[SPOILER] Top Gear's biggest roadtrip ever.... [SPOILER]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds exciting :D I think it'll be great to finally see TG in the US. I bet the ending will be something along the lines of - "Britain is far better than America" :mrgreen:

Can't wait!

Ok so our heroic hosts are in another race. We know Jeremy is driving the Jaguar but that leaves Richard and James to find an alternative method. I pray it?s not by Greyhound Bus; the only method of travel where bringing a chainsaw on with you is ok. In fact if you have never taken one get the Americas Most Wanted number, they are all there. So what do you guys think they will be using to beat the POWWWER

You're right about Greyhound buses. No hot Swiss backpackers, more like the feral's choice of transport.

BlitzR said:
The trip has nothing to do with the show, its the magazines work. Tom Ford will be writing the blog.
And now I don't give a stuff about it anymore! :lol:

It was very decieveing what they did with their first comment on it which mentioned the TG Veyron race and all the other races they done and now it's become apparent that its not TG TV related.

Ok now wait a min. They had to use some other Top Gear related bits to explain the scale but how is that different from some one using their arms to describe the fish. I think that this is a brilliant idea, the drive and the blog, it connects the mediums of the magazine and video. I have to say Tom is on a bit of a roll, he must be sleeping with the editor although I just want to see Emma Parker Bowles legs so?

The record seems to be getting out of reach, the keep getting pulled over by the Police and at one point Tom Ford gets arrested for a little while.

I am very disappointed in Tom, speeding tisk tisk. Although really they could have set up that video camera, get a few of those lipstick cams place them then plug in and flip the switch for a quick report. I guess I would say the writing left me wanting a better scene painted.

I don't know about the rest of you but I can't wait to see the full article after reading through leg 3.

I'm just bored from the Jaguar XK...
How can you be bored of that car? It looks like an Aston, and when you open the taps, it goes "VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

What's to get bored of? :D

Momentum57 said:
Ok so our heroic hosts are in another race. We know Jeremy is driving the Jaguar but that leaves Richard and James to find an alternative method. I pray it?s not by Greyhound Bus; the only method of travel where bringing a chainsaw on with you is ok. In fact if you have never taken one get the Americas Most Wanted number, they are all there. So what do you guys think they will be using to beat the POWWWER

bikes?

Hitchhiking? The only way to truly know a culture is to hitchhike. ;)

SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
bartboy9891 said:
Jamesd said:
smarm said:
i wish it were across australia :D
In the new E Series :D

Sounds good, but I don't see what's so bad about having the XK again.. It's the appropriate car since that record was set in an XJS, so makes sence, eh?
what is an E-series?
This new line of vehicles that we're all so excited about:
http://forum.finalgear.com/viewtopic.php?t=13269

307KW of power!
no manuals?

bartboy9891 said:
SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
bartboy9891 said:
Jamesd said:
smarm said:
i wish it were across australia :D
In the new E Series :D

Sounds good, but I don't see what's so bad about having the XK again.. It's the appropriate car since that record was set in an XJS, so makes sence, eh?
what is an E-series?
This new line of vehicles that we're all so excited about:
http://forum.finalgear.com/viewtopic.php?t=13269

307KW of power!
no manuals?
Yes manuals - it's the quickest also, propelling it from 0-100 in 4.96 seconds :)

epp_b said:
How can you be bored of that car? It looks like an Aston, and when you open the taps, it goes "VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

What's to get bored of? :D
I don't really like the looks of it, the supra like headlights are revolting and ruin the whole car, the rear lights are also nasty, they are stretched towards the frontend and lined with the side of the bumper.
And it doesn't look like an Aston, the shape may be correct because it's based on a DB9 but styling is much worse, Astons look more elegant and complete.

It all sounds like I hate the new XK, but I'm not, I like it, just it's no where preetier than the old XK - that's the thing, it isn't as good looking as I've expected it too be and I'm really disappointed, I've wanted it to be great and it's just good, no more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.