake of the customer expirience you say. Well, thanks for protecting my gaming interests then."

Disclaimer: The author is in no way a fanboy of any kind, just some random bloke who has a hard time coping with all the BS Sony feeds him and wishes for a change in the console market just to make things a bit more interesting.

At the moment Sony isn't even trying and it shows. Their modus oprandi seems to be: Those suckers buy everything we produce. No need to deliver something new.

For me it is a good thing! More time to save money, since I will pay 3x the price...

BlitzR said:
Don't buy a PS3, EBay yourself a Nintendo NES. :thumbsup:

i picked up a PS1 not long ago for $10, and about 100 games for $50. i'm set for my gaming needs :)

oh,and the PS3 problems make me understand why MS kept the HD-DVD drive as a separate extra. Not enough blue laser diodes to go around. And so Sony will only have 500,000 total PS3 units at launch...?!? :?

They should make a universal type of a TV and there won?t be any porblems regarding NTSC/PAL systems. :)

I think I m gonna wait till PS4. (Coz I will have a good job by then)

raheel_qamar said:
They should make a universal type of a TV and there won?t be any porblems regarding NTSC/PAL systems. :)

I think I m gonna wait till PS4. (Coz I will have a good job by then)

thats an interesting point as well. as far as i know, neither Blu-Ray nor HD-DVD care about PAL v. NTSC, as both conform to more generic HD standards, and the players can output basically any format out of the box (so it would all depend on your tv).

I think Sony is simply using PAL as a regionally defining unit, versus actually having anything to do with PAL standards vs NTSC vs SECAM, etc. Confusing nonetheless.

Anotherpoint up for Microsoft. At this rate we'll have the Xbox 3/720 out before they get the PS3 on the shelves.

For Christ sake, i need to think of another christmas present now :lol:
Mum keeps saying 'so you don't want an xbox then?'
Maybe she secretly works for microsoft :unsure: :ph34r:

Evo7 said:
For Christ sake, i need to think of another christmas present now :lol:
Mum keeps saying 'so you don't want an xbox then?'
Maybe she secretly works for microsoft :unsure: :ph34r:

Say yes, you know you want to :yes: there good, i mean it

Im gonna scrap my preorder, im not waiting untill March, now i need a new X-Mas gift.

NAIDANAC A said:
lol my eb said that the PS3 might not even come with cable :lol:

No, it doesn't come with HDMI cables, instead you have to buy them seperately, but it does come with AV cables. Sony has said that they don't think a large enough portion of the marketplace uses HDMI to warrent packaging them with the unit.

It is kind of the same as how the PS3 output at 1080p, but because hardly anyone actually has a TV that can do 1080p, the games are optimised for 1080i output, which more people have, and are then just up-scaled a little bit for 1080p outputs.

Anyone who is surprised by another PS3 delay, please stand on your head.

Janus said:
NAIDANAC A said:

No, it doesn't come with HDMI cables, instead you have to buy them seperately, but it does come with AV cables. Sony has said that they don't think a large enough portion of the marketplace uses HDMI to warrent packaging them with the unit.

It is kind of the same as how the PS3 output at 1080p, but because hardly anyone actually has a TV that can do 1080p, the games are optimised for 1080i output, which more people have, and are then just up-scaled a little bit for 1080p outputs.

No EB has heard that you will have to buy all the cables to use the system at all.

NAIDANAC A said:
Janus said:
NAIDANAC A said:

No EB has heard that you will have to buy all the cables to use the system at all.

I put very little stock in anything EB/Gamestop says, especially after the "Oh yeah, you pre-ordered in July, you'll get your Xbox360 at launch" fiasco...

Don't believe everything you read, it's not always true.

The HDMI thing is a fiasco, because they are going to force thousands of people to buy cables that are extremely overpriced ($150 HDMI cables are ridiculous, my $10 HDMI cables work just as well). But i'd be extremely surprised if Sony were stupid enough (especially with all of the other mistakes they have made recently) to force consumers to buy cables separate of the device.

you get what you pay for - I personally would be willing to fork out the extra mula for a decent cable if I'd just bought a HD TV for over a grand or more. QED ftw :)

Overheat said:
you get what you pay for - I personally would be willing to fork out the extra mula for a decent cable if I'd just bought a HD TV for over a grand or more. QED ftw :)

Not necessarily. The $10 HDMI cable is identical to the $150 Best Buy rip off cable, except for the shiny brand name attached to it. With the environment and distances I'm running my cables, there is NO difference in the signal. It's more like "lets see how much we can charge people, who don't know the difference, for a $10 cable".

well eb said this was from there headquaters and was sent to them by sony...they also no i wouldnt buy a ps3 (im there always buying 360 stuff)

NAIDANAC A said:
well eb said this was from there headquaters and was sent to them by sony...they also no i wouldnt buy a ps3 (im there always buying 360 stuff)

Everything with EB is from their "headquarters". The shipment numbers for the Xbox360 were "from Headquarters", and they were about 50 short of what they needed to fill the orders of people they promised would get them launch night...

The truth is there's too many EB/Gamestop stores for them all to tell the right stories. My past experiences with EB/Gamestop have caused me to look elsewhere for my gaming needs just because of the amount of deception they do on future releases.