driving position

other kind of driving positions...

how do you set your seat and steeringwheel?

everyone who gets in my car complains the seat isn't straigt up enough, but i realy can't drive sitting in a 90? angle
same with the steering wheel, everyone wants it higher. if my legs fit under it, it's almost to high for me, i want it nice and low, and not to close to me either

and they also complain they can't see the hood when in my driving position
WHY DO YOU NEED TO SEE THE HOOD????
you know how long your car is, right?

I drive with the seat slightly below 90?.

I would say my seat is at a 70 degree angle, and is set so when I press in the clutch pedal my leg is bent at a 45 degree angle, so I am not overextending the leg. My left hand rests at either 9 most of the time or 6 long distances or highways. My right hand is usually rowing through the gears, or if I am driving agressively will be at the 3 position...sometimes. ;) I look very uncool in this position, but have you ever seen a racing driver slumped to one side, left hand on the 1 position?

I know this sounds too Initial D like, But I CAN drive fast on curvy roads with only my left hand, it isnt too difficult with a FWD car. Just place the non shifting hand at either 11 (LHD) or 1 (RHD). Not like I am special or anything, just years of practice.

Italians hold the wheel lower like the[older] F1 drivers. The older cars have the steering wheel at a certain angle to make it more comfortable to hold in that position.
http://img3.imageshack.**/img3/8192/Interior_antiguo.jpg

I have the seat feeling like it's bolt uprigth, less backpain, and it gives you a feeling of being more in control

Unless I'm driving a non-power-steering car, I only use one hand for the steering. I rest my elbow near the window and grip the steering between 2-3.

As for driving position, I try to lean back a little and pretend my car's some sort of cruiser. :p

Now I've passed my test I seem to drive with my right arm at about 3 o'clock with my elbow resting on the top of the door, my left arm is either just lying on my leg or its on the gear stick.

I always used the below, can't remember where I first saw/read it.

Seat distance: Place you foot on the floor behind the brake pdeal, than adjust the seat so your leg (knee) is slightly bent, not extended straight out.

Seat Back and or Wheel Height: Place your wrist on top of the steering wheel, and adjust the seat back possition so your arm is, again, slightly bent, not extended straight out.

Oh...and you should be sitting on the correct side of the car, which is the LEFT HAND SIDE! :D

i instinctively drive with my hands on 9 and 3. Though when cruising at steady speeds, i tend to drive with one hand on just 3. Anyone else try driving with their hand/hands on just 6. I find it to be unusually precise when driving in the S60 at lower speeds