Top Gear Ringtone!

Stryph

Took this from the opening....... its goten to the pont that my girlfriend abhors this bit of music mostly because I dont realy listen to her when i'm watching top gear.... so what else could i do ... i made it her ringtone :)

RIGHT CLICK SAVE AS :)

Haha, nice one, thanks.

I'd love to put this on my phone, but it's not the most user friendly when it comes to new ringtones and what not.

A friend told me they had a USB cable that you could download the ring tones then put them on your phone. I have a Motorola i830 (Nextel), can anyone help me out?

Thanks! Stryph

Well you can browse to this location "http://stryph.googlepages.com/TOPGEAR.MP3" on your phones web browser..... it might cost a bit to download it from the web if you don't have a data plan but its also the easiest way to do it though......... or like your friend just pick up a Cable on ebay.. but you'll need to mess around with the software and stuff... pm me if you still haveing trouble m8... i've a few friends with iden(Nextel) phones i can ask... but downloading it to your phone is probobly the easiest most painless way.. 8)

Stryph said:
Well you can browse to this location "http://stryph.googlepages.com/TOPGEAR.MP3" on your phones web browser..... it might cost a bit to download it from the web if you don't have a data plan but its also the easiest way to do it though......... or like your friend just pick up a Cable on ebay.. but you'll need to mess around with the software and stuff... pm me if you still haveing trouble m8... i've a few friends with iden(Nextel) phones i can ask... but downloading it to your phone is probobly the easiest most painless way.. 8)

Thanks man, I have the data accessability but I've never used it. I'll try it now and PM you with any more questions. :thumbsup:

I had to re-encode it to mono to make it work on my phone (Nokia 6060), but apart from that it's great, many thanks !
Now I can show off :mrgreen:

Proper phones allow you to hook up a USB cable to transfer ringtones (glorified MP3 files) directly to the phone. Everything else is just handled by the extortionate ringtone "business".

epp_b said:
Proper phones allow you to hook up a USB cable to transfer ringtones (glorified MP3 files) directly to the phone. Everything else is just handled by the extortionate ringtone "business".

Unless you have a Nextel i830, then you need the exact software issued by motorola, and the exact USB cable issued by Motorola.... I tried for about a month to get this on my phone.

I had to give up for the safety and health of my family.

Lukhas said:
I had to re-encode it to mono to make it work on my phone (Nokia 6060), but apart from that it's great, many thanks !
Now I can show off :mrgreen:

Hey mate,

could u please put the mono version online please. As i have a similar phone and would like to get my hands on it.

thx

who listens to their girlfriend when watching topgear, just keep saying OK and smile at them everytime they pause is considered very good :D (I know thats what I do) :D

Bluetooth anyone? :p I have bluetooth on my laptop, and so does my phone. Connect the two and transfer, done! I wish there was a polyphonic top gear ringtone.. :/

Here is the mono version... wish it'd sound a little better but i'm useing windows sound recorder which is not all that gr8 :) I think cool edit has an option to turn music into midi's *Poly Morphic*

Mono Version

I can't seem to get it to work in my phone as an MP3, Wav or Mid file. I have a Siemens c65. Any advice? The errir message I get is 'play failed', but it works on Real Player.

Jamesd said:
Bluetooth anyone? :p I have bluetooth on my laptop, and so does my phone. Connect the two and transfer, done! I wish there was a polyphonic top gear ringtone.. :/

why do you need polyphonic when you can get mp3?

andyhui01 said:
Jamesd said:

why do you need polyphonic when you can get mp3?

...because not all phones support MP3 ringtones? I know mine doesn't.

Mine didn't either, so I found a freeware converter that converts specifically to ringtone .wav files. Apparently there's a difference?