Ferrari 456.

I personally think that the look of the car is a little bit dated, but that's because I've seen Ferrari's design progression before my own eyes in what's parked in our garage.
The design is timeless, but it's always gonna be marred by the fact that when my dad and I were stopped at a traffic light, two black dudes rolled up in a hoopty and asked us if it was a porsche 944. And the one my dad leased even had scuderia shields on it.

The 550, however, makes it 100% clear that it's a ferrari (ours has no scuderia shields and isn't in Red like Richard Meaden's). Even in a subtle color, it shows that it means business. It may not be as fluid a design, but it's clear by how it appears that it is what it is.

Jacobfox said:
The design is timeless, but it's always gonna be marred by the fact that when my dad and I were stopped at a traffic light, two black dudes rolled up in a hoopty and asked us if it was a porsche 944.

Nothing at all wrong with that!

550 is definately in my top 10 Ferrari list. Love that car. Esp in red.

Not a huge fan of 575 headlights and rims.

watto said:
Jacobfox said:
The design is timeless, but it's always gonna be marred by the fact that when my dad and I were stopped at a traffic light, two black dudes rolled up in a hoopty and asked us if it was a porsche 944.

It's a little bit irritating when they're referring to a car that went out of production long before the 456 was even made.

Jacobfox said:
watto said:
Jacobfox said:

It's a little bit irritating when they're referring to a car that went out of production long before the 456 was even made.

Says something about the 944's design... Or perhaps the 456's?

FATMOUSE said:
What's the deal with (some) people (on the intarw3b) saying this and the Hyundai Tiburon look similar? :?
Because people are the intarw3b are t3h sto0pid. The 456 is a beautiful car, subtle and sophisticated like a grand touring Ferrari should be. Far better looking than the 612 that replaces it (I'm surprised that hasn't been mentioned yet). Plus, pop-up headlights are AWESOME! :D

watto said:
Jacobfox said:
watto said:
Jacobfox said:

Says something about the 944's design... Or perhaps the 456's?
i think most of all it says something about these two guys. ;)

FATMOUSE said:
It's a nice looking car.

What's the deal with (some) people (on the intarw3b) saying this and the Hyundai Tiburon look similar? :?
The rear roofline is very similar, in fact it was admitted they copied.
http://img357.imageshack.**/img357/3518/9945638nm1.jpg
Hyundai cribbed a desginer from Pinifarina for the car. Pininfarina will design for anybody, as shown when American car company Nash went to them in the 1950's.

Pinifarina also designed the Cadillac Allant?.

The chassis of the Allant? was made in Detroit, then was loaded onto specially equipped jets and shipped to Italy where the body (which was designed by Pininfarina of Ferrari fame) was mounted to the chassis. Afterwards, the cars were loaded back on the jetliners and shipped back to the Detroit/Hamtramck Assembly plant in Michigan for completion. This led to a few interesting nicknames, such as "The Flying Italian Cadillac" and "the world's longest assembly line."

http://img213.imageshack.**/img213/6448/199093cadillacallante93122271990002rg9.jpg

Another good example! Wonder what the Buick Regatta would of looked like if they designed it...

The Regatta was a good vehicle with many advanced features for its time but you are right. Its looks could have been improved.

That allante's a bit of a booboo for pininfarina. It's really not so nice in the flesh, plus it's really slow and heavy.

Pininfarina's also designed about 26,000,000 Hyundais and Kias. Hell, they even did a Chinese car. Take that however you like.

And was it that hard to design the Allante that the Americans had to run to Italy to chop the top off a brick? :?

looks quite boring.... not the kind of supercar i will wanna buy(if i have the money)

^ more of a gt car than a supercar. It's not supposed to be mad, its supposed to waft you from place to place in comfort and speed.

BlaRo said:
Pininfarina's also designed about 26,000,000 Hyundais and Kias. Hell, they even did a Chinese car. Take that however you like.

And was it that hard to design the Allante that the Americans had to run to Italy to chop the top off a brick? :?
true pinifarina gets hired to do a bunch of designs that are much less than spectacular.
Whats odd is what they did when Rolls Royce got them to do the Camargue

http://img61.imageshack.**/img61/8247/800pxcamarguetj6.jpg
http://img61.imageshack.**/img61/9004/800pxcamarguerearif1.jpg

this is known as the ugliest RR ever made, and even one of the worst cars ever produced. I actually find it quite attractive from the front nonetheless

BlaRo said:
Pininfarina's also designed about 26,000,000 Hyundais and Kias. Hell, they even did a Chinese car. :?
The chinese car they did was actually rather nice, it looked like a more thought out 5 series.