Now that we've got the dough, what should we get hamster?

Now that we've got the dough, what should we get hamster?

• Tee shirts and chocolates

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mini Z remote control car

• Brake clock

• Total voters
I know nothing more than you guys except rumors that Overheat is nearby.

:whistle: Everybody was Kung Fu fighting... :whistle: Them cats were fast as lightnight... :whistle:

:lol:

couple of things i would like to point out here

as great as those helmets are, that site is a US site, and in my experience, getting stuff imported can take longer than forever. love the design, but i wish people would stop posting new suggestions for designs when it's clear we have a finished design

also, if anyone took any notice, i already posted a link to a place in the UK that does airbrushed graphics...
but here it is again...
http://www.granthood.co.uk/helmets.php

so the checklist...

• design - DONE

shop - not done

helmet - can we decide on one :?

extras? - mouthguard? T-shirt?

can we try and get this moving because it feels like nothing will ever get sorted :(

sorry if i sound a bit grumpy :)

EDIT: just found out this helmet MUST be kevlar or fibreglass or it cannot be painted

Good checklist, matt2000.

We also need someone to do the "physical stuff" - which can't be done over the net.
Preferably someone in the UK, I would guess... :)

AFAIK we need;
- someone to buy/get the helmet (and other stuff)
- someone to get it painted (delivery/pick-up)
- someone to deliver it to Hammonds whereabout.

I've sent an email to the producers asking for Hammonds helmet size, but are
still waiting for the reply. :?

Burnie said:
I've sent an email to the producers asking for Hammonds helmet size, but are
still waiting for the reply. :?
"bbc.co.uk/topgear/" is also checking to see if he can get this info.

that is quite important, went straight over my head that one :lol:

i'm afraid i can't help with any physical stuff. i'm just a student, so i don't have a car and it would be fairly pointless buying it if i couldn't get it delivered.

First we have to decide who will be doing this, because the shop where the helmet will be bought is dependant on it. Volunteers? Preferably some regular (no offence new members, but with that kind of money there's always trust issues).

Any open helmet will do in my opinion (racing crash helmet of course, not bike helmet). And because the price is not an issue here apparently, every manufacturer will have a good safe helmet which can be painted on. Paintjob is 250-600? accordning to that site, so the rest can be spent on helmet. But who knows how long it will take to do the job? :(

If we do not get a confirmed helmet size, I vote for medium :)

Well a helmet really is a great idea, with some hamster air-brushed on it and of course the words:

"I am a driving god!"

Oh and we really should chuck in a tooth whitening kit, that would be so hilarious, plus that karate hamster perhaps (something for the rest of family)? That would make a lovely package! :p

gotta have the words :thumbsup:

for anyone who isn't sure about the design we've got, just jump back a page or two. i really like that design.

i can't take the credit for the shirt idea, that was phrenzy's idea.

"i crashed a car at 300mph and all i got was this lousy shirt" :lol:

matt2000 said:
gotta have the words :thumbsup:

for anyone who isn't sure about the design we've got, just jump back a page or two. i really like that design.

i can't take the credit for the shirt idea, that was phrenzy's idea.

"i crashed a car at 300mph and all i got was this lousy shirt" :lol:
#

PMSL :lol: i LOVE that.... must be done..

Great design 2 pages back but where to put on the helmet? On the top? I think it would look quite odd.

I was thinking more about a helmet with a Hamster on both sides and the above the visor: "I am a driving god!" I got the idea from Eddie Irvine's old helmet, the one with the Jaguars on the side. It has got to be some angry hamster that would be quite ironical. I will do some drawing and photoshopping to let you see what I mean in the next few days! :thumbsup:

Let's leave "I am a" from the "driving god" bit, so it's more like a callsign, like a fighter pilot's personal helmet. Just my two cents, but it looks like 1)helmet, 2) "lousy shirt" t-shirt, and 3) tooth protector (tooth whitening has been done to bits, and a protector would be more relevant anyway) is going to be the final package.

i just got the idea of he tooth protector :lol:

bit slow today sorry :|