New cars are better in every way... ?

New cars are better in every way... ?

• Newer cars are faster, handle better, are safer...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
^^^^
Well most car companies are run by accountants now not engineers. Lotus is one of the few makes that is still mostly run by engineers as it seems proton largely leaves them to their own devices. Ferrari is another make that is for the most part run by engineers.

Also look at the cars that are popular now? Toyota sells more cars, in the US at least, then anyone else once you exclude fleet sales. When was the last truly exciting Toyota car that took any risks? The majority of the car buying public wants boring, bland vehicles that are basicly appliances.

Well old cars are (mostly) beautifull and have character and charizma...I love them with all my heart. But i would never consider an old car as my day to day drive. I need my car in my work, and to get to work (i don't live very near the city and the buses are not to be mentioned). I think that bland toyotas are great - reliable and cheap/economic. I need a car that will start every morning without me even thinking about it. I also need a car that won't drink a fortune in gas.
An old car is something to take out on saturdays, sundays etc.. when you can take your time and don't care about nothing.

So - i love old cars but i would never had it as my only transport. During the week i need my appliance.

Fortunately we still have beautiful Alfa Rom?o bodies (they just need BMW chassis and a proper Italian engine to be perfect cars, as well as a diet) and stunning new Citro?n (C4 and C6).