M3 or C6 Corvette?

M3 or C6 Corvette?

• Total voters
A toughy. The M3 seems like a baby sports car when you think of other BMWs like the M5 and I have a hard time thinking of me in a Corvette (big Viper fan obviously).

I'm gonna go with the M3 though.

Humm.. the old M3 i am guessing everyone is talking about, and in terms of power i think the C6 would take the M3.
But to own, i dont know.. I have seen the inside of the C6, and i really hate the streering wheel (yeah small thing but if you spend more then 2hours a day in a car you learn why its important), the M3 starts to look better.
I kind of lean towards the M3 actually because of the whole car, but, for pure power the C6.
Now if you ask about the Z06, even compare to the new M3, i would take the Z06 anyday.

Easy. M3. Don't even need to think about it.

But aren't they aimed at different markets? I'm not sure of their relative list prices (we don't have the 'vette in Aus), but I can't imagine too many prospective buyers tossing up between those two.

Mr.K,

I know, I just did a Google search for "leaf spring" and grabbed the first image that showed a good example of one.

You're kind of new, so unless you've been lurking you might not know about the ongoing debate about the Corvette's suspension.

My post was ment as a joke. And the Spring Wars are far from over. Hey, someone want to make up a Star Wars style graphic that says "Spring Wars?" It would be great to pull that out everytime we get off on the Corvette's Roman Chariot suspension.

Blind_Io said:
My post was ment as a joke.
It wasn't very funny. Lets just drop it from now on and stop bringing it up deliberately like you did.

Blind_Io said:
Mr.K,

I know, I just did a Google search for "leaf spring" and grabbed the first image that showed a good example of one.

You're kind of new, so unless you've been lurking you might not know about the ongoing debate about the Corvette's suspension.

My post was ment as a joke. And the Spring Wars are far from over. Hey, someone want to make up a Star Wars style graphic that says "Spring Wars?" It would be great to pull that out everytime we get off on the Corvette's Roman Chariot suspension.

I've been hanging out here for a bit now, and I've seen a range of comments about the 'vette's suspension setup. I figured you just pulled the picture off google quickly, the link didn't exactly match that of any popular site I know :?

I figured it was meant as a joke, just threw up a more serious picture =p. I'm no photoshop expert, so I can't make any sort of graphic. I could, however, scribble something in MSpaint :|

SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
Blind_Io said:
It wasn't very funny. Lets just drop it from now on and stop bringing it up deliberately like you did.

Sorry Mod,

I figured at this point the Vette suspension debate had been beat so far into the ground it kind of had become something we could all look back at and laugh about. I honestly didn't mean to start any crap by it. I guess my Fark sense of humor is bleeding over a bit. To explain: over at Fark when something gets to a legendary status, like the Vette spring debacle has, it kind of becomes a cliche of it's own and is fair game to be refrenced in the future.

If it makes you feel better I promise not to bring it up again. I thought the type of photo I chose, obviously being a heavy military truck, was so far from the actual Vette technology and suspension that it would obviously be taken as the joke I intended.

Mr. K, I actually should thank you for posting that. It was quite informative.

Never mind old or new model...M3 all the way! Just so adorable to drive :thumbsup:

Blind_Io said:
SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
Blind_Io said:

Sorry Mod,

I figured at this point the Vette suspension debate had been beat so far into the ground it kind of had become something we could all look back at and laugh about. I honestly didn't mean to start any crap by it. I guess my Fark sense of humor is bleeding over a bit. To explain: over at Fark when something gets to a legendary status, like the Vette spring debacle has, it kind of becomes a cliche of it's own and is fair game to be refrenced in the future.

I think "memes" is the word to use.

Though choice, as I would readily purchase either car. If you want to stand out more, I think the Corvette would be the better choice. It's more identifiable than the M3 (which is more easily confused as just another 3 series...well maybe not as much anymore). The M3 also seems to be slightly more "boy racer" than the 'vette. I'll agree to the thought that if you're looking at a Z06, get that hands down. But, I think I'll also put my vote in for the Corvette.

Blind_Io said:
Mr.K,

SPRINGWARS.jpg

hope thisone will do until someone makes a better one

Errr I just asked before that this stupid thing with the leaf springs be stopped. Get over it and stop doing it.

btw - you HAVE thought of a very good name for the topic on a whole - "spring wars" is a good way of reffering to it, lol. But lets not bring it up.

I'd go with the vette! Mainly cuz of the V8 and it isn't german! :lol:

I chose the BMW because I prefer German precision engineering rather than American simplicity (not that it is bad in any way, don't get me wrong. It's just a matter of taste.)
AND because I think the M3 looks better...*run for cover* :ph34r:

Has anyone seen the coming M3? It is awful.. like all new beemers..

If you want flash, take the C6.

I'd choose the M3 because it looks nicer, is a little more understated, seats 3 3/4, drives very well and is a rarer sight than a corvette.