Top Gear Disagreements

I disagree with all the rubish things J. May has told about France :lol:

More Seriously I disagreed on Clarkson going off-road with an X3: it has no off-road pretention (otherwise they should also test the Subaru Forester in the same conditions).

I really disagree on JC about Porsche Lazy design, not especially on the core but rather on the fact that he has a car with 40 years old designed too :lol:

Staying with Porsche, if I can understand s.o. who doesn't like the Cayman (I do like it) or the Cayenne (I hate its look), I can't understand why RH and JC don't like the latest Boxster. It's not an amazing looking car but it's so pure design... like a mini Carrera GT.

I have a serious beef with their review of the Honda Element. Who the f*ck are they trying to kid? They only LIKE it because they don't SEE them EVERY FRIGGING DAY. It's a hideous car drivin' by idiots and they should be grateful the annoying beast isn't in England.

LadyBella, it's about time someone said it. They talk about how the Noble is a plastic car... but look at the Element. It is overtly plastic.

And let me get something else off my chest. Mazda Miatas and Mercedes CLK's are for women. Thats the end of it.

^ I agree, but balancing up heavier engines with the handling is another matter, got to know what you are doing if you want to maintain the balance but have put any significant amount of extra weight off the centre of gravity.

wrong - mx5's are and outstanding car for a bloke or a girl - thats what makes them awesome... if you or your wife has one you wouldnt feel like a jackass driving it ect... i especially like the new ones :)

and re: the forester, they never made claim it was good offroad did they?

Actually I'm usually in agreement with them except 2 things...BMW and the cool wall. A cool car is something no 45 year old man can ever spot. and RH is no inocent in this as well...
And how can JC look at the Z4 Coupe and say it's ugly?! I stood next to one and few are the cars that left such an impression on me (the CCX is another), all you get from that car is "IM EVIL, DRIVE ME LIKE A MANIAC!". Love cars that do that.

DriftFan84, I will have to disagree with you. The front of the Crossfire has allways - in my oppinion - been very good looking. The back end and roof line ruins the coupe. But the Cabrio doesn't have the problem with the roof and the back end, it looks very nice, and that's an end to that.

The 430 is nothing near pretty, it drives very well. That's an end to that too. Strangely enough.

As to the BMW range. I like the boldness of the 7-series, I like the sense of moderness with the 5, I like the 6 from the front, not so much from behind, I thing the 3 is boring, I love the Z4, I find the X5 too look sort of good in a strange way, and I think the 1 and the X3 are so ugly I have to feel pitty for the driver every time I see one.

The CCX is very good, the Ascari is good, the SLR is great in its own way.

Well. That's it.

Nomix, your take on the F430 could not be any more wrong. That car is stupifyingly pretty.

And on the Miata and CLK, I am giving the American perspective. You never see a guy in a Miata unless he is strapped in with a rainbow seatbelt, and I have never seen a guy driving an MR2 or Celica. Never. I am not saying that any of these cars are bad, just feminine.

And it isn't like I am trying to be macho; I drive a 3rd generation Mitsubishi Eclipse, a car commonly held to be less than manly.

I've seen many men drive Celicas and MR2s.

But then again, Americans believe a car ain't butch unless it's made of old churches and has an engine bigger than most peoples house.

nomix said:

Same, actually if i think of it, ive seen mostly men driving these cars (always guys in MR2's)... apparently Canadians are slightly more into small cars than our southern neighbours anyway

also - im 6'2" 110kgs, have a beard and play rugby... oh, i also drive a celica gt-s... does that make me girly?

Chupacabras said:
nomix said:

Same, actually if i think of it, ive seen mostly men driving these cars (always guys in MR2's)... apparently Canadians are slightly more into small cars than our southern neighbours anyway

also - im 6'2" 110kgs, have a beard and play rugby... oh, i also drive a celica gt-s... does that make me girly?
That sounds about like me. Only I don't play rugby, don't drive a Celica and would settle for pretty much anything.

But I would love an MX-5, actually. Remember May said he wouldn't care if the Boxster had "Hyundai Cheap Car" written on it, he would still have bought it. And really, I don't think the MX-5 is a girly car.

right on brother! :thumbsup:

I think the styling on the 5-series is nice.
Cant understand why Jeremy&gang doesnt like it. Its modern, and has been moved away from the very 'squary' old design.

I love the old 5-series.

But TG don't like the modern look of the 5-series, they don't like the retro look of the S-type, and when Benz comes along with something conservative - it's too err.. conservative.

Good marks for consistency :p

Ventura6 said:
You never see a guy in a Miata unless he is strapped in with a rainbow seatbelt.
Go to any autocross event...there's a good chance you'll see a Miata on the leaderboard.

Ventura6 said:
And on the Miata and CLK, I am giving the American perspective.
No you're not, you're just an ignorant homophobe. :p

hahaha gold! :lol:

It isn't about being an ignorant homophobe; it's about my disagreement with Top Gear. I think Miatas, CLK's, MR2's, and Celicas are for women, and they don't. Are Jeremy, James, and Hammond being sexist or homophobes when they say similar things about Ford Ka Convertables and ?Dampervans,? respectively? No. It?s a matter of opinion.

On to the 5 Series. I can't stand the look of it, but like many good things, it is probably ahead of its time. Of course, only time will tell. It isn?t modern? it?s futuristic. Problem is, no one knows what will look good in the future. I hope BMW knows what they are doing so that in a few years I can get a half priced M5 that by then will finally look good.

I completely disagree with clarkson when he says the ride in the Z4 is too hard (unless of course it was a matter of wheels/tires combo)

I also totally disagree when they bang on about run-flat tires on the previous generation of 3 Series BMW's making the ride too hard. Totally false. It is taut, not hard; certainly not uncomfortable. The seat however... whoa, like a rock.