GM Performance Parts-new website and new engines

jetsetter

Forum Addict
Car(s)
1997 BMW 528i
s Detroit's automakers swing back toward performance cars, they're also finding a thriving market for Detroit-style performance parts - and nothing says Detroit performance like a thundering V8. General Motors has ramped up a growing business with its GM Performance Parts group, and in recognition of the growing visibility of high performance in GM's product portfolio, the company has taken the group out from under the GM Goodwrench umbrella and given GMPP its own web presence at gmperformanceparts.com.

The first phase of the new website is up and running, with a handy "parts finder" tool for your engine project, and the "Engine Showcase," with details on all of GM's small-block, racing, LS and big-block crate motors, as well as an intriguing portfolio of Regular Production Option crate engines, like the 4.6-liter Northstar V8 from the Cadillac XLR and the supercharged 2-liter Ecotec four.

The best is yet to come - GM promises a very cool interactive feature called the Engine Configurator, which will let you select an engine, pick and choose various engine parts, and then run it on a virtual dyno, complete with horsepower and torque charts. Perfect for that fantasy hot rod project! New features will roll out in the coming months, with the Engine Configurator scheduled to go live in late September.
http://www.autoblog.com/category/gm/

GM Performance website: http://www.gmgoodwrench.com

I suggest you guys take a look around at the website. Many, many engines for sale. Everything from 2.2L Ecotec with 145hp to the 9.4L 720hp Big Block. You can also buy the supercharged Northstar from the XLR-V, supercharged Ecotec from the Cobalt SS, 7.0L from the Corvette Z06 and more. Quite a selection.

Engines you can buy.

Small Block
2hmlax1.png

Racing
2d6mmuc.png

ls
496lw91.png

Big Block
357efcp.png

RPO
2w3n9lw.png

That's pretty cool that GM offers their almost all their engines for sale like that. Can I stick a Ram Jet 502 in a Caterham? :twisted:

BlaRo said:
That's pretty cool that GM offers their almost all their engines for sale like that. Can I stick a Ram Jet 502 in a Caterham? :twisted:
:lol: You could try, but it might have a slight front weight bias.

TomCat said:
BlaRo said:
:lol: You could try, but it might have a slight front weight bias.
Oh do a Porsche and stick some lead in the back, that'll will sort it. ... Got Medical cover?

Oooo...LS1 into a third gen Camaro project, here I come.

I have seen the light, and believe it is my sworn duty to build a limited production racing car/super car using the ZZ572/720R...now to find a suitable chasis...

I can see some nice modern HotRods using that 527ci 720HP monster.

woot!!

or, british sports car makers of the world, buying your engines just got easier :lol: (see sniffpetrol.com)

I took a quick look and couldn't find prices...am I not looking hard enough or do they have them hidden?

Re: GM Performance Parts-new website and new engines

jetsetter said:
Everything from 2.2L Ecotec with 145hp to the 9.4L 720hp Big Block.

9.4L eh? hmm the possibilities :D

but i really wonder what kind of mpg it would get..haha that would be crazy :|

Mr.K said:
I took a quick look and couldn't find prices...am I not looking hard enough or do they have them hidden?

I'd say to call the dealer and see what prices they have. I know I've seen crate engines at McMaster Chevy on Dundas.

Oooo yes, i've always wanted to buy a 3.8L Ecotech! :p

Nice engines though!

British_Rover said:
The SC versions of the Ecotech and the 3800 are both pretty good motors with lots of potential. Too bad there is not much in the way of RWD chassis to put them in.

Sky Solstice anyone?

You can get them in hardtop aftermarket...and take out the convertable top. All sold through the GM parts catalogue. What about the new Camero :evil:

NAIDANAC A said:
You can get them in hardtop aftermarket...and take out the convertable top. All sold through the GM parts catalogue. What about the new Camero :evil:

Son, CamAro ;).

The existing chassis can handle some good power as well but you gotta tweak it nicely.

Mr.K said:

Prices depend on your location due to shipping cost.

But I'll say this much - some of those engines aren't cheap. An LS7 crate motor will set you back about US$11,000. The ZZ572s are in the $8k range, if I recall correctly.

The nice thing.. a lot of these engines come with the engine controllers + wiring harness..

The big blocks.. usually are carb'd though.. so.. who needs electronics! LOL

Mopar Catalog is here : http://www.mopar.com/m_perf_subcat.jsp?grp_id=1

540Blown_lc.jpg

The 540 Aluminum Hemi? can produce 900+ horsepower, depending on induction. It has a fully water-jacketed motor and a streetable camshaft. It is available in a completely polished version for the extreme show car enthusiast.

YUMMY!