Windows Vista RC1

I have it on my desktop, but Nero doesn't work with Vista 5456, so I'm screwed.

Is it just an ISO? Can I burn it with PowerISO or is it incompatible? Is it CD or DVD?

(Sorry, fresh XP install so only have PowerISO at the minute).

i thought that switcher was in the beta. in fact, it is, just used it. it is a very cool thing though.

It was? Oh, well there was no icon for it in the quick launch...

burnsy said:
i thought that switcher was in the beta. in fact, it is, just used it. it is a very cool thing though.

It's not new, but it now sports anti-aliasing.

I used gparted to make a separate partition so I could install Vista RC1. It's looking much better!

http://img142.imageshack.**/img142/49/rc1ku8.jpg

damn it... I just downloaded this with turbo.dTA and I had to leave while it was joining the files up, now I have to re-download again and it won't start :(

burning iso

burning iso

It says that you have to use the product key from winvi beta2 if u have one before and if you're installing RC1.

it's good, much more polished than Beta2, but I can't help but feel it doesn't perform quite as nicely. Media player and the media centre are fixed from beta 2 though, so that is a big step forward. the only dissapointment now is that transcode360 doesn't work with it!! ah well, all in good time...

FLIP 3D

FLIP 3D

A cool shot of the all new Flip 3D tool for swapping windows. For those who doesn't know how to do this: Press the WinKey (Button with Windows logo) + Tab.
http://img105.imageshack.**/img105/7942/vistashot2smallds2.jpg

^ Thats old news though... They have been going on about how great it is with that video thing. Some Linux distributions can do that as well...
My system is pretty much a well working media center, so I won't try it out. Plus I still have no Inet at the new place...

whatever.

Hey, does Vista RC1 supports 4 channel audio surround? Because it looks like they grayed out the option and disabled it.
Is that true? :unsure:

howcome i dont see the thumbnails when i rest my mouse over the thingies at the bototm or these cool alt+tab features..all i see is the normal window with list of programs when i press alt+tab...nothing happens with win key+tab...

it's obvious that you are using the theme "Windows Basic", you meant to switch to "Windows Aero". In win aero u can change transparency, colour, etc.
You can change it by right-clicking on the desktop and select Personilize.
If u can't maybe your computer isn't so Vista welcomed.