MY 2007 VW GTI to face some changes?

static

My VW dealer told me that Golf GTI will be getting 240 HP 2.0TFSI engine.
That would be pretty soon as some car models are already available as 2007-models. Subaru for example.

Does anyone have any info about this, sounds pretty wild I reckon. It would seriously step on R32 toes...
Although R36 is due to come later on but still it sounds weird.

It would make sense, as they are out-powered by almost every other "hot hatch". Plus the same engine is going to produce 265bhp in the S3, so it is not in the realms of the unthinkable for VW to power their car up a little as well.

can you get AWD in the GTI? i would suspect that would be the difference.

sandor_ said:
can you get AWD in the GTI? i would suspect that would be the difference.

As of now you can't (it's not a factory option, if that's what you mean). But it is definitly possible since it's shares its chasis with many AWD cars.

I dont think you can get the 4Motion on the GTI i might be wrong but i have never seen one and i think the R32 will be upped to an 3.6 in the future so R36 will be even farther from the GTI

I'd be quite sure the GTi remains FWD, if it gets power.

Hmmm, Im not so sure. Actually prepped an 07 Candy White 3 Door today and still has the 200HP 2.0T. So unless the new power output is applied to 07.5 models, 07 models are the same.

Re: MY 2007 VW GTI to face some changes?

static said:
That would be pretty soon as some car models are already available as 2007-models. Subaru for example.

Does anyone have any info about this, sounds pretty wild I reckon. It would seriously step on R32 toes...
There is a limited edition model with 230 hp coming up. It's the 30th anniversary (the first GTI was introduced 30 years ago) special edition:
http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publish/volkswagen_news/article_1760.shtml
There are rumours all GTI models will get the 230hp upgrade later. But at this point they are just that, rumours.

BTW, there also was a 25 years special edition mk IV GTI and a 20 year special edition mk III GTI.

...i would rather see the 5 door version of the GTI in the states....then i would buy one.

my point wrt to the AWD was that VW seems to be using that as at least one of the defining lines btwn the GTI and R32.

Re: MY 2007 VW GTI to face some changes?

static said:

The seat leon Cupra has the 240hp unit already so it was only natural for the GTI to get it also. The Leon cupra R will see around 260hp and the S3 will then get a powerboost of around 280hp.

sandor_ said:
...i would rather see the 5 door version of the GTI in the states....then i would buy one.

my point wrt to the AWD was that VW seems to be using that as at least one of the defining lines btwn the GTI and R32.
Apparently you can get them:

gti2.jpg

gti.jpg

gti4.jpg

gti3.jpg

And VW 4-motion is terrible, the only true AWD VW/Audis are longitudinally mounted engines, they have the Quattro system, if they have transversely mounted engines, they have some 3rd party AWD system which is crap and the cars handle like ass.

Haldex is used by alot of different manufacturers, including the veyron and its not crap as such, it depends how its used.

VW's never have had a Quattro based system, most of the time they all use haldex. As for the golf pictured above I dont think that is a real GTI. In fact im 99% sure that that is not a GTI.

Could be imported or a special order?

Maybe, it just looks too tame for some reason to be a GTI.

http://img216.imageshack.**/img216/1672/volkswagengolfgti200401sby9.jpg

I'm pretty certain that that was originally TDi 4motion with engine swap from GTi :bangin:

AmericanMuscle said:
Haldex is used by alot of different manufacturers, including the veyron and its not crap as such, it depends how its used.

VW's never have had a Quattro based system, most of the time they all use haldex. As for the golf pictured above I dont think that is a real GTI. In fact im 99% sure that that is not a GTI.

I'm thinking that GTI was shown regarding the
from sandor_ and was showing that the 5 door models are in the US. The only 5 door we've seen at Heuberger is one for Specialty Transport(they handle the press cars in our region)

Vitamin J said:
sandor_ said:

Apparently you can get them:

gti2.jpg

gti.jpg

gti4.jpg

gti3.jpg

And VW 4-motion is terrible, the only true AWD VW/Audis are longitudinally mounted engines, they have the Quattro system, if they have transversely mounted engines, they have some 3rd party AWD system which is crap and the cars handle like ass.

good to see, but Bill Cooke's website doesn't even list a 5 door GTI :?

hmmmmm.... looks good though