Spied: Porsche Panamera test car

The sad thing is, I think that spy shot is pretty accurate. Although that photoshop looks cool and sexy, it's completely impractical (can you imagine trying to fit into the back of that?).

I don't know, my guess is that this car is just one of many powertrain test mules we've seen thusfar...remember that M5 lookalike we saw a while ago? You don't have to make a mule look like the car at all to get proper data.

Looks ugly, very ugly in the firs post. Loks like a flatened Cayenne. fiaaa :yucky: And to big, the CLS and the AM Rapide look like top models, the Panamera is just a fat bitch who cant walk the stairs.

Thats my opinion looking at the picture in the firs post. :)

It is a test mule. They already had a 928, BMW M5, Cayenne and now that. Do you really think Porsche would let it drive around with so little disguise if it was the real thing?
Also look at the shape, thats much to 80-ish for an upcoming car. Let's just wait for the Concept then you may supply us all with your favorite puke-smileys.

Mischief007 said:
It looks weird. I can't see a 4-door Porsche just like I can't see a 4-door Aston. Stick to two doors please. And kill that stupid Cayenne SUV.

i'll help you see it - porsche's past has been littered with 4 door vehicles (and tractors, and airplane engines, etc)

0211ger.jpg

shit, and i still have to scan an article on the 989...

http://www.theautobahn.com/forum/f6_attachment.php?&attachmentid=4264&twidth=320

this thread
http://forum.finalgear.com/viewtopic.php?t=6715&highlight=door+porsche
has a lot more info on the 4 door porsche...

ryosuke said:
if you guys looks closely at the rear rooflne, you can see that the camo thickens before the "bulge"...i'd presume that the bulge is only there in order to disguise the real shape. without that it resembles the sketch a lot more and that sketch didn't look to bad. ;)

you're right

the rear door is obviously fake as well (real one will be underneath)

I'm not so sure about the rear door being entirely false, but you can see where they blacked out the paint to change the shape of the rear window. If you look at the contours of the windows rather than the coloring you can see it's actually pretty sleek.

Now if only Porsche spent as much time styling the rest of their line as they did on the camo for this test car. :)

Blind_Io said:
Now if only Porsche spent as much time styling the rest of their line as they did on the camo for this test car. :)
so that they would make something that looks as awful as this? :lol:

Mischief007 said:
It looks weird. I can't see a 4-door Porsche just like I can't see a 4-door Aston. Stick to two doors please. And kill that stupid Cayenne SUV.

well I agree on the porsche range, lose the 4 doors cause they are goddamned ugly (like this one) but a the 4 door aston looks stunning imo

anyway this looks very bad (hopefully because of the camo). The photoshopped ones look much better!

ryosuke said:
Blind_Io said:
so that they would make something that looks as awful as this? :lol:

Hey at least it doesn't look like all the others and like all the others for the past 5 years.

i really have no idea why some people are thinking they are going to do a RR set up, that would be just stupid, its not a 4-door 911 its a new model, its obviously going to be a FR layout

West said:
That is one phwoarsome Photoshop job. Nice work Marcos.
I haven't done it... I just can't remember where I got it from, I think it's from Autocar...

Original... I Just used Paint shop Pro to glue it together, and then mirror it...

The looks of that thing are more camo than anything else; you can see how the doors, the rear arches, the spoiler, the lines around the windows are all intended to throw spies. Take a look at just behind the front wheel where a bit of plastic starts to merge with the door camo, most companies just say ?put bubbly bits and stripes over it know one will know?. Mind you this has to be the best camo i have ever seen, as far as most car looking camo. I will bet you ten to one some of these elements will make there way onto other car makers list of things to do. ?oh look at that, you would sit behind the c pillar, we?ll have that?

It must be relativey early in the test period; if the camo does that much visual change it'll change the car dynamics too. Usually comapnies use HEAVY disguise in the beginning, then gradually move down to the tape and stickers that sort of hug the body and dun affect the weight or aerodynamics much.

Remember this Enzo?

http://img206.imageshack.**/img206/6638/picfetchpic31711pq9.jpg

actually an enzo w/ a 348 disguise for early tests of the engine.

http://img206.imageshack.**/img206/1184/picfetchpic31713ce7.jpg