Early LFS Christmas Present [Server!]

FireFox said:
btw someone else used Teamspeak before? ;)
Been using it for years with my Battlefield clan. :)

However, I cannot get on the TS. It appears to be passworded now (which is good so people can't join it via the TS directory), but what's the password?

Viper007Bond said:
what's the password?
fg

I'll have to see how well this works with low bandwidth.

FYI, do they make headsets with just a noise cancelling microphone and no headphones?
I still would like to hear the sound over the speakers. (Or does that not work well?)

^ that's what I'm looking for as well.

so are we on teamspeak this race? does anyone know how much bandwidth it uses on teamspeak like per min or hr? because I have limited Bandwidth, 10Gb a month shared with my GF :(

so you want a headset with just a mic? why not clip one to your monitor or have one sticking up from the table to your mouth :D

currently, the race chat is set to 25.9 Kbit, the other off-topic one is 12.3 Kbit. i'm going to assume that it's per second, but will find out.

however, we can make a channel that's low bandwidth for those that need it.

I think we would need low bandwidth, espn is on 56k, I'm on the other end of the world with limited bandwidthand such :D... btw, could we lock the track combo to our weekly race and also lock to gti/gt? because this idiot came along when I was practicing and starting racing GTR's.

andyhui01 said:
so you want a headset with just a mic? why not clip one to your monitor or have one sticking up from the table to your mouth :D
Because it will probably do a lot better job cancelling the background noise and such if it is directly in front of your mouth as opposed to some distance away.
andyhui01 said:
I think we would need low bandwidth, espn is on 56k, I'm on the other end of the world with limited bandwidthand such :D
There appears to be an option to limit the up and down bandwidth on the TeamSpeak client, but I have no idea of what the effect of that will be.

TS uses only a few KB/sec usually. Hop on and talk (test) with me if you want. I'm on now. :)

(I use a shitty ass mic that came with my old Dell on top of my monitor + headphones)

Oh, and bind a key! Voice activation is annoying as fuck to other users 'cause then we can hear all the noise off your speakers and it activates when people walk into your room and start talking. ;)

So just make it push-to-talk and you'll be good, even with speakers on (although we will be able to hear your game which is slightly annoying, but not a big deal).

I having a heck of time getting on...it wont let me! I try by IP and by name...what am I doing wrong? Please help! :(

jayhawk said:
I having a heck of time getting on...it wont let me! I try by IP and by name...what am I doing wrong? Please help! :(

does join specific with "(iB)^1[FG] ^7Racing" work (without quotes)?

I'm getting "Host not found on master server" when i try to connect. I presume we're using this server for our race tonight?

Anyone know if there's a problem?

type "[FG] Racing" (without quotes) into join specific. should work.

ps. dropped (iB) as suggested.

Do we have multiple people with the admin password?

Ok thanks Burnsy, I was trying the old name from the first post.

Mischief007 said:
Do we have multiple people with the admin password?
yeah, FireFox and me so far.
GraemeH said:
Ok thanks Burnsy, I was trying the old name from the first post.
actually, i just changed it. i think it was because i put the "^7" in the name here on this thread, and it seems you can't do that.

is there going to be a password for the race tonight? I don't want people connecting, don't want to lag out